Gs300 Fuel Mileage

what is it if the engine is bone stock?

lets see, i fill my tank about what... 14- 16 gallons... and i've gotten around 330 miles out of my car on a full tank. so that's about 20 miles per gallon. not too bad for a supra engine and a car that weight over two tons

I didn't know the GS300 used the Supra engine.

a-spec gs300 uses the 2jz-ge (93+ supra non-turbo engine)

j-spec toyota aristo (lexus gs300) a. 3.0Q 2jz-ge non-turbo

b. 3.0V 2jz-gte twinturbo

c. 4.0Z i-four V8

there's the breakdown on engines

I get 23 to 24 mpg driving on country roads, not freeways. My daily driving is in the Sierra Nevada foothills so I can gain or decrease in elevation about 1,500 feet. I get about 19 mpg up hill and 26 downhill.

GS 400. On 100% interstate driving I got 27.4 mpg using 93 octane on a flat stretch thru Georgia running 75-80 mph. Get 22mpg on mixed city/hwy. Just did 1000 mile trip from S Fl to S Indiana and got 26mpg for trip.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We'll maybe u guys can help me out im only getting 16-18 mpg with a mixture of both city, and highway.

What would be a good idea to increase my gas mileage, only thing i can think of for the 4 yrs that ive had my car i never put fuel injection cleaner in my tank although i have always religously used premium gas in my tank.

Any 1 please help the situation.

My best so far is the trip I had from L.A. to San Jose, 22mpg, 368 miles in 3 and a half hours. :D :D :D Average is 18 mpg.

98 g3, 20 mpg around town and 25 mpg on the highway.

I'm getting between 21, if I have been mashing on the throttle, and 24, if I am being a little conservative. This is on 93 octane. For some reason, I seem to get a little better mileage with the a/c on... or it could just be my imagination.

'94 GS 300:

I average about 17 mpg around town, stop-and-go which is 90% of my driving. The A/C is on, and I'm usually making short, less than 5 mile trips.

But with pure highway driving, I've achieved about 26-29 mpg.

The best is I've averaged is high as 31-32 mpg on a tank: Almost no A/C; cool 65-degree day, back roads in which you couldn't go much above 75 mph, averaging 55 or so.

I didn't know the GS300 used the Supra engine.

a-spec gs300 uses the 2jz-ge (93+ supra non-turbo engine)

j-spec toyota aristo (lexus gs300) a. 3.0Q 2jz-ge non-turbo

b. 3.0V 2jz-gte twinturbo

c. 4.0Z i-four V8

there's the breakdown on engines

Our Lexus, who art in my driveway,

hallowed be thy name, thy speed has come, thy will never be done,

on the road as it is on the mind, give us this day your daily beauty,

and forgive us our speeding, as we forgive those who drive too slow in front of us,

and lead us not into incarceration, but deliver us from the cops ....amen

THE ABOVE IS VERY FUNNY AND CREATIVE...... :cheers:

When you say 20 MPG are you talking city driving, highway, or combined? I have a GS400 and I get about 25 on the highway and 16-17 around town, unless I'm puting my foot into it, which happens quite often :)

the 300 should get better mileage but not a lot more, maybe 2-3 MPG better. Unless the car hasn't been tuned lately, the most critical factor determining MPG is the way someone drives. Fast starts/stops and driving in power mode burns more gas. If you use a synthetic oil, keep pressure in tires around 35 LB, and coast more you should get better mileage.