All Windows Up?

Is there a way to close all the windows and the moonroof in one fell swoop (like with the remote or door lock button)?

With the unlock button on the remote.

Got an owners manual?

If not:

Owners Manual PDF collection.

Check out "Entering and Exiting.pdf"

Holding down the unlock button only opens them, it does not close them. I do not know of any way to close them all in one touch no.

Is there a way to close all the windows and the moonroof in one fell swoop (like with the remote or door lock button)?

With the unlock button on the remote.

Got an owners manual?

If not:

Owners Manual PDF collection.

Check out "Entering and Exiting.pdf"

Holding down the unlock button only opens them, it does not close them. I do not know of any way to close them all in one touch no.

You're right!

Sorry... my bad. I had always just assumed that holding it down again would close everything. (I should be reading my OWN manual more closely!)

• 5 weeks later...
The owner should be able to set it up so that s/he can close all the windows/moonroof from the remote! (I think Mercedes lets you do this....)

Maybe that's why MB costs more.

Actually I have found a way that you can do it all in one step but it is terribly inconvienient. You can stick the lazer cut key in the door and hold it in the lock position and all of the windows will close. It is a one step procedure but, will probably take more time than just pressing the buttons on the inside of the car.

Actually I have found a way that you can do it all in one step but it is terribly inconvienient. You can stick the lazer cut key in the door and hold it in the lock position and all of the windows will close. It is a one step procedure but, will probably take more time than just pressing the buttons on the inside of the car.

I actually wouldn't mind that except it requires removing/replacing the trim piece hiding the key slot.

In all my years of driving, I don't think this has ever come up for me as an issue. Heck, I thought the auto up feature for all the windows on the master control switch panel was a major step forward! LOL!!! So can I ask what scenario arises that would require the remote keyfob to auto up the windows? I only ask because I live in Florida. And sometimes I have to park my car in a parking lot under a very intense sun that can really create alot of heat inside the car. I've used the auto down feature once the car was in view to help release all that trapped hot air, so when I got in and started it, it wasn't like climbing into my own convection oven as the ac started. Once the car is started and the ac starts to blow cold air, I close the windows with the master panel as the remote is in my pocket anyway.

• 1 month later...

During warm weather I like to leave the window(s) down or partially cracked. Unfortunately out here in the PNW it likes to rain. Randomly. It would have been nice to be able to roll them all up via FOB without actually going to the car. Normally it isn't too hot out here but we have had 100+ degree days lately.

During warm weather I like to leave the window(s) down or partially cracked. Unfortunately out here in the PNW it likes to rain. Randomly. It would have been nice to be able to roll them all up via FOB without actually going to the car. Normally it isn't too hot out here but we have had 100+ degree days lately.

Your able to see your car all day?

I remember Carol Sue sitting in her rich daddy's Caddy with Keith trying to reach in and grab her back in 19 ought and 57 and Carol Sue kept running up the power windows and almost took poor Keith's arm off. Them things just wasn't safe.

The owners manual for my '09 says you should be able to press and hold the lock button on the door and the window and sunroof are supposed to close - doesn't work. Asked the dealer to look into it, they don't know why it doesn't work.... :angry:

To roll up all your windows up including closing the sunroof. Hold down the small tab on the door knob for about 5 seconds. It works!!...:cheers:

Oh sure...rub it in...doesn't work on mine :(

Umm.....sorry would it help if I mentioned that I have an ES, thought this may have been standard feature across the Lexus line...but apparently not..... :unsure:

Your able to see your car all day?

Through a window. Ironically to actually to get outside requires a 5 minute walk to actually get to it. I will live though :)

To roll up all your windows up including closing the sunroof. Hold down the small tab on the door knob for about 5 seconds. It works!!...:cheers:

Oh sure...rub it in...doesn't work on mine :(

Umm.....sorry would it help if I mentioned that I have an ES, thought this may have been standard feature across the Lexus line...but apparently not..... :unsure:

No worries - I was just joking. :)

The frustrating part is that the owner's manual clearly states this operation, but it doesn't work.... :angry: