Woodgrain Trim On Door Will Not Stay Glued Down

90LS400Lexus

My 90 LS400's woodgrain trim on the door around the window switches was loose. I super glued it down good about 6 weeks ago, but it has since popped loose again this past week. Is there anything else that anyone can suggest that I glue this thing down with?

This what I used and the trim glued perfectly. It was in the house, I don't know where we bought it from though. You just have to hold it for about 3-4 mintues from each side. Because if you don't, one side sticks but the other side comes out.

post-4-1082508141.jpg

the thing with super glue is that most of the conventional stuff is very thin and will flow away without sticking too much to both sides , and on top of that its really brittle. so use that 3M stuff or like shoe goo or something thats kind of impact absorbant. but alot of these glues smell really bad so you need to give it a good overnighter to dry, and maybe a bit more to completly get the smell away.

Funny, I just did my own over the weekend, the drivers side door trim. I got this tooth paste-like product from Murrays Autoparts and it worked wonderfully.

First I took the assembly out of the door and remove the wood trim form the switch assembly and scraped all the existing glue from back of both. I then used alcohol (the rubbing kind) and clean both surfaces (their suggestion), than paste the glue on both sides lightly and then put it on the switch. They say it should be good and ready in 24 hours -- so far so good, 3 days later.

an easy fix :D