Slight Accident With The Rx300 =/

cduluk

We didn't tell the insurance it was necessarily a car, we just told them that my mom came out of the store and it was like that. Who cares how it happened, that's why we have insurance- so when mistakes happen, they fix them and we pay a small deductible. We sure as hell pay enough each year...

The only advantage of having insurance is using them when damage is caused. May as well use it. Who cares what hit the car.

People like you and your parents are why we all have to pay so much. You think I am rude? That is funny. You have a lot of growing up to do. By the way your rates should be high. Look to what you have told us 3 tickets, 2 at fault accidents. And you are complaining, you shouldn't even be driving. I bet you don't even pay for your car or insurance. And that is why you could care less. One day mommy is not going to be there. And sorry the truth seems rude.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't tell the insurance it was necessarily a car, we just told them that my mom came out of the store and it was like that. Who cares how it happened, that's why we have insurance- so when mistakes happen, they fix them and we pay a small deductible. We sure as hell pay enough each year...

The only advantage of having insurance is using them when damage is caused. May as well use it. Who cares what hit the car.

People like you and your parents are why we all have to pay so much. You think I am rude? That is funny. You have a lot of growing up to do. By the way your rates should be high. Look to what you have told us 3 tickets, 2 at fault accidents. And you are complaining, you shouldn't even be driving. I bet you don't even pay for your car or insurance. And that is why you could care less. One day mommy is not going to be there. And sorry the truth seems rude.

If you think that was rude, wait until your insurance company stumbles upon this thread with you blabbing all over the internet, with pictures, about not only your accident but your family's plan to commit insurance fraud. Then you'll discover what rude is all about. Rude awakening. It was dumb to post it originally, and even dumber to keep going after being warned. And to top it off, even after you realized someone here was an insurance professional (possibly affiliated with the same company you're trying to defraud), you STILL kept mouthing off. You shouldn't be operating a motor vehicle, and it may just work out that way.

No, i don't pay for my own car, nor my insurance.

That was obvious.

The car was payed for in cash $36,000 as a CPO in 2005, obviously i didn't have that kind of money at 16yrs of age. I am a full-time engineering student and intern over the summer, i don't have time for a meaningless job to pay for petty things. I'm not a mooch, i work hard.

Petty things. So why are you so worried about coming up with a few grand to fix a car if it is chump change, and I am pretty sure you don't have a clue what work is.

A Lexus to my parents is like a Corolla to everyone else. My family isn't struggling, they do what they can to give us the best.

You people are just like everyone else, just pick on the kid who seems to have it all. You don't know my life and everything else i have to go through.

Can read you like a book. Called the tickets right...called the insurance and the car right. You are a know it all. Why did you ask for opinions anyway?

My parents did what they thought was best so that i wouldn't get in deeper trouble. If this was pinned on me, further points on my license could have resulted in me getting dropped from insurance, and who knows if i could have gotten another company.

Insurance fraud is what your parents thought was best...so you wouldn't get in trouble. You should be dropped by their insurance, and since they are so well off they should have no problem paying the higher premiums. Like you said a Lexus is like a corolla to them.

I've had 3 tickets and one accident since i have been driving. I drive 70 miles a day to get to school, all the way from RI to Boston everyday in the summer, these things happen. I'm not a criminal, never been arrested, don't drink, don't do drugs- i'm a good kid.

3 tickets and now 2 accidents! Glad you are not on drugs...and you are in school. When you get a job and start paying for you own stuff you might get a little pis sed that you have to pay for people like you!

I don't like breaking the law, my parents don't like breaking the law- they just did what they thought was best considering the situation. Please stop making statements that imply my family are criminals- there are far worse things.

So you justify insurance fraud by saying there are far worse things...OK! You remember that when some one hits your car and leaves, or steals your car. Hey there are far worse things. The fact is that insurance fraud is a crime. Even if you think it is no big deal we all have to pay more money every year because of people just like you. But how on earth could you understand...you don't even know what it is like to have to pay bills yet. As I said you have a lot of growing up to do. You parents are setting a poor example and should be ashamed of themselves.

And no one is picking on you about having a nice car or because you have nice things... you need to grow up...and your parents need to re think their decision about this. It may come back to bite them!

Theres no need to delete or close this thread. EVERYONE is entitled to their point of view. cduluk, I know you came here looking for some advice on how to fix your RX, If you didn't want any other advice, then you should not have included all the rest of the information you posted. Just because the answers your getting aren't the ones you like, doesn't mean they aren't valid. Honesty goes along way. There are alot of very good people here who are trying to help you. It's unfortunate that you don't see it that way.

Lots of people "bend" the rules when it comes to insurance and teen drivers because the rates are so high. Even LEXIRX330 initially advised not to report the accident because of the impact on rates (although knew policy probably required it be at least reported--I'm not criticizing LEXI here, just pointing out what everyone often does in these situations). But affirmative actions in furtherance of insurance fraud are not supported. And again, posting all the facts and pictures is about the dumbest thing anyone could do. You might want to read up on insurance fraud, and while you're at it, grow a pair. If you want to really get a good night sleep tonight, don't do a google search on:

2004 rx300 ri accident

(hint: guess who's #1)

Lots of people "bend" the rules when it comes to insurance and teen drivers because the rates are so high. Even LEXIRX330 initially advised not to report the accident because of the impact on rates (although knew policy probably required it be at least reported--I'm not criticizing LEXI here, just pointing out what everyone often does in these situations). But affirmative actions in furtherance of insurance fraud are not supported. And again, posting all the facts and pictures is about the dumbest thing anyone could do. You might want to read up on insurance fraud, and while you're at it, grow a pair. If you want to really get a good night sleep tonight, don't do a google search on:

2004 rx300 ri accident

(hint: guess who's #1)

Another site which might interest you:

http://www.insurancefraud.com/

Starting to get the point?

BTW, do your parents a favor and show them what you have been up to online.

I advise my clients that if the only damage that is done is to their own car they may not want to file the claim. Insurance companies want all accidents reported. Where you can get in trouble is when the nice person allows you to pay out of pocket. It normally doesn't work out well.

Funny he wants the thread closed or deleted. He just needs to wise up. And no it is not the same thing an at fault accident and a hit and run. You would be surcharged or dropped for a at fault you wouldnt for a not at fault. In most cases your out of pocket cost would be different as well. So therefore its not the same for the insurance company or the other policyholders. I still can't believe that your insurance company did not require a police report for this. Almost all the companies that I use would. If they have you better rethink this. By the way if you want this post to stop, stop posting.

You know? This was a really interesting thread from both an ethics and finance standpoint...considering different options based on right and wrong and cost now vs. cost later. There were informed posts by guys with body shop experience and from someone who sounds like an insurance underwriter and there was good info here.

But all of a sudden, this thread has managed to make me sad for the future of our society. How do kids today learn integrity, honor and honesty? From parents who have ample resources yet commit fraud to resolve a relatively minor accident? What kind of lesson is that?

I am not trying to be overly dramatic, but just reading the replies from this privileged and narcissistic young man really does bring the suck.

Now I am not sure if I should continue my meaningless job while I finish up my MBA... :unsure:

You're calling me narcissistic now?? :huh: I am nothing of the kind how dare you... I'm a nice person, where is this coming from?

Honestly you people are horrible... :(

You're calling me narcissistic now?? :huh: I am nothing of the kind how dare you... I'm a nice person, where is this coming from?

Nice people don't commit insurance fraud- PERIOD. Get the picture? Who's horrible? People like you (and your parents) cause me great concern for the future of this country (and the world)!

We are horrible? You came here for advice I am an insurance agent I write for many companies. I tried to tell you what you were doing was a bad idea. I don't think you understand that when people like you, and your parents file false claims like this we all end up paying for it. People are always mad at insurance companies but who they should be mad at is people just like you. You know it is not right. You think that it is funny so what type of person are you. Oh I know a nice person.:cries: man grow up.

And just to let you know you may think that is no big deal but as I have said I hope you or your mom didn't file a false police report. You do what you want we have tried to help you. Your parents should read this too.

Nice people don't commit insurance fraud- PERIOD. Get the picture? Who's horrible? People like you (and your parents) cause me great concern for the future of this country (and the world)!

Or if/when they do commit insurance fraud, they don't do it from a sense of entitlement. They display a certain amount of shame and recognition that what they are doing is wrong but proceed anyway after a personal balancing. Not necessarily a justification or rationalization, but at least an ethical deliberation. This guy never even paused. Just like all the the studies/surveys showing that kids today cheat on tests and think it's OK.

It's very possible that the parents aren't quite as bad as we've painted them (although with an affirmative lie to an insurance company, it's hard to say that). But without question they've raised a spoiled brat who feels entitled to drive a luxury car, not work, have absolutely no responsibility for his own actions, and is either too clueless or doesn't really care about his family's illegal and unethical actions, as long as it gets his car fixed.

We are horrible? You came here for advice I am an insurance agent I write for many companies. I tried to tell you what you were doing was a bad idea. I don't think you understand that when people like you, and your parents file false claims like this we all end up paying for it. People are always mad at insurance companies but who they should be mad at is people just like you. You know it is not right. You think that it is funny so what type of person are you. Oh I know a nice person.:cries: man grow up.

And just to let you know you may think that is no big deal but as I have said I hope you or your mom didn't file a false police report. You do what you want we have tried to help you. Your parents should read this too.

His parents definitely should read this, but I doubt it will happen. I also doubt he'll even tell them he's posted any of this stuff here, even though it puts their necks in the wringer, since it might impact his getting his car fixed.

The car was payed for in cash $36,000 as a CPO in 2005, obviously i didn't have that kind of money at 16yrs of age. I am a full-time engineering student and intern over the summer, i don't have time for a meaningless job to pay for petty things. I'm not a mooch, i work hard.

Work too hard to have a job? Who paid for all your mods? Was it your time or someone else's?

Your website:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3090724

Frankly, I would not respond had you not asked; "where is this coming from?"

I sense that for some reason our reaction to you in this post truly surprises you.

Narcissistic...self absorbed...above all the little people who have to follow the rules so that you can take advantage.

I do not know you, but based on your posts in this thread alone, that is the impression that is delivered.

That is how I dare.

If this thread does only one other thing besides trigger your own sense of self-preservation (as evidenced by the scramble to delete the thread), I would love to see you do a little self-seeking.

Nice people do not break laws.

Nice people do not commit fraud.

Nice people do not act like a spoiled brat entitled to everything mommy and daddy has to offer.

I think that your own inflated self-image is interfering with your ability to see the truth of the matter. You may be nice to people within your own monkey-sphere, but you act like an anti-social child toward general society.

It may be time for you to re-evaluate "nice" to include the society in which you interact. I am not trying to be mean or horrible, but the message IS indeed honest and unpleasant...you are NOT a nice guy. Not as evidenced by this thread at any rate.

Edit: Giving credit where it is due, I checked out your mods on your cardomain site and they are very nicely done. You certainly have skills integrating them into the RX with a factory look.

The deer-slayer pushbar doesn't do it for me, but that is only my taste. If you like it, bravo!

I am not a "spoiled brat" as you think. I appreciate everything i have and everything that my parents have done for me. I do not feel entitled or as if i deserve anything, i am appreciative. My parents are the smartest and nicest people i have EVER met and i love them with all of my heart, and they love me the same.

I am in the engineering program at the university of Rhode Island, which is an incredibly hard program-at least to me. I have "talents" to build things, it's what i love to do. My father's always been a "do-it-yourself-er" and i guess the genes are in me as well.

I work hard, i don't slack off. I go to class 8am to 3pm everyday and i spend the rest of the day mostly doing homework, spending my little alone time on forums learning new things. I don't have much of a social life, i don't party, i don't do illegal drugs, i am a good kid. I get excellent grades, i stay out of trouble, i feel i do my part.

My parents have never been in trouble with the law and neither have, i besides a few tickets and that minor accident. When you drive 3 hours a day it's expected to get a ticket and a fender-bender every once and a while. My tickets were 10 over, 10 over and a stop sign violation. My accident was backing up at night in a parking lot, didn't see the person behind me because she was so close. Nothing big! And you really can't feel your speed in this car, sometimes i just loose track of my speed.

My parent's didn't want to lie, but they thought it was the best decision to help ME. They weren't thinking about money, they were thinking about me getting more points on my license, which could result in me losing my license which i NEED to get to class everyday. Also if i were to be dropped it would be very hard for me to get a new policy.

My parents do whatever they think is best for me. They'll do anything to protect me and for that i am even more appreciative. I respect their decisions and i don't doubt them. I know what they did wasn't totally right, but if i had a child in the same situation, i would have done the same.

I am sorry if the actions of me and my family offend you, but please don't make hurtful judgments. That's all i ask.

Actually , you seem like a good kid overall. At least to me. I think some of the folks here on the forum came down a bit hard on you but if you look back and detach yourself from the emotions you'll probably see you've learned quite a bit from the exchange.

Which came first? The inflated insurance prices or the insurance fraud?

This has been a good lesson in life for all. Insurance companies also participate in the insurance fraud. I tried to get my insurance co to go after a glass company that was going to over charge the insurance on a windshield and then give me my deductible back. They said they didn't even care that is just how it is. I paid for it my self and never went back to that glass company.

Jeff

My parent's didn't want to lie, but they thought it was the best decision to help ME. They weren't thinking about money, they were thinking about me getting more points on my license, which could result in me losing my license which i NEED to get to class everyday. Also if i were to be dropped it would be very hard for me to get a new policy.

My parents do whatever they think is best for me. They'll do anything to protect me and for that i am even more appreciative. I respect their decisions and i don't doubt them. I know what they did wasn't totally right, but if i had a child in the same situation, i would have done the same.

I am sorry if the actions of me and my family offend you, but please don't make hurtful judgments. That's all i ask.

If they weren't thinking about the money, but wanted to help you, they quietly should have had it fixed without filing a false insurance claim. That's the major ethical and legal problem.

Many here have, I'm sure, been in the same situation as a young driver and/or as a parent of one. I would bet that if any ever stepped over any lines, they did it discreetly. In the internet age, what you did here was a very bad idea. You have potentially put your parents in legal jeopardy if they follow through with their claim. Everyone who stumbled upon the thread knows what happened, your attitudes, your affluence, who you are, what you look like, what your car looks like, where you go to school, your license plate, etc.. For their sake, make sure they know everything you have done.

You said "I know what they did wasn't totally right, but if i had a child in the same situation, I would have done the same." That bothers many.