09 Navigation Hack

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know the hack to use the navigation while in motion for the 09 IS250?

So wait.... the navigation does not continuously navigate for you like other cars? I am picking my lexus up on monday and it has nav, but might be disappointed if it does not work.

and about this hack.... do you have to enter it everytime you wanna use or just once originally?

Does anyone know the hack to use the navigation while in motion for the 09 IS250?

Yes, Your in luck, I have the part, There is a jdm adaptor which is plug in and play with no wire cutting. Or there is a way to cut the speed sensor wire and install a switch which is kind of tricky. Almost better to buy the adaptor. I have one in stock if you want to buy one. It works with the is250 with mark levinson system 6 disc dvd cd changer. I have the mark levinson head unit in stock also if you presently do not have the mark levinson stereo.

sorry there isnt one . It was only available upto 2008

Just to be clear the over-ride is not available in 2008 models either. :(

I just emailed Lexus to complain. Don't know why they can't at least tie it into the air bar sensor so at least passengers can use it.

sorry there isnt one . It was only available upto 2008

Just to be clear the over-ride is not available in 2008 models either. :(

I just emailed Lexus to complain. Don't know why they can't at least tie it into the air bar sensor so at least passengers can use it.

My post above also applies to your 08, I only have 1 unit. B)

Yes, Your in luck, I have the part, There is a jdm adaptor which is plug in and play with no wire cutting. Or there is a way to cut the speed sensor wire and install a switch which is kind of tricky. Almost better to buy the adaptor. I have one in stock if you want to buy one. It works with the is250 with mark levinson system 6 disc dvd cd changer. I have the mark levinson head unit in stock also if you presently do not have the mark levinson stereo.

hello, how much is the jdm adapter, and the mark levinson system. thanks

What's your email ?

What's your email ?

So wait.... the navigation does not continuously navigate for you like other cars? I am picking my lexus up on monday and it has nav, but might be disappointed if it does not work.

and about this hack.... do you have to enter it everytime you wanna use or just once originally?

Just to clarify, the NAV continuously works but the touchscreen locks you while in motion requiring you to pre-enter or use the voice command to input.

The lockout also will not allow you to select a phone to sync with while in motion. I emailed Lexus to complain also. My issue is that they should tie the lockout with the air bag sensor so that it will at least will allow a passenger to use while in motion.

where can i get a jdm adaptor for my nav hack? i got a 2008 is250
nobody knows?

I guess everyone thinks maybe you should just read the thread you posted this question in and get the answer yourself.

nobody knows?

I guess everyone thinks maybe you should just read the thread you posted this question in and get the answer yourself.

thank you...wow what a supermoderator.

I am sold out and won't get anymore. You can check this out...search" Lexus tv-navi "on ebay and it will come up. $245.00 with shipping. Last I saw. Good Luck guys/Gals :cheers:

nobody knows?

We are here to help.

I love people that get all demanding looking for answers LOL. We'll return your membership fee. Oh yeah...its FREE.

Demanding? WTF? are we reading the same thread?...lol

This post came off as rather sarcastic whether intended or not.

nobody knows?