Yes, Yes... Full Exhaust!

jcrome04

So the day has finally arrived, I got full exhaust!

2.25" piping, 2x 25" Thrush Magnum resonators, 2x Muffs I already had.

It's in a "True Dual" type of setup right now, my X-pipe is getting here today, and will be cut in tonight or tomorrow.

I have to admit though, my MPG have INCREASED drastically with it in true dual. I am at 300 miles and 1/8th over 1/4 tank. Normally I would be under 1/4. And that with a lot more aggressive driving habits. I hope it stays that way when I get the X-pipe installed! B)

Let me know what you think!

:cheers:

Very quiet inside the cabin, still silent at cruising speeds.

VERY out of character for the Ls... that's why I love it!! :D :D :D hahaha.

I got mine done...in total....

~$100 = 2 mufflers

~$100 = Magnaflow True X-Pipe

$170 = 2.25" Piping + Labor

~$65 = 2 Thrush Magnum Resonators

$50 = Tip

Said and done $485. Technically $435 without the tip.

I know the exhaust guy so he hooks me up ;)

So it is still quiet at cruising speeds, mpg has improved as well as WOT topend power. Has the off idle accelleration gotten better or worse? Sometimes a free flowing exhaust can kill some bottom-end. Are you still running the catalytic converters?

What does the stock exhaust look like?

Very quiet inside the cabin, still silent at cruising speeds.

VERY out of character for the Ls... that's why I love it!! :D :D :D hahaha.

I got mine done...in total....

~$100 = 2 mufflers

~$100 = Magnaflow True X-Pipe

$170 = 2.25" Piping + Labor

~$65 = 2 Thrush Magnum Resonators

$50 = Tip

Said and done $485. Technically $435 without the tip.

I know the exhaust guy so he hooks me up ;)

thats not a bad deal. I'll start savin now. This sounds like on of the best mods to do to an LS. got to get mom's permission since im only 15 though. lol :D

That sounds good but it doesnt seem right as the car is a lexus. Is it loud at a light or rolling out easy from the light ? I swear it sounds louder than my 07 Corvette lol.........

Can we get updated gas mileage ? I am interested :)

Just get a full cam now, and drop in the timing so you get that full "plop, plop...plop,plop" at idle now...lol!!! Sounds great man. I think you should drop the suspension some now to. Just an inch.... :rolleyes:

i was thinking about lowering with the Tanabe DF210's hopefully by next spring.

Anyone have any advice on wheels? what sizes and offsets will look the best? Maybe I'll start a thread about wheels on the 2LS...

The X-pipe has quieted her down A LOT. I'll need to take some new videos.

From a SOP estimate I'd say low-end, all the way to top-end had significantly increased. I can feel a lot more pull from a stop and RIDICULOUS amounts of pull at top end.... let's just say at 115mph it's still pulling like at 70mph. Scared the hell out of me!!! :D

Next time I fill up I'll go easy on it like I used to and compare those numbers with what I used to be getting. My avg was around 21-23 with my usual commute.

I'd love a set of those S&S headers....but a little too pricey for me :) . .... right now anyways haha.

I took a new video of a car, but it was a cold start right in front of my closed garage so all you could hear was basically engine noise...the X-pipe quieted her down substantially but I still love it..

I will shoot some new footage tomorrow

I got them edited and uploaded!!! FINALLY!

I'll still need to take some more of warm starts and driving around, but here are these for now!!

This first one is out front of my house, lots of engine noise, but you can get the overall picture.

The second one is me getting on the highway, I'd say I was about 95% on the throttle. Sunroof tilted and back windows cracked. Had some fun with the editor :D

Last, but not least, I decided to take another vid. Dusk at my sister's house. Engine noise was cut substantially, however there is a wierd "putter" noise when I get behind the car. My camera did that, it doesn't really have that sound in it.

Enjoy! :)

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I saw your post yesterday, but I needed to wait until I get to my home computer with the better speakers. LOL!! I thought it sounded pretty good before, so if you like it even more now, I can hardly wait to give it a good listen. Which sound clip do you think sounds the most accurate? And what else are you planning for the LS?

I'd say the second video is the best, followed by the third, then the first.

Plans...plans....plans........ :D

JP Curtains, JP neck pads, Lower, A nice full face wheel..... what else.... lol

I took a new video of a car, but it was a cold start right in front of my closed garage so all you could hear was basically engine noise...the X-pipe quieted her down substantially but I still love it..

I will shoot some new footage tomorrow

The car sounds great man with wheels i would go with 19s or 20s

i have 20s on my car staggered they look real nice know im looking to get a cup kit found some gabriel shocks online and thinking of the tanabe springs .

jcrome, that sounds great! If someone was standing at the corner with thier eyes closed, as you drove up, I don't think the LS is what they would even closely imagine is rolling by. Nice!

Curtians and neck pads?

What rims are you looking at?

Found a killer deal on Junction Produce Curtains and neck pads.

I'm not sure what wheesl, something nice and full face. Have any suggestions? I would rather not spend $800 per wheel either :D haha