Headlight Upgrade

V-10

Hello all

My first post here but I've been lurking for a while and have picked up some terrific tips on these boards.

I have a 95 LS400 and am not happy with the brightness of the stock headlights. Have any of you upgraded the bulbs and what kind of difference has it made. Bulb brand and specific sizes (part numbers) would be helpful.

Best

Steve

can't go wrong with the Silverstar bulbs, thats what i have......9004, i'm not sure if Gen 2 uses the same bulb, ( i don't think they do)

you can buy an HID kit for the car as well, a lot more expensive though

also if you do a search at the bottom of the page you will get a lot of previous posts you can read through, to help you out

good luck

HID is not legal in US as an aftermarket upgrade.

i would recommend MTEC bulbs, they are cheap and reliable/ if properly installed will not give any problems and will not burn out in 3 month

Legalities.....

It wasn't legal for Compaq to copy the original IBM, but IBM didn't care at the time (so what, it's not a "real" computer) so didn't pursue any legal action.

The HID aftermarket installed base is now way too large for any hope of realistic enforcement action. Besides which, the action required would more likely be at the manufacturing and/or distribution channels.

Can't say I like it that way but that's the way it is.

Well, you could always get the DOT Legal ones. If you live in the LA area, Clearcorners.com can make you a good DOT legal/True HID System. It's not cheap.

it should concern you the most since its legal to sell then and legal to have them, but illegal to use them. same thing here in ny with radars. you are the one who is gonna get a ticket:)

On a previous LS which did not have HID, Wagner "BriteLite Xenon" bulbs provided a lot of improvement. They are available in several sizes including H4/9003. They do have the fake purple HID look but they do provide a much whiter light which seems to fill in the light pattern. They are relatively inexpensive, lasted longer (years!) and did not seem to irritate other drivers like the high wattage bulbs I tried. They are available in stores and on the internet. Here is one seller: http://www.brandsport.com/wagl-9003bl.html

• 6 months later...