Seatbelt

tofu

I had the same problems. I called the Lexus Customers Satisfaction Department and had them fix the problems at a Lexus dealership for free. They replaced the whole seatbelt assembly although it might be the retraction spring that was wrong.

My 95 LS400 driver seatbelt doesn't spring back all the way. Is there a way to fix it or I have to replace the seatbelt assembly?

what number did you call, my dealer laughed when I asked if replacement would be free!

Thank you dashan, let me try calling the dealer to see if they will replace it for free.

i called today about my 94' and they said it was only covered for 8 year or 80 thousand miles. So they wouldnt do it for free.

what number did you call, my dealer laughed when I asked if replacement would be free!
Thank you dashan, let me try calling the dealer to see if they will replace it for free.

i called today about my 94' and they said it was only covered for 8 year or 80 thousand miles. So they wouldnt do it for free.

I am having the same problem with my 94. I just found this info, and it is too early to call (9am east coast ) , but here you go:

Customer Satisfaction Department

Mail Drop L203, 19001 South Western Ave

Torrance, CA 90509-2732

Toll free: 1-800-25 LEXUS

Fax: Fax: 310-468-2992

I hope they take care of us!!

I am having the same problem with my 94. I just found this info, and it is too early to call (9am east coast ) , but here you go:

Torrance, CA 90509-2732

This should help. :cheers:

seatbelt_cleaning_lexus.pdf

I spoke to a very nice lady and she said that my local rep who deals withthelocal dealer would call me within 48 hours.. sounds promising but we'll see... I know some other companies cover seatbelts for life and would think Lexus would not want bad press if something were to happen to an owner.... I'll keep you posted...

Torrance, CA 90509-2732

This should help. :cheers:

Write down the names of the person in the lexus satisfaction department whom you spoke to. Call back if the they don't call you in 48 hrs.

I spoke to a very nice lady and she said that my local rep who deals withthelocal dealer would call me within 48 hours.. sounds promising but we'll see... I know some other companies cover seatbelts for life and would think Lexus would not want bad press if something were to happen to an owner.... I'll keep you posted...

Torrance, CA 90509-2732

This should help.:cheers:

They fixed my 96 LS400 with 140K miles. They wrote "warranty" on the bill and I pay nothing.

I have the same problem with my 95 LS. I am waiting to hear how it turn out before making the call myself. Please post as soon as you have an answer. Thanks

I'm still waiting for a call back, I'll keep you posted.. Where did you get your fixedunderwarranty anddid you have to call customer satisfaction fo did the dealer just handle it?thanks

They fixed my 96 LS400 with 140K miles. They wrote "warranty" on the bill and I pay nothing.
I have the same problem with my 95 LS. I am waiting to hear how it turn out before making the call myself. Please post as soon as you have an answer. Thanks

When I called Lexus customer satisfaction, I spoke to Zoe. I told her the problem, and she said I would have to take it in to the dealership first and see what they say. I told her I knew of this happening with other older LS 400's, and that I knew the problem was taken care of gratis, and asked if that would be the case for me. She reiterated that I would have to take it to the dealership. She would not give me a direct answer about cost. She did go on to say then that if it turned out to be cost prohibitive, then I could call them back after the dealership diagnosed the problem, and that perhaps they could look at some way to assist. (Whatever that means??) Look , it's not like this is the first time this has happened, as evidenced by these boards. You would think that Lexus would have a standard protocall for this. Either its covered or its not. What gives?? <_<

Anyway it will be a week until they can even get me in for service. Man that is nuts! I can usually get my Lexus in to get serviced at the toyota dealership with one days notice, or sometimes the same day! So what is the deal? fewer toyotas needing service than Lexus? Or fewer mechanics at the Lexus dealerships? I dont get it. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

DASHAN, CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY . ROHRICH LEXUS IN PITTSBURGH LOOKED AT MINE SAID NO FREEBIE. ONL GOOD FOR 8YRS OR 80,000 MI. THEY WANTED ALMOST $900 TO INSTALL 2 FRONT SEATBELTS. BTW , THIS WAS FOR A '94 WIT 138000 MILES. WHICH DEALERSHIP DID YOURS???

The dealer won't do it for free. The lexus customers satisfaction department need to agree that the lexus corp will pay for it, then the dealer will charge the lexus corp. Talk to the CSD, telling them lexus would be held liable if you get hurt or die in an accident because of the faulty seatbelt and a lawsuit will come.

The service at the lexus dealer was horrible. I don't complaint it because I know the the dealers are junk asshcle. They did the inspection of the car and they suggest me to replace the parts that is brand new (I just put them in one week before). They are liars.

DASHAN, CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY . ROHRICH LEXUS IN PITTSBURGH LOOKED AT MINE SAID NO FREEBIE. ONL GOOD FOR 8YRS OR 80,000 MI. THEY WANTED ALMOST $900 TO INSTALL 2 FRONT SEATBELTS. BTW , THIS WAS FOR A '94 WIT 138000 MILES. WHICH DEALERSHIP DID YOURS???

• 3 weeks later...
The dealer won't do it for free. The lexus customers satisfaction department need to agree that the lexus corp will pay for it, then the dealer will charge the lexus corp. Talk to the CSD, telling them lexus would be held liable if you get hurt or die in an accident because of the faulty seatbelt and a lawsuit will come.

The service at the lexus dealer was horrible. I don't complaint it because I know the the dealers are junk asshcle. They did the inspection of the car and they suggest me to replace the parts that is brand new (I just put them in one week before). They are liars.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I called Lexus Customer Service back, and told them that I was quoted $900 from the dealer to put in the 2 new seatbelts. I asked if there was anything they could do to help. I was told I would receive a call back from them in 2 working days. They called me back and said they would like to comver the cost of the belts, and all I had to do was agree to pay to have them installed. She said they would contact my dealer, and I should call to make an appointment. I called the dealership, they said they would order the belts, and let me know when they came in, then I could call and schedule an appointment. Well, the dealer called me back right away to tell me they stopped making the seatbelts for the older LS's, and that they could only get grey (mine are brown) I said no problem. I had them installed today, and was pleasantly surprised when I wasn't charged for the service. :cheers: Chalk one up for Lexus Customer Service!!!

It must all be tied in who you get on the phone with the customer satisfaction people. I called my local dealer and they laughed, saying my '94 LS400 was well out of warranty (the 8year thing). I then called the Lexus customer satisfaction line, they had someone call me back the next day, but they were no help at all. They told me that they would call the dealer, but I would have to pay for the work and parts. I asked what would happen if I was in an accident and severely injured due to the problem with the driver's belt, and they just told me that they could not do it without me paying for it. What gives?

UPDATE

Funny how quickly things change. Not even a week later, I got a call from the Service manager at my local dealership. Before I could even call him back, the Lexus customer service people called me back and gave me the service managers name and told me to call him, and that all work and parts would be done "goodwill". Looks like the Lexus Customer service is very good at their job after all - I was wrong to badmouth them in my above post.

That being said, the service manager basically told me the same things as above - that I could only get gray. No problem here - I have gray interior!

Great info here.

I also have a '95 with problems with the front seat belt (driver's) and was about to buy a new one for $200+.

Now, based on this thread, I will call the Cust Serv Dept and try to get them to pay for the part or part/labor.

• 4 weeks later...

I own a 95-ls400 and I was quoted $500+ to replace the drivers seat belt. It's only warrantied for 5 years in Canada. I tried just replacing the receptical as it seemed to work fine if I plugged it into the passenger side. Wrong. I'm replacing the belt assembly now @ a cost of $337.00 and I am doing the work. I like the car otherwise, but that seems kind of poor quality for this kind of a car? Talk to customer sat. Think I will.

Torrance, CA 90509-2732

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this sounds great, i have a 91 LS400 with (please don’t LOL) 235,500 i'm trying this!*** with that said i raced a 2005 or 6, 5series BMW and ran it well in front till about 120 and backed off and I noticed him gaining slightly so I earned 1 more KO for the LS ha, ha and (the gaining means he was trying lol)

I am waiting on a call back, as I made this call this morining.. I have 318,000 miles on the car now. THey seemed really helpful on the phone, and I hope that they fix this issue with the semi promised "goodwill repair".

• 4 weeks later...