I Need Help, Please!

babygirl.beccajean1

Anyone reading this, thank you so much already- I'm having a crisis!!!!

So a while back I dropped an earring down my center console a/c vent and while trying to get it, I broke the teeth to the vent.

I eventually gave up because there was NO WAY I could physically get it out myself.

Well, tonight I carelessly threw my phone into the console, and my bad luck got the best of me- because the phone fell down into the vent.

I tried tearing out the lining of the console and got it to crack, only to realize it wouldnt work.

I saw a vent, with a hatch that opens and closes and the phone fell down that. i tried getting my hand down there and it wouldn't work.

I'm assuming it fell into the a/c unit and I have no idea if I'll be able to retrieve it, or even if a mechanic could get it.

I appreciate any input, because i have no idea what I'm doing and I know NOTHING about cars. Pleasssssssssssssssssssssssse help me!!!!

Hi Becca and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club!

You've got a problem!! Since you don't know a lot about cars, and your "do-it-your self" attempts have so far been less than succesful, my recomendation is simple. Take your IS to your dealer or, to a good body shop that repairs cars that have been in collisons. The dealer can quickly fix the overall problem and get your phone out. They may even do that for nothing as "Good will". But the repair from them, and the part(s) if they can get them, will be costly. Dealer labor charges are high.

Option B; the body shop people should also be able to quickly retrieve your phone and usualy, their rates are lower than the dealer. As far as replacing the broken part(s), they should be able to order them the same as the Lexus dealer.

Others here may suggest that you tackle trying to take apart the console yourself. If your mechanicaly inclined and have experience with tools feel free to follow there lead. If you just want to get your phone back in a hurry, chose whats behind curtain A, or Curtain B. LOL

Good luck and write back and let us know how things turn out.

Paul