How To Identify Awd Vs Fwd Rx330?

ca2ny

How would I distinguish between an AWD RX330 (2004 model year) and a FWD one? I see no badge that specifies "AWD" on the car, nor do I see any readily visible feature described in the owners manual that would exist on the AWD model but not the FWD model (or vice versa). Can anyone give me some guidance on how to easily tell them apart? Thanks.

• 1 year later...
As stated above, looking underneath's the only way.

Or the 4th digit of the VIN. H = AWD and G = FWD (at least for the 2004/2005 RX330 models...and maybe others, I am just not 100% sure).

Would you by any chance know, when and how this AWD feature kick in? Are all the wheels working (powered) at all times? Is there any article I could read to have an understanding about this? Thanks

• 1 month later...
Its there all the time.....non selectable.....

Okay, so I take my '04 AWD RX330 to the snow and chains or AWD is required. How does Caltrans/CHP kow what I'm driving?

Thanks....

Tell 'em to do the same thing you did- look underneath. Probably won't happen but it's good for a try. :lol: