Looking For Recommendations

sabishii

This isn't a "car X or car Y: which one should I get" type of post, for better or worse.

Well, right now I have a '95 Lexus LS400. It's a nice car - great interior, engine and overall quality - but I would like something sportier and maybe smaller in dimensions. However, I've been spoiled by the V8 engine, so I'm not quite sure about smaller engine cars. On the other hand, this IS my first car (lucky, aren't I) and I haven't tested many types of cars, so a fast 4 cylinder COULD be viable.

Anyways, I'm not looking for specific model suggestions more than I am for general ideas. Like a range of cars... For example, a welcomed response would be like "look at a Mustang or a car similar to it."

My budget is around $20k, which I may be able to push to $25k.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I can get some detailed (and educational!) comments. =)

GS400, smaller than the LS, same (even faster) engine and a sportier overall character. You can get into a 99 for that money, you don't want a 98.

Thanks for the reply.

What about the SC400? As compared to the GS, for example, as I haven't looked at the GS and the SC only a little.

Thanks again.

Just wondering why you mentioned not getting a 98 steve?

I agree t for a 4 door with a v8 their is nothgin better than the GS unless you spend crazy cash for an M5 of the same vintage

or jsut keep your car as CD kind of mentioned and add some tein suspension rims and it will feel alot more sporty under normal driving but still be lexus smooth

That depends on whether or not you want 4 doors. I personally could never drive a 2 door car.

Agreed! If I had the choice, I'd take the 4 door all day too.....& the GS is a very nice luxury sports sedan! B)

:cheers:

If I had $25k to spend on a sports car, I'd look no further than a Ford's SVT Cobra with the supercharged 4.6=390 horses. B) It's a Ford, so the depreciation should be feirce which would allow you to get into a late model for the $$ you are looking to spend. The Z3 is also a very nice looking little car...

All that aside, a GS400/30 sounds like the answer to your question. It's got the V8 you know and love with a slightly tighter but still very comfortable ride compared to that of the LS.