Recommended tires for 97 Lexus ES 300

mdmosman

i've actually been looking into tires too.

i've seen good things about potenza RE92's and RE950's. a bit more expensive, but still great tires.

i, being the poorer high school student i am, am looking at Kumho Ecsta tires. some say they're good, but haven't heard that many comments on it.

• 3 months later...

i had michelin pilot xgt h4s installed on my car recently. they're a little cheaper then the original energy tires that came with the car. some people claim the tread wears too quickly on the pilots. the company says the tires are good for 50k miles. imo, the noise levels are acceptable and the ride is smooth like its suppose to be.

I have a 97, and have the Bridgestone Turanza H Revo's.. they're pretty good. i thought i needed to replace them because the side was kinda cracking, BUT i put Armorall spray on them and *POOF* they look great again. Oh also.. i polished my chrome. I look styling :P The tires handel pretty good. They churp at 45 MPH on a pretty good right turn, not copletely 90deg. But i would like to see it hold a tad better. Does well in the rain too, i pretty much drive as i usually do which is agressive (100mph in misty rain today, on straight highway tho, so eazy). I would say its a good all around tire... however i haven't ever tried another. I will buy them again too. Stick with what works right? B)

ProZac

I had a real bad experience with the SP 5000 on my dad's LS400, the tire cupped and scalloped badly giving a bad vibration. I'm looking to replace the tires on mine too, when and if I change the wheels. One tire that really peeked my interest were these Continentals-

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes

They're cheap and they have outstanding reviews.

I've heard some bad things about the LSH and V and the Dunlop SP Sport A2s.

Another little tip, you really dont need the V rated tires on the car, H is more than sufficient. They're cheaper and ride smoother.

if you get alot of rain, check out my personal favorite...Goodyear Aquatreds.

My 02 came with Bridgestone Potenza RE92s, they are ok but will be replaced within 10k miles. I just don't trust Bridgestone/Firestone.

Goodyear and Michelins are the top two tires in my area.

check out www.tirerack.com and www.tires.com

they both have a section on their sites that ask you questions to help determine the best tires (sound, speed, size, rain, snow, etc) that you are looking for to help find what is available for you car.

sj

Michelin Energy is what came on mine, not impressed and overpriced. This is a smooth car, but the right set of tires will REALLY make is supple.

The Energy's are better then the Potenza RE's Stevie has, they're some of the worst tires on the market. Read the TireRack reviews :blink:

wow you only got michelin's, steve?

somehow, my grandpa's '03 came with Toyo Proxes... how odd...

i never expected a luxury sedan to come with Toyo's but i've got nothin' against it.

kevin

zeta, have grandpa call his dealer.

supposedly there is a recall on some Toyos. I don't know if it is model specific or vehicle specific, or tire serial number specific.

check it out.

Steviej