17" Wheels On 91 Ls

dole2000

For some reason I am having a hardtime making the upgrade. I am worried about breaking mostly. Stiffer ride won't bother me. I would like to hear from people who have made the change and would they do it again.

Thanks,

Bob

17's look nice 18's look best anything over is overkill for looks not performance driving.

You should have better braking as there is less sidwall to soften the treads contact patch to the road.

i agree with you on keeping it origanal fatman. i just couldn't live the disgusting 15" wheels that come on the gen 1, they are aweful looking.

if you only upgrade the wheels to OEM later model wheels it really enhances the cars looks tremendously

Hi...ive 18s on my car and like ive said in other posts...with the 18s in my view its now the car it should have been.....

If i had to go back to the 205/65/15s....think i would sale it and buy something else..

Thats just my view ;)

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER, OPINIONS ARE LIKE (*) EVERYONE HAS ONE, THE OWNER SHOULD SEE HIS CAR AS IT IS, AND WHAT HE WANTS IT TO BE AND MAKE A WISE CHOICE. TO GET A FEEL FOR WHAT YOUR LS WILL LOOK LIKE HERE IS A LINK TO TRY SOME VIRTUAL WHEELS ON YOUR CAR

http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/brochure/i...wheelsInter.jsp

:chairshot:

post-4-1084399137.jpg

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER, OPINIONS ARE LIKE (*) EVERYONE HAS ONE, THE OWNER SHOULD SEE HIS CAR AS IT IS, AND WHAT HE WANTS IT TO BE AND MAKE A WISE CHOICE. TO GET A FEEL FOR WHAT YOUR LS WILL LOOK LIKE HERE IS A LINK TO TRY SOME VIRTUAL WHEELS ON YOUR CAR

http://www.discounttire.com/dtc/brochure/i...wheelsInter.jsp

:chairshot:

Fatman:

Please don't use all CAPS since it's used to yell at people.

Thanks

-----------

I'd go with the 17s, unless you're going to upgrade your brakes to something a little better. Then go 18's.

I upgraded my 91 LS 400 to a set of 2001 lexus ES 300 17 inch five spoke chrome wheels that ride and perform great. Certainly no problem braking. Once in a while, I hear the tire rub a tierod in a full lock turn backing up. Great ride, good looks and I am very happy I found the set of wheels at a used wheel shop for about $350.00. I have a set of YOKO's on it, at the time, I didn't want to spend the money on michelin Also, the old wheels were slightly bent from the prior owner giving me a lousy ride. Good Luck!

I don't really have any problem with my original 15" but I do think the later Lexus 17" (especially the 5 spoke) look great. Just be careful in heavy rain with the very low profile tires are they hydroplane wicked bad compared to higher profile tires.

I didn't realize the lower profile tire would hydroplane more. I live in MN where we always have bad weather. I have some Michelin Alpin tires on my Infiniti that are great, I was planning on buying those for my 17's.

Bob```````````````

i cant wait to get myself 18 inchers, once i will get enuff funds i will drop the car and put 18inchers from the mrsypher catalog

i cant wait to get myself 18 inchers, once i will get enuff funds i will drop the car and put 18inchers from the mrsypher catalog

Fairplay mate,i think it will be one of the best mods you could have done ;)

I upgraded my 91 LS 400 to a set of 2001 lexus ES 300 17 inch five spoke chrome wheels that ride and perform great. Certainly no problem braking. Once in a while, I hear the tire rub a tierod in a full lock turn backing up. Great ride, good looks and I am very happy I found the set of wheels at a used wheel shop for about $350.00. I have a set of YOKO's on it, at the time, I didn't want to spend the money on michelin Also, the old wheels were slightly bent from the prior owner giving me a lousy ride. Good Luck!

Although the ES300 has the same bolt pattern, most ES300 wheels are not as wide as the LS 400 wheels. Additionally, the ES300 front wheel drive offset is different so wheel position within the fender well will be different too. You may want to check the width on 17" LS400 wheels vs. ES300 (about .5 inch wider). Most all Toyota 5 lug wheels of the last 15+ years carry the same pattern size and can be interchanged with other Toyota vehicles. My 96 Previa looks and handles great with a set of 2001 LS400 wheels (rear wheel to rear wheel application). My next step will be to put some SC430 wheels on my Previa.

Gary

i have 18 inch nakayama chrome wheels and i didn't notice any ride change. they also look really nice so that people don't think they are stock but it doesn't look too outragous and performance isn't compromised.