You Know You Are A 1st Time Lexus Owner When...

jasver

-When it takes you an hour to read the owners manual

-When you can no longer put $10 in your gas tank and go another 200 miles...mine sucks up gas like it's a vacuum

Speaking of gas...

-When you have to have a philosophical discussion on whether 87 octane is even in the running to go in your tank anymore. See:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...+mileage++es300

-When you look in your rear view mirror after the light turns green, and realize: "OH MY GOODNESS, I'M SPEEDING!" What happened to the other cars?

-When you just come out of Starbucks and realize you have no cupholders...oops, did I say that outloud!

-When you realize you are now apart of an elite group of car owners that value quality, and the continued pursuit of perfection

I love this forum!

Please feel free to add to the list...I'm a first time Lexus owner as you can tell. Thanks for the great info!

No cup holders?  What a ripoff. 

Mine has 4.

Like SW03ES said, the 2001 ES300 has them, but not worth speaking of. You find this out quickly, when your steaming cup almost spills on your leather seats! Yuck!

Mine has 4.

Like SW03ES said, the 2001 ES300 has them, but not worth speaking of. You find this out quickly, when your steaming cup almost spills on your leather seats! Yuck!

Man, that's terrible. I have a friend who had narrowed her choice down to three car models. She ended up buying a Mercedes based mostly on the number and functionality of the cup holders. :lol:

Mine has 4.

Man, that's terrible. I have a friend who had narrowed her choice down to three car models. She ended up buying a Mercedes based mostly on the number and functionality of the cup holders. :lol:

Cupholders were also one of my wife's criteria. She hated my 2000 Acura TL but likes her 2004 Volvo V70. She likes the cupholders in the front of the Lexus, but the rear ones are a pain (you can't use them if there are 3 passengers in the rear).

-When it takes you an hour to read the owners manual

-When you can no longer put $10 in your gas tank and go another 200 miles...mine sucks up gas like it's a vacuum

Please feel free to add to the list...I'm a first time Lexus owner as you can tell. Thanks for the great info!

Sounds like there's something wrong with yours.

My 2004 ES 330 does pretty well on gas - especially when you consider that there are more than 200 ponies under the hood. At a steady 70 mph, I was pretty close to 30 mpg last week. Not too bad at all for a midsize.

jasver Posted Today, 12:08 PM

QUOTE(khhoang @ Dec 1 2004, 02:35 PM)

you try cranking the car a couple times with no success, perplexly scratch your head, then realize the car is already idling.. 

Agreed  !!!!

YEP! :)

jasver Posted Today, 12:08 PM

QUOTE(khhoang @ Dec 1 2004, 02:35 PM)

you try cranking the car a couple times with no success, perplexly scratch your head, then realize the car is already idling.. 

Agreed  !!!!

YEP! :)

when you open the sunroof and realize, i love this car!

when you are cruising at highway speed and the only indication that you are even moving, are the needles on the gauges.

more to come...

- when you order 2 sets of manuals and keep one in your car and one right in front of you on your desk besides your computer.

- when you start worrying about the micron sizes of the particles you are trying to protect your engine from.

- when you count how many times you have visited http://owners.lexus.com and http://auto.howstuffworks.com in the last few days.

- when for the first time you feel good about your silver hair only because they matched the color of your favorite car!

Life is good, keep driving ...

- when you order 2 sets of manuals and keep one in your car and one right in front of you on your desk besides your computer.

I thought I was the only one that did that. :whistles: :blink:

It's funny how all your friends always want to ride in the Lex.

steviej

I thought I was the only one that did that. :whistles: :blink:

It's funny how all your friends always want to ride in the Lex.

steviej

Mm, I have no interest in riding in other peoples cars. Simply because I know it can't be half as good of a ride as mine, UNLESS it is another Lexus owner. Ok, I'll admit it I am very discriminating!

For the first time in your life you actually learn to really "handwash" your car and vow to never run it through a carwash ever again...... :D

The best part, is after you've washed it. You go somewhere, park it, and while you are walking away, you turn around to see a job well done. Now that is a good feeling. Especially if yours is the cleanest ride in the parking lot!

- when you start worrying about the micron sizes of the particles you are trying to protect your engine from.

- when you count how many times you have visited http://owners.lexus.com and http://auto.howstuffworks.com in the last few days.

- when for the first time you feel good about your silver hair only because they matched the color of your favorite car!

Life is good, keep driving ...

I loved your responses!!! Thanks for chiming in!

• 2 weeks later...

you try cranking the car a couple times with no success, perplexly scratch your head, then realize the car is already idling..  :rolleyes:

That is great!! :D

You know you are a first time Lexus owner when...you've finally come to the realization that a smooth ride, elegant styling, first rate powertrain, boundless quality, and a smooth, controlled, cushy ride are more important than some sporty, hi tech, un-reliable contraption from our friends in Germany. :D

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...