If Money Were No Object....

branshew

Here's a non technical one for you:

If money were no object, would you still drive a Lexus? If so, which one and why?

(Keeping in mind that you could buy anything: Bentley, Maybach, Ferrari, etc...)

Personally, I will probably always own a Lexus based on my experience with their cars. Especially as my daily driver. It's nice to know you can depend on their reliability compared to other makes. Even if I had piles of money, it would frustrate me to know that I paid $80K + for a new European car and it was in the shop all the time.

(Naturally though, if money were no object I want a toy on the side to take on rides on the weekends as well. Maybe something Italian, fast, possibly red......oh yeah and another car too.)

Here's a non technical one for you:

If money were no object, would you still drive a Lexus? If so, which one and why?

(Keeping in mind that you could buy anything: Bentley, Maybach, Ferrari, etc...)

If money's no object, why only one?

I'd probably have a Maserati for fun, a Rolls for comfort, an Odyssey for when I have to haul everyone, and so on.

If I could only have one, I'd go with a '04 LS430. My favoite LS is the '00, but the 430 has many more toys, and it's probably got more room inside which is very important to me. I'd also weigh in the idea of the new CL600 or current S500 because I think those are two awesome machines.

:cheers:

I love cars. I would have an extensive collection which would include a 2000 LS400, one of the best cars ever. My brother had one and it was the most comfortable performance cars. It was very fast. You could do 130 and feel like your gliding softly.

Accoridng to what I have read bill gates use to always drive an ls400 when he was only worth a couple of 100 million.

if money was no object i would have

dodge hennesey viper venom 800tt (200,000 0-60:2.4)

jaguar xj220(700,000)

ferrari FX(might be called f60 now that its out)

laborghini merciologo

the BMW x5 SUV and 7 serious car for cruising

Now that woudl be amazing.

It was very fast. You could do 130 and feel like your gliding softly.

at 130 thats bad,soft cars means worse handeling and also means that if u fealt liek ure gliding its b\c u hardly have any tractyion its so soft,so thats dangerious.

I forgot one - the car I'll probably never own:

A Duesenberg. Perhaps the best car ever built. Ever.

As an example, you could accelerate from 4 mph to over 100 mph without shifting out of top gear. Talk about torque.

Not to mention it being one of the most beautiful cars ever built.

All these BMW's????

Man I really think the new BMW 7, 6, 5, and Z designs are absolutely LAME. They all look like Pontiacs. The rear end looks as if it was retrofitted to the design of the car. The trunk especially looks out of place. From a performance perspective there are few that are better, but from a styling perspective I want to throw up. I have also not heard anything good about their i-drive system.

I could never understand why they would want to make their Flagship 7-series look like their entry level 3-series. Usually it is the other way around in that the latest flagship is unveiled and in the following years the other models start looking like the flagship. Evidenced by Merrcedes, Jaguar, Lexus, etc...

Don't get me wrong as I am not a BMW hater. I really thought that the previous generation 5 series was one of the best looking cars on the road. Same goes for the previous 7 Series.

Aston Martin DB9 or V12 Vanquish & possibly even the Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren! Pure awesome machines & more than likely one of the best chick magnets around (although I am married now so..... :whistles: ......but I can dream can't I? ) B)

:cheers:

Daily driver:

1) Lexus GS430, fully loaded.

Weekend cars:

McLaren F1.

Ferrari Enzo.

Ferrari 360 Modena Spyder.

1957 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing.

Deusenberg SJ.

Toyota 2000GT. This example is/was being displayed at one of the largest Toyota

dealers in Vancouver.

2000GT.jpg

Some cars parked in my 'hood in the past month:

A 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing. Owned by a classy older lady. The car is in Concours condition,

and her and her husband drove it down to Monterey from Vancouver BC(!) a few weeks ago. My car is the white ES300. An Aston Martin DB7 parked beside me,

but everyone's eyes were on the 300SL!

Yaletown3.jpg

Prettymaids.jpg

front.jpg

interior2.jpg

These Lamborghinis were parked in front of the hotel across the street from the Starbucks in the previous 300SL photos.

lambos.jpg

Enjoy!

at 130 thats bad,soft cars means worse handeling and also means that if u fealt liek ure gliding its b\c u hardly have any tractyion its so soft,so thats dangerious.

I think you should talk to some pro drivers before you stay too married to that statement ;)

I think you should talk to some pro drivers before you stay too married to that statement ;)

i am no pro

but i took an E55 at work for a while the other day and wow it handled speed bumps like an LS430 and corners like a 3 series

it was great

plus twitching in shifts of 1st 2nd and 3rd, i couldn;t go any faster to find out about 4th 5th and 6th

i am no pro

but i took an E55 at work for a while the other day and wow it handled speed bumps like an LS430 and corners like a 3 series

it was great

plus twitching in shifts of 1st 2nd and 3rd, i couldn;t go any faster to find out about 4th 5th and 6th

Nice. That is a sweet ride!

I had the chance recently to drive a brand new 2004 E55 for a couple of laps on a closed course race track at the Virginia International Raceway and it was a blast. I was also able to get behind the wheel of an SL 55 on the same course. It made for a nice day of driving. It was part of a Mercedes Benz "On Track" event.