97 Ls00 Tail Light Light/sensor Is On. How Come?

Hybrid-JD

My taillight sensor light is ON.. but my tail lights all work whilie breaking.. and ALSO...my break pad sensor is ON also... they are BOTH on....i'm just wondering if either one causes either one to come on.. i dont konw if i make any sense but please help if you do =)

i dont konw why the taillight Sensor Light is on?? gosh.. *argh*

Jimmy

I was in your same boat a little while ago, but I didn't have the brake pad light too. I thought all of the lights were good, but I never checked the 3rd brake light, and that was my problem. Just a thought.

:cheers:

An independent Lexus repair shop tried off and on for about two years to find a loose ground on my 90 LS that they thought was causing the dash warning light for the rear lights to come on. My problem turned out to be a loose "scotch lock" connector in the aftermarket trailer light wiring harness which was hidden under trim in the trunk. Or the problem could be a bulb with a loose filament. It doesn't cost all that much to replace all the bulbs and that would also give you a chance to check the ground connections.

I have no experience with the brake pad sensors on my 00 LS yes - my 90 LS did not have them - but I wonder if they work like the ones on the Mercedes cars I've owned and if the sensor plugs into a brake pad at each wheel. If so, you might try removing the wheels and check that the coating on one of the sensors has done worn through to the metal and that that the wires leading to them are not cracked. I know that I did not always replace the sensors when doing a brake job if they appeared to be good - I usually replaced only the ones that caused the dash light to come on.

i dont think these 2 are connected. check ALL the lights when the brake pedal is pressed and then when your parking lights are on. as to the brake pads light well first... check ur brakes and then remove your right front tire and check the wire. it might be just the wire.

• 2 months later...

My brake light malfucnction light came on several days ago. I found the burnt bulb, and replaced it. I tested the light, and it lights up fine. However, my dash indicator light is still on(which drives me crazy).:wacko: I've done a complete check of all the lights by having someone sit in my car and work the brakes, headlights, blinkers, etc. Everything lit up fine, but the dash indicator is still on. Any thoughts??

:cheers:

It sounds like the cable might need to be replaced, soon.

I'd clean the contact points on both the bulbs and connectors first. If you're not successful, depress the brake pedal, and dangle the bulbs and cable. The idea is to force it blow out due to bad connection and going over bumps at high speeds.

Work your way up the cables to connection points(clean) until you reach the fuse and ECU.

It took me a while to find the problem on my SC, but now my Indicator doesn't come on.

Good luck

• 3 months later...
It sounds like the cable might need to be replaced, soon.

I'd clean the contact points on both the bulbs and connectors first.  If you're not successful, depress the brake pedal, and dangle the bulbs and cable.  The idea is to force it blow out due to bad connection and going over bumps at high speeds.

Work your way up the cables to connection points(clean) until you reach the fuse and ECU.

It took me a while to find the problem on my SC, but now my Indicator doesn't come on.

Good luck

I have an LS400 (99) that my right front sidelamp burnt out(water leakage). I replaced the buld and all lights work, except my dash warning keeps coming back on. What's an ECU and where is it? Thanks

keep in mind that the rearlight indicator is not just for the brake lights, but for the tail lights as well. check all of them if all of them are intact then it might me that lil cirquit that is responsible for the light on the dashboard. aslo please tell me if you are using any LED bubls in your rear light since they have different resistance value and the cirquit is judging on the integrity of the bulbs based on the resistantce of all the bulbs.

As to the brake pad light, remove the wheel and check if the cable is ok, i had this problem and turned out that the wire was broken, or it might be that its time to change ur brake pads.