Had My Lexus Serviced At Toyota Dealership

LexKid630

I just thought i'd tell you about a great experience i had, having my Rx300 serviced at my local Toyota dealership a few weeks ago.

I never thought it was of any importance to mention here, but after reading how many negative reports there are with lexus service, i thought i would!

It was time for another transmission flush for the Rx300, so i decided to take it to my neighborhood Toyota dealership (3 miles down the road) instead of having to travel a half hour to Lexus. I called a few days in advance to ask if they could do it, and they said they could, for $189 which was less than at Lexus. When i showed up the day of service, i brought the car into the garages (looked the same as at lexus) and there was a man to greet me as soon as i got out of my car. I told him what i was there for, and he asked for me to go into one of the service rooms (again, same as at lexus) to fill out the service forms etc. He then told me that it would be about an hour or so, and that i could wait in the showroom or service lounge.

I decided to take a look at some of the new Toyota's (this was my first time at a Toyota dealership in a while) in the showroom. I sat in a few of them on the floor, just enjoying myself (they aren't that bad btw!). A few minutes in my observation's, a woman (not a sales women, just someone working there) came up to me (i was sitting in the Avalon at the time) and informed me that there was coffee and pastries in the lounge!? I immediately took a short walk to the lounge and couldn't believe my eyes! There was every type of breakfast pastry you could imagine! I didn't hesitate to take a few samples, took a napkin, cup of orange juice (hate coffee...) and sat myself down and enjoyed!

I've been to about, maybe 4 Lexus dealerships in my lifetime since 1989, the only one in RI (yeah, it's a pretty small state...) two in CT and in MA. NOT one of them had these delicious pastries and array of beverages, or made me feel as comfortable as i felt at this Toyota dealership.

It may of cost Toyota a little extra to supply these minor things, but they have my business. When the service man came out to me to tell me my car was done, i told him he'd be seeing me in another 15k miles when i need it done again. He began to explain to me what a nice car i had, etc. etc. as if it was a Bentley or something.

The car wasn't scratched or dented, just the way it came in, and everything works perfectly. I checked the fluid, perfect level, nice and pink in color.

Maybe this was just a one day thing for Toyota to do that, but i was very impressed. I received a survey in the mail from this dealership and gave them excellent reports across the page.

Just thought i'd share! :D

I just thought i'd tell you about a great experience i had, having my Rx300 serviced at my local Toyota dealership a few weeks ago.

I never thought it was of any importance to mention here, but after reading how many negative reports there are with lexus service, i thought i would!

It was time for another transmission flush for the Rx300, so i decided to take

. . . . snip

Welcome to the ONLY service going, in the Flathead Valley Montana :P . . . we'd have to drive our RX400h 100's of miles one way, to get to a Lexus dealer. The RX sits on the same chassis as the camry, I believe, and has most of the same components as the highlander, so yep . . . the Toyota dealer is certainly the next best place to go ... if not the exact same service.

It was time for another transmission flush for the Rx300, so i decided to take

. . . . snip

Welcome to the ONLY service going, in the Flathead Valley Montana :P . . . we'd have to drive our RX400h 100's of miles one way, to get to a Lexus dealer. The RX sits on the same chassis as the camry, I believe, and has most of the same components as the highlander, so yep . . . the Toyota dealer is certainly the next best place to go ... if not the exact same service.

When my GS needs service I have always gone to my local Toyota dealer. I have a great relationship with the service manager and there #1 tech. Simply the best service at a more than fair price. :cheers: To Toyota :cheers:

Yeah, i figured Toyota would be able to do something as simple as a tranny flush on the RX since the Highlander has similar components and the same fluid type. I heard about other members on this forum taking their Lexus' to Toyota so i figured i would give it a try too.

The service was an excellent, if not the best experience i have ever had with my cars.

I don't know if it was the oxytocin in the air, or the Cinnamon Raisin Danish and freshly squeezed orange juice (just so happened to be my favorite breakfast combo), but i was in heaven. :P

And all for less $$$ than at Lexus!?

I highly suggest anyone who needs a service done, if they come to RI to go to Colonial Toyota in Lincoln, RI.

Glad to hear of the good experience, but does anyone know if they get a parts discount?

In other words, would you get a better price from Toy on a T-belt/waterpump relacement?

Yes, I bought all the parts online and had toyota dealer do the labor. Saved mucho $$$ :cheers:

I had my timing belt and waterpump replaced at Maita Toyota in Sacramento for $500. Over half the price of the Lexus dealership and they did a fantastic job....