Tires Replacement For Is250awd (2006 Model)

My IS250 still has the original tires with it and I recently replace 1 due to a bad bulge caused by a nasty pothole (cost me $200+labor). I was told that the life of those tires are about 35K miles. Are there any other tires that I could put on this baby beside sticking with the ones recommended by the dealer? Thanks.

My IS250 still has the original tires with it and I recently replace 1 due to a bad bulge caused by a nasty pothole (cost me $200+labor). I was told that the life of those tires are about 35K miles. Are there any other tires that I could put on this baby beside sticking with the ones recommended by the dealer? Thanks.

This is a great resource to not only see what tires are compatible with your car, but also view different wheels on it, and compare prices!

Tire Rack

Continental ExtremeContacts -

(On a Scale of 1 to 10)

Ride Comfort 6.83

Noise Comfort 6.2

Dry Track 6.49

Wet Track 6.55

Overall 6.53

Potenza RE-01R -

(On a Scale of 1 to 10)

Ride Comfort 7.16

Noise Comfort 7.24

Dry Track 8.47

Wet Track 6.83

Overall 7.59

highly recommended Potenza RE-01R as summer tires

H Rated

Continental ExtremeContacts -

(On a Scale of 1 to 10)

Ride Comfort 6.83

Noise Comfort 6.2

Dry Track 6.49

Wet Track 6.55

Overall 6.53

Potenza RE-01R -

(On a Scale of 1 to 10)

Ride Comfort 7.16

Noise Comfort 7.24

Dry Track 8.47

Wet Track 6.83

Overall 7.59

highly recommended Potenza RE-01R as summer tires

H Rated

Wouldn't an Allseason tire be better in Minnesota? The RE-10R is only rated for wear at 140 and it's a summer tire. So are you suggesting two sets of tires, one for winter and one set for summer?

Tirerack shows at least 4 other tires that have better wear factor and less cost than the RE-01's.

I will not put another set of Bridgestone's on my wife's IS250 RWD. The orginal factory set, Potenza's started cupping at about 20K miles and although they made it to 35K miles, I was not happy with their performance for the cost and longevity.

It really depends on you, because there are whole bunch of brand in the market, this is just suggestion, for my 2008 IS250 AWD, I live in Michigan

Summer - Potenza RE-01R

Winter - Blizzak LM-25

Because my friend work with Firestone, so he knows the most popular and good tires with Brigestone than I do. I got big discount also. :lol:

well good luck for searching and perhaps didn't give you that much options.

• 1 month later...

SLK, what size do you need & do you have seperate winter rubber for your IS AWD?

I just bough the Conti - Extreme Contacts for my wife’s car. They seem to have great grip on the road, my only complaint is that they have a slightly louder road noise than I would expect for the type of tire. I don't think she notices though.

I also had some cheep "Falcon brand" tiers on at one point (they were the only thing in stock and I had to buy them since my tires were down to the metal cabling). Had my first 1000 miles on the tires and had a blowout (entire inside sidewall shredded).

As a side note I will be purchasing snows for the winter, so I went with a higher performance tire for the summer.

• 1 month later...

If you're looking for a really quite ride and a non-directional tire that you can rotate side to side, in a warmer climates (little snow), look at the Nitto Invo. I have a set with about 20K miles. Smooth, very quite ride. Nice handling for normal to slightly agressive driving.

I just had the GY All Season F1's installed on my 350. I have not had an opportunity to test them in the snow, but they are AWESOME in the rain! My local GY dealer was willing to match the TireRack prices - YEAH :D

So far I am very happy with the tires and would recommend them.

Yeah, I talked with a few tire reps and the general opinion was these new Goodyears are really a great design. The Asymetrics were just rated #1 at Tire Rack over the BFG's and Michelins PS. (Not that the Tire Rack rating chart means anything in my opinion.) So I was thinking about getting these and seeing for myself. It's good to hear from others expereinces, and getting positive feedback.