Splash Car Wash Scratched My Car- What Now?

One time i had Walmart put windshield wipers on my car and the scratched the hood on both sides. I guess they didn't know how to get them off so they pulled them up and scratched the hood. It was deep too. So anyway i didn't notice it right away. I was on my way home and i seen it. I pulled over called walmart and told them. Well at first they offered me free oil changes and all that. I said no i would rather have my car fixed. They wanted to to come back the next day when the manager was there. So i went back and the manager decides to tell me that it was not them who did this to my car. He said that they (the workers) told him that the scratches was already there. Now he knew that the scratches was brand new. I knew they did it and so did he. After i had a calm talk with him he agreed to have the car fixed and he told me that i needed to get three estimates and one was at this place that they use. I left him know that i only needed one estimate and that i was not going to the place he wanted me to. I told him that i will be back tomorrow with my estimate. He agreed. I got the estimate and took it in and they told me that he was not there right now, but they will give it to him. Three days of calling there all day long and he was not in. Finally he answered the phone when i hung up and called right back. I said oh i thought that you wasn't in. He said i just walked in the door. Ok so anyway i ask him if he got the estimate No he says. I said do not leave there i am on my way and if you leave i am calling my attorney on what to do next. When i got there he was there. The next day i had my check. I had to sign a paper saying that they paid.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn...

well, i had not heard from the manager in 4 business days so I called I plan on getting the district manager involved today. will update later.

actually never got a call from the district manager yesterday , so I drove in after work yesterday evening and the manager that was there the night this mess started was there.

he said Ron (district manager) called him and instructed him to straighten this out. thanks for calling me guys- (and letting me know)

he said he knows a local guy that can can fix this.

Now this is where he lost me... he then added that the guy is actually a used car dealer or salesman (hard to concentrate, i was looking for a shovel) and that they do in house body work. :censored:

What the F3$%#%#$%?:chairshot:

the manager said he would definitely call me today...he has 3 hrs till the end of business day today. ( I don't expect a call)

Great- now i have to take a morning off (and lose money-i'm a contractor)from work next week, go to the body shop i trust, get an estimate, drive back to these clowns and demand a check to cover the damages.

So far from making this a painless thing.

I am now officially *BLEEP*ed.

:chairshot: :censored: :chairshot: :censored: :chairshot:

I wish some people would just own up to their mistakes! They were the ones to mess up, so DEAL WITH IT lol you know what i mean?

Especially a store owner should know. You should go into that store and knock over a few things (where there are no cameras) and say they were already down; that'll teach them a lesson. It's not like you go to random stores and scam them and say that they made a scratch on a hood in the most random place to get it re-painted. Some people don't think. how rediculous is that!! lol

Also, even if a car was acratched and re-painted, the OWNER still feels bad. I know i did. It's like under all that puddy and paint, there is an empty place where metal should be lol. It's like it was PERFECT, and now just a little less.

Just the little things us car owners must go through :(

i have never seen a lex that color, i like it, looks like u are proceeding in the correct place. if they hurt it they fix it.  

btw could u post a pic of the whole car. :D

thanks-

I love the blue! I didn't even know the 97-01 es's even came in a blue. Did you have to pre-order it? It's so beautiful! I thought the black was nice! WOW

does anyone know if it's indigo ink pearl or the blue onyx pearl etc.? What's the specific name?

i have never seen a lex that color, i like it, looks like u are proceeding in the correct place. if they hurt it they fix it.  

btw could u post a pic of the whole car. :D

thanks-

I love the blue! I didn't even know the 97-01 es's even came in a blue. Did you have to pre-order it? It's so beautiful! I thought the black was nice! WOW

does anyone know if it's indigo ink pearl or the blue onyx pearl etc.? What's the specific name?

thanks-

not me , this was a CPO with 22k original miles on it when i bought it in 2000-the previous driver turned it in from a lease.

i'm 100% sure it's called...Bluish Velvet Pearl. (i purchased touch up paint from the dealer and that's what it said.i'll check tonight)

Yeah- I love that color- especially after I wax the car a couple of times.

You can always threaten small claims court.  That usually puts a fire under their butts.  Make sure you have all dates and conversations documented.

steviej

I'm also using this post as a diary!

I stopped back last night after not getting a call i was promised.

One of the managers said they were real busy- I asked what that had to do with my issue.

I then let him know that I spoke to corporate and they wanted to know why i wasn't told to fill out an accident report.I told them the manager that night said "i'll take care of you tomorrow". That never happened, so i picked up the accident report last night.

I'm taking a mental health day tomorrow (half day) so I plan on getting an estimate from a body shop i trust a couple of miles from this location.

I will then make a copy for my records, and present the car wash place with the original and tell them I expect a check in 24 hrs.

I've been nothing but calm and patient, but this is dragging and I fear if I don't get that estimate tomorrow, then I won't even have a case in small claims court.

:unsure:

ok- just got a call back from one of the managers a couple of minutes ago.

they got in contact from the body shop and wanted me to make an appointment.

great- i thought...I asked where it was and the town it was in is 30-45 minutes north. So much for using a local shop, huh.

I thanked him for the call back and explained that there was no way i can make it to the shop and go to work (i take the train 2 blocks from this car wash).

I reminded him that he said he would use someone local.

I advised him that I will be there in the morning with a quote from the local body shop i trust.

Luckily - this is going to come to an end soon.

Not surprising, this is to paint the whole door?

yes. and it will take 3 days. they suggest that when i hand the car wash place the estimate to also tell them they need to pay for my rental. which they created some sort of estimate for that also- $135 and change.

yes. and it will take 3 days. they suggest that when i hand the car wash place the estimate to also tell them they need to pay for my rental. which they created some sort of estimate for that also- $135 and change.

ok, i handed the estimate last night and will get back to me after submitting it to the distract manager.

They said if he approves, they will cut me a check.

fingers are now officially crossed!

ok, i handed the estimate last night and will get back to me after submitting it to the distract manager.

They said if he approves, they will cut me a check.

fingers are now officially crossed!

If they don't get back to you in a few days give them a call.

OK, after not having my messages returned by the District manager, I called the manager again. (second day in a row)

Today he said that the DM will present the case/issue to headquarters and upon approval they will cut me a check.

I'll believe it when I cash it.

Keep on them, they're betting you'll go away.

they can hope, but i'm not going anywhere- i'm proving it by calling them every day this week and stopping by.

I'll expect the check next week or else I'll call my lawyer and see what other options I have besides small claims court.

You could have the lawyer call them.  It might "scare" 'em a bit! :)

that is a real good idea- or have my friend pretend to be a lawyer and call 'em!

It's a great idea! It's not like they are going to know whether or not your friend went to law school and passed the bar, and in a lawsuit happy society, it'll get things rolling at a much better pace. I'd have your "lawyer" give the carwash 5 more days(or whatever you want) to get your ES fixed to your likings before "he" brings suit against them.