My Is 250 Is A Ton Faster Than Before

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok dudes my IS250 which i bought in January of 2008 brand new

has already broke 11,500 miles!

i have noticed that about after 10,000 miles it's accelerating like a BEAST!!!!

is it b/c it is more broken into?

I guess that depends... just how many times has it been broken into? :huh:

ok dudes my IS250 which i bought in January of 2008 brand new

has already broke 11,500 miles!

i have noticed that about after 10,000 miles it's accelerating like a BEAST!!!!

is it b/c it is more broken into?

I guess that depends... just how many times has it been broken into? :huh:

i dont get it

It must mean that after that many miles he actually floored it because driving a car does not make it faster.

:lol: I think the OP meant that his engine/drivetrain had broken-in and was now running hard, loose and clean. Just like that song from Metallica. :P

I would probably describe that feeling as a bit more pep then before but it could just be my imagination.

Poor guy just loves his car and here we are giving him a hearty razzing. B)

If he only knew that the car was broken in, (rather than into), by the 1,000 mile mark!

I know that my car felt tight and a bit slow for the first 700 miles or so, and I thought I had made a mistake in buying the car. But since the break-in period, it accelerates just fine thanks!

No where near a beast tho. My G35 was heavier, but a good deal quicker... but of course it had 100 more ponies too.

I know people are making fun of this guy for using Broken Into and not Broken In... but he does have a point. Cars do drive much better after a certain amount of miles. And what did you say about the 1000 mile mark? I'm pretty sure the car is not broken in until the first oil change(~3000-3500 miles). And by breaking in a car I mean not revving higher than 4000 to 4500 RPM.

I guess there are a few "break in" intervals that should be noted.

1 - Technically, the motors are run at the factory for an initial start up and probably the most important break in period. When the engine is new it can make a lot of internal heat (localized heating) as the parts are brand new and have not "polished" themselves together. This period is very important for the longevity of the engine and is therefore performed before the vehicle is sold. Duration = ???

2 - The break in period as described in the owners manual. A period in which the engine is supposed to be heat-cycled by normal used. This means to avoid long cruises at the same RPM as well as avoiding heavy loading of the engine. Again to limit the internal heating. At this time the cylinders still have honing marks and the piston rings are being seated as the wear. Duration ~ 500 miles (Whatever the manual says.)

3 - At some point in time (Around 10k from my experience) the cylinders and piston rings are finally polished together so that all the original honing marks are gone. The same would be true for other bearing surfaces in the engine as well as the complete drivetrain - trans, dif', etc.... This represents the full potential of the vehicle.

IMHO :D

I guess there are a few "break in" intervals that should be noted.

1 - Technically, the motors are run at the factory for an initial start up and probably the most important break in period. When the engine is new it can make a lot of internal heat (localized heating) as the parts are brand new and have not "polished" themselves together. This period is very important for the longevity of the engine and is therefore performed before the vehicle is sold. Duration = ???

2 - The break in period as described in the owners manual. A period in which the engine is supposed to be heat-cycled by normal used. This means to avoid long cruises at the same RPM as well as avoiding heavy loading of the engine. Again to limit the internal heating. At this time the cylinders still have honing marks and the piston rings are being seated as the wear. Duration ~ 500 miles (Whatever the manual says.)

3 - At some point in time (Around 10k from my experience) the cylinders and piston rings are finally polished together so that all the original honing marks are gone. The same would be true for other bearing surfaces in the engine as well as the complete drivetrain - trans, dif', etc.... This represents the full potential of the vehicle.

IMHO :D

yea exactly like i said around 10,000 miles my car got a ton faster. thanks for clearing up why :-)