What Can I Do To Make An Is250 As Fast As A Is350?

The title basically says it all. I am thinking about leasing an IS350, but am wondering if I could get an IS250 and make is as fast if not faster than the 350???

Any responses would really be appreciated.

Thanks again guys!

^ what he said +1000. Not a smart thing to do. Call a tuning shop and they'd probably tell you the same thing.

What is your motivation?

Yeah, that or put a IS350 emblem on the trunk and a whole bunch of speed parts stickers on the car.

I just want a car that looks fast to actually be fast...I guess I see what you guys are saying but if i went with the 250 and modded it I would just buy it out. So is350 seems like the way to go so far.

Anyone with anything else?

Thank you

I just want a car that looks fast to actually be fast...I guess I see what you guys are saying but if i went with the 250 and modded it I would just buy it out. So is350 seems like the way to go so far.

Anyone with anything else?

Thank you

I agree with everyone. Go for the IS 350 if you want speed. If for some wierd reason you cant you could make the IS 250 faster by getting a intake, exhaust system, a chip, somehow a turbo and i have no idea , just go for the 350, that car is a beast...

Step One: Start Car.

Step Two: Drive to nearest lexus dealer

Step Three: Trade in car and enjoy 350.

Any car can be modified to be faster... but at the expense of financial strain and reliability in many cases... for the price it would cost you to modify, not to mention the time and opportunity cost you would probably be better off just getting a 350.

We don't get the 350 in South Africa .How much quicker than the 250 is it?

0-100

top speed ,etc

My 250 is plenty fast enough. If you are interested in speed buy a motor bike !

the 250 is more like 7.5 0 - 60, while the 350 is 5.5 0 - 60... the 350 is much quicker in all terms, there is no comparison, if you arent going for complete speed and just want a little sportiness the 250 is fine

The title basically says it all. I am thinking about leasing an IS350, but am wondering if I could get an IS250 and make is as fast if not faster than the 350???

Thanks again guys!

Do an engine swap with the 350

Get a Ferrari engin and tweek it there in place of the IS 250 engine. Simple. The good thing is you would be awarded a patent and possibly lexus will nominate you as a grande cheif designer for their company. But you know what? you got to buy an IS first.

Nah, don't use Ferrari, they're way too bulky. I'd just as well hammer in the firewall a bit and drop in the VQ35TT from the new Nissan GTR. B)

Lexus > 500hp + 6-spd = :wub:

Thanks again guys!

Go buy a BMW 335 and you wont have to try to be like anything.........you will already be bad a$$ like this pirate --> :pirate:

Nothing replaces cubic inches. 2.5 litre (IS250) compared to 3.5 liter (IS 350)is quite a difference. Unless you are interested in adding a blower or turbo, you are going to have to get a 350 if speed is your desire.

Thanks again guys!

Hey there, I was in the same position. I looked at making the 250 faster and in the long run it is much smarter to go with a 350. i just got mine today and i absolutely LOVE IT. Just look for a 350 that is not to far away that has the same options as your 250 and trade up. I got the EXACT same car plus more for only a couple K more than i sold my 250 for. WAY worth it. And if you have not driven the 350, it is as fast as most two door sports cars, it really is ballz fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again guys!

Go buy a BMW 335 and you wont have to try to be like anything.........you will already be bad a$$ like this pirate --> :pirate:

Went ahead and bought the 335i....now I just have to figure out how im going to pay for it....ha

Hey there, I was in the same position. I looked at making the 250 faster and in the long run it is much smarter to go with a 350. i just got mine today and i absolutely LOVE IT. Just look for a 350 that is not to far away that has the same options as your 250 and trade up. I got the EXACT same car plus more for only a couple K more than i sold my 250 for. WAY worth it. And if you have not driven the 350, it is as fast as most two door sports cars, it really is ballz fast.

But not AWD........

But not AWD........

Which thankfully saves a couple hundred pounds :P

But not AWD........

Which thankfully saves a couple hundred pounds :P

Which really helps in the snow, huh? 350 is a sick car but they missed the boat IMO not having AWD option. For those of us that use AWD for weather conditions not track days......

I totally agree! I bought my wife her 250 awd YESTERDAY and Ive done nothing but wish it were mine. Only bummer is in Salt Lake basically ya need awd so . . . . Lexus lost a 2nd lexus purchase (my very own 350 awd).

Oh well. Maybe to the mod garage with an STI when Im ready to get over my 3.5 liter awd sadness,