Slight Accident With The Rx300 =/

cduluk

I am sorry if the actions of me and my family offend you, but please don't make hurtful judgments. That's all i ask.

I do not think I am wasting my breath here, so again I bother to reply...

Brother man, I hear what you are saying. I know you are young and that your personality is under development.

There IS a lesson in all of this as there is in most things unpleasent. As you grow to be a man and as a responsible member of society, it is your JOB to make judgments on a daily basis. You are a bright guy and it is obvious. You have also been taught that you are not supposed to judge others. This is simply not true. As a man you must make judgments on a daily basis. You must judge situations, people and circumstances based on your own experiences, and if you are wise, the experiences of others. As you gain wisdom, you will realize that you should not judge simply based on things like race, s*x or stereotype...that is what they mean when they say you should not judge.

On the other hand, you must be able to correctly judge the nature of things that you encounter. For example: the snarling rottweiler running at my daughter is a THREAT...it is not dogism or breedism or snarlingism or just being a hater of dogs. If someone walks up to you wearing a swastica tattooed on his forearm, you need to make a judgment about that person, judge their intentions and consider any risks associated to you and yours.

In your case, you seem to think that we should not judge a family that will support its own members to the point that they will lie and break laws. Our "hurtful judgments" are based on the reality of the situation as you presented it. Where exactly does your family draw the line? Obviously insurance fraud is ok. False police report? Would they cover it up if you had accidently run over my little girl instead of hitting a hydrant? I suspect so. Again, your Monkey-sphere is not more important than mine, and your family acting like the Kennedy family is pathetic and sad. Just once, I would love to hear the story of a family who says "we love our son, but he must face and resolve this situation he has gotten himself into."

I tell you this now; there is a huge difference between providing financial support to a family member and lying and commiting fraud to support them. One shows loving concern for your family, the other shows you are anti-social and believe your people are above the rules and the law and are willing to do anything to anyone to further your own family.

It is possible that your mom hasn't thought about what she has done and if she did, maybe she would realize that the right thing to do is to pull out the fat wallet and fix little junior's mistake. If she is doing this with full knowledge of what she is doing and the fraud she is commiting, then I stand by the hurtful judgment that your family sucks.

You freaking people do not get to do whatever you want despite the law and then expect to hold me to a standard where I can't judge you. That, my friend, is the "entitled" attitude we are talking about. If you act like a thief, I will judge you as such. If you dont like the judgment, change your activities.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Points on your license and having them suspend my license cannot be fixed by my mom taking out her "fat wallet" and paying it off.

A "fat wallet" can prevent any claim from being filed at all. While technically probably still a "reportable" accident, failure to report is in a completely different league than affirmative act of filing a false claim. Especially if dealing with a local agent, may still be able to "dial it back" by dropping the claim for compensation (LEXI earlier said that often advises clients not to file claims).

Here's another element to the "lesson". If you want a post to die, stop replying to it. LET IT GO.

That is what I said about 15 post ago! :D :lol:

Points on your license and having them suspend my license cannot be fixed by my mom taking out her "fat wallet" and paying it off.

But seriously the fact that he wants to justify the actions that he and his family have taken is what is sad.

cduluk the fact is that you got yourself into this mess, and your parents getting you out of it teaches you nothing. I saw that you have speed covers on you license plate. So the 3 speeding tickets have not slowed you down. Now you cry that you if your report the claim you may get dropped and mommy's fat wallet can't take care of that. I told you in the beginning not to report the claim if there was no damage other than to your car. Here is a news flash! When you file a not at fault claim...insurance companies many times will pull driving records. Laws prohibit companies in most states from charging more for a not at fault accident. So I hope whatever company you are with pulls your MVR and then your parents will have to drop you or get high risk insurance. It shouldn't bother them as you say "a Lexus is like a corolla to my family" If you lose your drivers license and or get dropped by your parents insurance...and they make you get a J O B, start paying for your own insurance...I bet your attitude would change. You are 19 you have been driving about 3 years...you have 3 tickets and have had 2 accidents that we know of. You seem to act like it is no big deal. "they only were 10 over" Your driving record sucks! Many states would have made you take a driver improvement course, and or suspended you driver license. Again I tell you to grow up!

Just this week there was a bad car accident that claimed the lives of 2 young kids and injured 2 more around here. Why because of speeding. Here read about it http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=9531739 it happens every day. I have a family right now that is being sued because of their "good kid" was in a accident and the policy limits have been exhausted. I am not saying that I am perfect and that I have never done anything wrong, but stop trying to make your self feel better by trying to justify what you are doing. Then deleting your previous post to try and make it look like we are picking on you. There is nothing funny about what you or your parents are doing...but you seem to think that it is.

Looking at your post on you car it looks great. You have spent a lot of time, and someone's money fixing it up. Keep your grades up and when you have a family think how would you want your son to act. Would you encourage his bad driving habits by paying for and allowing him to have a in dash radar detector, speed lenses plate covers? I do not blame you half as much as I blame them. They keep taking care of things for you and you see it as no problem...you are 19 a legal adult. Grow up!

Just wanted to update you guys, in case anyone cared...

The insurance company called and left a message on our machine, stating the appraiser went to see the car at the shop. He and the body shop guy agreed upon a price of $5,1xx to fix it. (don't remember the last two digits...).

My mother called back and asked outright if our rates would increase and the lady sated they wouldn't. She said it doesn't go by incidents on the total policy but that of each individual driver. Since my mother hasn't had a ticket in the past 10 years and hasn't filed a claim before, the insurance "lets the first one go". My parent's are also very friendly with someone who works for the ins company so i'm sure that will help us out as well.

I called the body shop and they told me the parts from Lexus came in and they were working on my car. They stated it should be finished before Tuesday but it could take longer...

So i'll update with pictures when the car's complete.

Thanks again guys for all of your advice/opinions on the matter, this has been a lesson!

Thanks for the update but I think you may be missing something. You've deleted all your original posts but they live on in the quotes sections of other posters. I'm not trying to be your conscience here but have you told your mother that you've posted this whole story on a public forum? Not that I think you deserve a spanking or anything :-) but rather does she know that there are dozens (maybe hundreds) of people who are aware of your plan? I'm certainly not going to interfere with you in any way but the point is you have no idea who is on or who monitors this forum and you're letting your Mother take a helluva risk just so save a few bucks. Just my opinion...

The insurance company called and left a message on our machine, stating the appraiser went to see the car at the shop. He and the body shop guy agreed upon a price of $5,1xx to fix it. (don't remember the last two digits...).

My mother called back and asked outright if our rates would increase and the lady sated they wouldn't. She said it doesn't go by incidents on the total policy but that of each individual driver. Since my mother hasn't had a ticket in the past 10 years and hasn't filed a claim before, the insurance "lets the first one go". My parent's are also very friendly with someone who works for the ins company so i'm sure that will help us out as well.

I called the body shop and they told me the parts from Lexus came in and they were working on my car. They stated it should be finished before Tuesday but it could take longer...

Thanks again guys for all of your advice/opinions on the matter, this has been a lesson!

Why are you posting this? You have chronicled how you had an accident, that rather than fix and pay for it yourself or report it to your insurance as your own accident, that your mother filed a fraudulent insurance claim. You even state what you're trying to do in your post (put the at fault accident on another driver). And with an amount now over $5000, that could kick it in to a higher degree of felony. And anyone googling your name will find this thread (not to mention that it will be found when you have a subsequent accident, and then you are toast). You also had better hope that no one at your school discovers this, or that no one wants to get to you or your family for anything. Have you even bothered to tell them that you have told the entire internet about the crime? Do you really think insurance companies cut large checks without doing a 15 minute internet search? Do you enjoy going through life looking over your shoulder? Ever heard of karma?Someone really should print this thread and send it to your parents (your address is online too).

Thanks for the update but I think you may be missing something. You've deleted all your original posts but they live on in the quotes sections of other posters. I'm not trying to be your conscience here but have you told your mother that you've posted this whole story on a public forum? Not that I think you deserve a spanking or anything :-) but rather does she know that there are dozens (maybe hundreds) of people who are aware of your plan? I'm certainly not going to interfere with you in any way but the point is you have no idea who is on or who monitors this forum and you're letting your Mother take a helluva risk just so save a few bucks. Just my opinion...

Not only that, but his original posts are already "cached" in google (and other search engines) so can't be deleted. It's a fun read. My wife is a teacher and is having students read and discuss it re: individual responsibility, helicopter parents, the power of the internet, and how shame is somehow missing in today's teens. As a group, we come off pretty well. Maybe it will become a verb--to "duluk" something, or to be "duluked."

My wife is a teacher and is having students read and discuss it re: individual responsibility, helicopter parents, the power of the internet, and how shame is somehow missing in today's teens...

Your wife is awesome...please tell her to keep up the good work!

It seems that today you only hear of teachers that tell poor lil kids that their daddy will be at war for 100 years because they serve the country or vote McCain :censored:

why does he have to pay out of his own pocket? isn't it the purpose of buying full coverage insurance is to cover everything? doesn't matter who drives it, as long the car is insured. yes he made a mistake allowing his mother to take the blame, and yes that's wrong and I belive he learned a lesson. But his not like many other pplz made claim from nothing, like scracth their own car and jack their own car...etc Give him a break! and also to everyone who've posted a lecture to him, I hope you never done anything wrong in your life, and did everything by the BOOK! or else you have no rights to judge his family. If your mother might lose her license over this would you have done the same for her?

why does he have to pay out of his own pocket? isn't it the purpose of buying full coverage insurance is to cover everything? doesn't matter who drives it, as long the car is insured. yes he made a mistake allowing his mother to take the blame, and yes that's wrong and I belive he learned a lesson. But his not like many other pplz made claim from nothing, like scracth their own car and jack their own car...etc Give him a break! and also to everyone who've posted a lecture to him, I hope you never done anything wrong in your life, and did everything by the BOOK! or else you have no rights to judge his family. If your mother might lose her license over this would you have done the same for her?

dimsumboy, You are a shining example of why this world is in the mess that it is- people always rationalizing why what they have done isn't as bad as the next guy or why it isn't wrong at all. The truth is the truth and isn't dependent upon whether you or anyone for that matter believes it! And the truth is what they (as a family colluded to do) was wrong, is wrong and forever will be wrong. And no amount of rationalization to justify it will ever change that! What exactly did he learn? That it was OK to commit insurance fraud as long as you don't get caught? That the rest of us who DONT commit insurance fraud are the suckers because we have to share in the cost of something that we didn't do? (and we do!) With "a pocket full of money" we now know what the value of his mothers soul is because she sold it for $5000.

why does he have to pay out of his own pocket? isn't it the purpose of buying full coverage insurance is to cover everything? doesn't matter who drives it, as long the car is insured.

The disease has spread to the other coast and, ironically, that same amorality could present complications for OP here. Of course it matters what happened to whom. Others have said so, and he acknowledged that himself:

"My mother called back and asked outright if our rates would increase and the lady sated they wouldn't. She said it doesn't go by incidents on the total policy but that of each individual driver. Since my mother hasn't had a ticket in the past 10 years and hasn't filed a claim before, the insurance "lets the first one go".

Thanks to her son, when she eventually gets caught she no longer will be able to say that she didn't realize it made any difference who had the accident. She can't say it was a little white lie to save OP the points. He has chronicled to the internet that she knows that it makes a difference in rates. A money based decision. And this has nothing to do with people here being perfect. It has to do with being smart. It was suggested that they go ahead and quietly have it fixed privately and not file a claim. Idea rejected, even though "a lexus is like a corolla" to them. And filing a false claim is one thing. Filing a false claim, rationalizing it, and telling the entire internet universe about it, is quite another. It's well into the realm of stupidity. And I'd be willing to bet dimes to donuts that his parents don't have a clue that he's blabbed to the world at large what his parents are doing. Lots of stuff like this goes on behind closed doors, but smart, affluent people don't hang their tattered underwear in the front yard. He cares more about himself and getting his car fixed than about what could happen to his parents. I suspect he may have some issues along these lines which might give him a defense if only he were involved. His parents don't have the same luxury, and are being hung out to dry by the kid they've tried so hard to protect.

Give him a break! and also to everyone who've posted a lecture to him, I hope you never done anything wrong in your life, and did everything by the BOOK! or else you have no rights to judge his family. If your mother might lose her license over this would you have done the same for her?

Come on Troll...are you the self-proclaimed Guardian of the Idiots?

Your premise is wrong, hence the argument is invalid. If the man's family acts like the Sopranos, I don't have to lead a squeaky-clean life to recognize it, point it out and judge it to be wrong. We have every right to judge his family based on their activities. Matter of fact, we can judge based on nothing whatsoever in this country. Remember, we did not show up on his doorstep and sleuth this out...Captain Genius came here and posted it for all to see and asked our opinion on his illegal activities. I don't care how he justifies the situation, the facts are: he crashed his junk, he wants it fixed, he cried to mommy, and mommy will break the law and lie to protect her little sweetums. Nauseating.

You may want to check your own motivations, Dim Sum...most of us have faced situations like this in their lives. I think the point, as someone pointed out earlier, is that when someone goes about doing something a little shady or grey-area or is justifying their own behavior while they break the law, they usually acknowledge it as such internally and feel a little shame and guilt and certainly keep it on the down-low. This guy seems proud as a peacock that his family is willing to commit fraud so that his car can have straight body panels. Straight body panels! How petty is that? Why not just go pistol-whip some old ladies to get the money to fix the car? After all, Junior needs straight body panels!

And to answer your question, no, I would not commit insurance fraud so that my mother could fix her car...I would also not ask her to do that for me. In fact, when Granny started to lose it and was crashing into everything in town, we made the hard decision of calling the DMV and had her license revoked. It was the right thing to do because she was a menace on the roads.

One last thought: a person's character can often be determined by examining what they do when they do not have to. For instance, in that book/movie Alive, where the soccer team crashed in the Andes and had to eat the bodies of their teammates to survive...you know the one? Well, that is a pretty bad story and must have been a tuff set of decisions for those people to make, right? Well, what if the team had decided to start scarfing their teammates immediately after the crash when there were still ham sandwiches available from the galley? That is a whole lot different, right?

Do you see the point? Sometimes bad behavior can be justified when people are in desperate times or circumstances. When people act all lawless when they have plenty of money and resources, those people suck.

"You are a shining example of why this world is in the mess that it is- "

If I am the shining example of the world, it would be in a much better place and alot of happy parents.

"Thanks to her son, when she eventually gets caught she no longer will be able to say that she didn't realize it made any difference who had the accident."

"His parents don't have the same luxury, and are being hung out to dry by the kid they've tried so hard to protect."

I am sure his parent aware of the consequences.

"Come on Troll...are you the self-proclaimed Guardian of the Idiots?"

I hate Idiots, but I understand this situation.

"Matter of fact, we can judge based on nothing whatsoever in this country"

lol...

I knew I'm gonna get flame for this, but just like everyone here. I got the URGE TO SAY SOMETHING haha! if yall feel SOoooo offended by this, report to the insurance then, "DO THE RIGHT THING" RIGHT?

I am sure his parent aware of the consequences.

They're aware of the consequences of filing a fraudulent claim, but smart parents wouldn't have proceeded on that course of action had they known he posted everything here. The risk is way too great.

Insurance will vary state by state...but most companies will pull driving records and clue reports when there is a not at fault accident filed. So the rate may not go up because your mom filed the claim...it should not anyway..."not at fault claim" since you lied about it. You know it is very easy to forward all of this to your state's insurance department. http://www.dbr.state.ri.us/divisions/insurance/consumers.php or someone could just call...

Fraud Reporting: To report suspected automobile insurance fraud,

please contact the RI Auto Theft and Fraud Unit at 401-444-1035.

If anyone in RI is sick of their rates going up report him...he and his parents seems to think you should pay for his accident.

"been a lesson" why not tell us what kind of lesson?

why does he have to pay out of his own pocket? isn't it the purpose of buying full coverage insurance is to cover everything? doesn't matter who drives it, as long the car is insured. yes he made a mistake allowing his mother to take the blame, and yes that's wrong and I believe he learned a lesson. But his not like many other pplz made claim from nothing, like scracth their own car and jack their own car...etc Give him a break! and also to everyone who've posted a lecture to him, I hope you never done anything wrong in your life, and did everything by the BOOK! or else you have no rights to judge his family. If your mother might lose her license over this would you have done the same for her?

Yes the purpose of full coverage is to cover everything. No one said it would not be covered. He is not using his "full coverage" he is using his under/uninsured motorist part of his policy. I had advised him originally not to report the claim since no one was hurt and the only damage that was done was to his car and he would be surcharged for it. Since his mom is reporting it like "OH my I just went in the store and I came out and my car was hit" It is not the "full coverage" part of his policy comprehensive or collision it is uninsured motorist, hit and run. The part we all have to have because of inconsiderate jerks! The fact is he is not going to be surcharged for this...this is wrong since the claim is being paid by the insurance company and he more than likely has a lower deductible. So the next the next time your insurance increases and you did not have any tickets or accidents remember that you want to give him a "break" because you just did you are paying for his claim. By the way he did do this to his own car...remember drove into a fire hydrant. He shouldn't have a drivers license...3 tickets and 2 at fault accidents that we know of...in what maybe 3 years of driving. This kid is not responsible for any of his own actions at all...he wants to justify everything by saying he is a "good kid" if he was my kid he would be walking! Lecture...I wish some of your parents would have given you a lecture on morals, or ethics or maybe just made you earn a dollar.

:chairshot:

Lecture...I wish some of your parents would have given you a lecture on morals, or ethics or maybe just made you earn a dollar

Being a chinese immigrant myself from 1990 <just missed the big quake lol>, I was working since 15 with my school permit cause i wanted alot of things but my parent can't afford <nikes, clothes, pagers, CDs>, bought my first car for 2k <1982 VW jetta> at 1993. Did all the repair with my dad, taking trips to junk yards for parts. Now 14 yrs later I bought my parent 02 rx300 at 2003, myself a 06 GS350 <used> and a 97 pathfinder for commute, and a proud 50/50 partner in a litigation imaging company. So spare me from your statement. Thank you!

why does he have to pay out of his own pocket? isn't it the purpose of buying full coverage insurance is to cover everything? doesn't matter who drives it, as long the car is insured.
Lecture...I wish some of your parents would have given you a lecture on morals, or ethics or maybe just made you earn a dollar

Being a chinese immigrant myself from 1990 <just missed the big quake lol>, I was working since 15 with my school permit cause i wanted alot of things but my parent can't afford <nikes, clothes, pagers, CDs>, bought my first car for 2k <1982 VW jetta> at 1993. Did all the repair with my dad, taking trips to junk yards for parts. Now 14 yrs later I bought my parent 02 rx300 at 2003, myself a 06 GS350 <used> and a 97 pathfinder for commute, and a proud 50/50 partner in a litigation imaging company. So spare me from your statement. Thank you!

So you think insurance fraud is OK? I guess you don't mind paying more for insurance because people are turning in claims like this. You obviously don't read all of the post, and you must not understand the way insurance works. I tried to explain it in the other post. I would think that you being such a hard worker and a business co owner should understand what full coverage covers from what I posted if you had read it. You must have learned the value of hard work and what it means to earn a dollar so why do you want to chime in and defend this kid...who only cares about getting his car fixed...that doesn't have time to work to pay for "petty things" like a Lexus. So spare me from your B S, and read what you can from his deleted post!

well if you ALSO had read my post, I did said "It's wrong and I belive he learned a lesson". Not really defending him just want you guys to give him break as he seen enough lectures from this post. As for understanding how insurance work, i do know a thing or two. My very long time friends from high school partner together and open 3 body shops in SF and oakland CA called "Franklin Autobody over 8 yrs ago and belive me I hung out there long enough and talked to enough adjusters thats running in and out everyday.

hey if you wanna get some bodywork done or talk to few adjuster about how insurance work, stop by lol

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...=11&iwloc=A

well if you ALSO had read my post, I did said "It's wrong and I belive he learned a lesson". Not really defending him just want you guys to give him break as he seen enough lectures from this post. As for understanding how insurance work, i do know a thing or two. My very long time friends from high school partner together and open 3 body shops in SF and oakland CA called "Franklin Autobody over 8 yrs ago and belive me I hung out there long enough and talked to enough adjusters thats running in and out everyday.

hey if you wanna get some bodywork done or talk to few adjuster about how insurance work, stop by lol

Dimsboy...what lesson has he learned? If you knew the way insurance worked why did you say "why does he have to pay out of his own pocket? isn't it the purpose of buying full coverage insurance is to cover everything? doesn't matter who drives it, as long the car is insured."

I am glad you know some adjusters, and a owner of a body shop! Here is my virtual pat on the back! :D :lol: :D Maybe you should ask some of the adjusters about these types of claims...

Dimsboy...what lesson has he learned? If you knew the way insurance worked why did you say "why does he have to pay out of his own pocket? isn't it the purpose of buying full coverage insurance is to cover everything? doesn't matter who drives it, as long the car is insured."

I am glad you know some adjusters, and a owner of a body shop! Here is my virtual pat on the back! :D :lol: :D Maybe you should ask some of the adjusters about these types of claims...

it was for the other guy who said he should pay out of his own pocket, and no I'm not owner of the shops, just my good friends are.

it was for the other guy who said he should pay out of his own pocket, and no I'm not owner of the shops, just my good friends are.

OK...not a peeing contest. But read my post. It says "I am glad you know some adjusters and a owner of a body shop. I didn't say you owned a body shop."

Also you need to read these post...maybe you don't understand or something? He was advised to pay out of pocket to avoid being dropped or have his rates increased by his insurance company in the beginning by me. That is why it was reiterated that he pay out of pocket since his parents are independently wealthy as he says "a Lexus is like a corolla to his parents" I just don't think you understand what has went on in this entire post what exactly would you like us to understand. He and his parents are committing insurance fraud...it is wrong...That is that. I will lecture anybody I want on this trust me I hear all of the time from people...my rates are going up and I didn't have a claim, or get any tickets why? Here is a perfect example. Your way or reasoning is other people do worse things...and he is a good kid! Do you have kids? Do you want your kids at 19 to have 3 speeding tickets and 2 at fault accidents? Would you keep paying for them to act irresponsible...in dash radar detector, license plate covers for speed cameras? Please read this post what is left of it and keep defending him.