Es Definition

i wonder

what the hell does I S in is 300 stand for

inital sedan

import sedan?

i have no clue on that

ahah.. i like this one.. i never think of what "IS" stands for...

may be "IMPORTANT Sedan"

i really want to knw too...

i asked the dealer at Lexus a while back what all those intials stood.

GS = grand sport sedan

ES = entry level sedan

LS = luxury sedan

dunno if those are correct.

im guessing LX = luxury sport utility and the IS = in-line 6 sedan?

as for RX = i totally have no clue ;)

if you own a lexus and register it with Lexus.com (need VIN) to enter this section of the website, you get access to FAQs. One of the frequently asked questions is what do the letters stand for.

ES = executive sedan.

check it out. if you haven't registered, it may take a few days to set up the account.

steviej

if you haven't registered, it may take a few days to set up the account.

steviej:

I was able to register in a few minutes. What did you mean about taking days to set up an account?

Alan

when I registered back in 9/02, you were able to sign in if the dealership had filed all paperwork on new car purchases for the VIN. It was more waiting for the dealer to catch up. I was actually trying to register within a few days of purchasing the car.

Since then lexus.com has undergone some web changes. If you signed up before the changes, there is a good chance you may not be able to log in. However, as I found out by calling Lexus' customer service line, that all my log in information is correct and is what I thought and is what is in their system. But alas neither they nor I could access the owners forum. I was told it would take 1-2 weeks for a lexus.com website technologist to get back to me with a resolve.

Alan, check out your 03 transmission thread. The same representative that I spoke with called me back with an update on the tranny problem.

steviej