Maximum Speed @110 Miles Per Hour

04RX330

Just wodering is there a way to by-pass the speed limit @110 miles per hr. cause when I was @110 the car is still very stable and for sure it can go further. It just dont feel right that the gas cut off at the early stage @ 110. The tte V-Max kit looks good but is in German and cant understand it and dont know how to order. Is there a simple way to do it??

There are quite a few companies in the US that supply TTE parts that should be able to get it for you. The instructions also normally come in English.

Most other speed limit removers are also used to convert JDM import vehicles from Km/h to mph which basically fools the ECU/speedo into thinking it is going slower than it is, the limit is still there just now at 180mph instead of 180Km/h.

A most important thing to remember is that your tires are also rated for a certain MPH and the limit is also so you don't have a tire fly apart at a speed that it is not rated for. If you change the limiter change your tires also to the proper speed rating.

I'm sure it can be bypassed, but why. The RX is hardly a sports car and I'm sure its handling gets none too sure over 110 mph.

i agree

But really, where in the US highway system will you have an opportunity to safely travel more than 110mph?

i agree also

But really, where in the US highway system will you have an opportunity to safely travel more than 110mph?

SW03ES,

During my trip from Los Angeles to Vegas or SFO, I can easily go up to 130 miles with my other car and is pretty safe. Nowadays even Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic can both go over 110 easily. So please stick to my question, how to by pass the speed limit instead of making comments out of the subject. My RX is with the peformance package which can lower the suspension and provides more stability than others and it is just not right to set the limit so low @ 110 as compare to GX which can go over 130 miles per hour.

ColinBarber,

Your advises are good but can u provide more information how to order those??

then after that we can teach you to make a homemade shotgun using old pipes...

or maybe turn the spare tire area into a concealed compartment to illegal items...

seriously not worth the liability issues and everything else associated with abetting his attempts to break land speed records at the safety of the public...p.s. have your brake boosters checked first.

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I knew it has been a long time since this message was posted. Any one figure out it how to bypass the 110mph limit? Please advice. I need it desprately.

SW03ES,

During my trip from Los Angeles to Vegas or SFO, I can easily go up to 130 miles with my other car and is pretty safe. Nowadays even Toyota Corolla or Honda Civic can both go over 110 easily. So please stick to my question, how to by pass the speed limit instead of making comments out of the subject. My RX is with the peformance package which can lower the suspension and provides more stability than others and it is just not right to set the limit so low @ 110 as compare to GX which can go over 130 miles per hour.

ColinBarber,

Your advises are good but can u provide more information how to order those??

I can't think of a single "desprate" reason to go 110 MPH in any highway vehicle in the US. Unless you are running from the police. Now, why would you need to do that?

Are you racing an RX330 at the local track? I suspect not.

The safer cars become the more unsafely people drive them. The highways aren't NASCAR tracks and you aren't a NASCAR driver. Do you really want to drive fast? Spend $400 bucks at the California speedway or other local speedway and you can take a Winston Cup car up to 165 MPH... if you can handle it.

i've gone over 110 in the rx300 before, is this cut-off only for a few rx300's?

Hes talking about the rx330, not the rx300. Kinda cool that its limited, i had no idea. The fastest ive every gone on my car is 90mph. lol, the engine noise scares me :huh: seems like its trying too hard, haha. wouldnt want to hurt my baby

Hes talking about the rx330, not the rx300. Kinda cool that its limited, i had no idea. The fastest ive every gone on my car is 90mph. lol, the engine noise scares me :huh: seems like its trying too hard, haha. wouldnt want to hurt my baby

Oops :whistles:

I never noiced this in the 330 though, maybe i just never needed to get that high

I can't think of a single "desprate" reason to go 110 MPH in any highway vehicle in the US. Unless you are running from the police. Now, why would you need to do that?

Are you racing an RX330 at the local track? I suspect not.

The safer cars become the more unsafely people drive them. The highways aren't NASCAR tracks and you aren't a NASCAR driver. Do you really want to drive fast? Spend $400 bucks at the California speedway or other local speedway and you can take a Winston Cup car up to 165 MPH... if you can handle it.

If this is true why won't Lexus put a speed limiter at 85mph? In California, anything over 75 mph is breaking the law (or 55, 65 depends on local hwy/fwy limits). Anything over 100mph get additional reckless driving fine. What is so magical about 110mph?

• 1 month later...

I never noiced this in the 330 though, maybe i just never needed to get that high

TTE is the only way, but really is expensive. I really tried, and no way to do it besides TTE.

post-20589-1141671766_thumb.jpg

TTE is the only way, but really is expensive. I really tried, and no way to do it besides TTE.

I am not so sure I would trust the accuracy of my speedo much after 65 mph. That is not to say that you are not going close to the speed it states but....I am still trying to figure out why you want to go that fast in such a heavy vehicle that has never been noted for being agile. However, to each their own. Personally, I save the speeding for my Mustang 5.0.

Why 110??

I suspect that you have "S" speed rated tires from the factory on the 330. Those tires are rated at 112mph, hence the cutoff at 110.

Speed limiters on vehicles are typically based on tire ratings.

My uncle bought a truck once that had a cutoff at 90mph. Needless to say he was not terribly pleased when he learned this going down a long straight mountain highway with a semi truck gaining on him.

To change the limiter is to reprogram the ECU. There are multiple ways to do that. Search the web.

Tom