Modifying The Is 300

smooth1

smooth this thing just keeps getting better and better!! i'm lovin those new shoes too they look really clean on your car. so what's next? :P

i think that car is john's (italianlex) at this other site i look at http://www.isfanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755

i agree though, i like the paint lines, but not the vents haha.

Yo, Heyoceanfloor, where have you been? I was just thinking of you the other day, and was wondering why we haven't head from ya lately.

i think that car is john's (italianlex) at this other site i look at

Yeah, he posts on a few different sites. I usually bump in to him on my.is.com as well. He's got a nice ride going.

Yo, Heyoceanfloor, where have you been? I was just thinking of you the other day, and was wondering why we haven't head from ya lately.

well my parents are out on a cruise and i'm watching the dog/house for them. i've invited more than a few people over to help me with the job :pirate:

a house in the forest = no noise ordinance :cheers:

i didn't know you posted on my.is, i look around there sometimes but i don't speak up much/ever

Yeah, My.IS is a much more hostile crowd. You better know what your talking about there. And even then you get charged up alot. It's pretty hardcore there. I actually like this site the best, I just wish it was a little more active, that's all.

I also go to Club Lexus. Looks like they have a Florida Lexus Club. I guess theres like 40 or so people in it. And they meet regularly. Ya think they might let me join? So, I was trying to get something going to see if it's something I'd like to do or not, and if anyone on this site would like to come also. but there have been no takers so far from the LOC. MY.IS has about 10 or so people coming, Club Lexus will be about 30-40 people. I have a great parking lot at the shop for it. The lot is about 50 feet wide, with about 60 stalls on each side, and there are parking stalls that face each other on each side with the main drive right down the middle. So everyone can back in park and face each other with a huge walk way in the middle. So, we'll see how this turns out.

So, the parents are out of town and they entrusted YOU to watch the house?????? Did you pre-order the kegs and have all the directions printed up ready to go??? LOL!! Damn, So, how long are they gone for?? And those people you invited over to help you with the job, yeah, I imagine that you could use some help staying that drunk for awhile!! LOL!! You never know when exactly you hit the completely incompacitated line....OTFLMAO!!! And carrying those kegs by yourself is damn hard work too!!! I've also found that good freinds help me stay up longer when I'm drinking. Otherwise, I just drink and pass out in no time, wake up the next morning, not as much fun at all!!! Then there is the clean up. definatley need lots of help with that!!

Well, it looks like I'm going to my first Lexus meet tonight. I have no idea how many people will be there. I think it's a small gathering though. So, I'll take some pics and post them here afterwards. It should be fun. A couple of IS 300's and a few GS owners will be there. So tonight when I get home I'll give the monster a qiuck bath. I'm hoping to get some cool ideas for future mods...

Well, I went to my first Lexus car meet last night. I have to say, the Dream Ride represented the LOC very well. B)

I was impressed by some of the other efforts going on. I met Rex94, he has a 94 SC 300 that he just did a 1JZ twin turbo swap with. It was all stock, but he did the work himself, and is very enthusiastic about all the stuff he plans on doing. It was nice talking with him.

There was this other guy, BadViper, his dad gave him a 93? Lexus ES with a V6. It was the family truckster, and not well maintained, but he has been working on it a little at a time and restoring it, and bringing it back. I was moved by his efforts. He's going to school, and works part time. So money is a big issue. But when you talk to him, you can hear the passion right away. I'm gonna make a note to help him in the future with his car. He did an amazing dash light LED conversion on it. I was surprised. It looked great.( I may incorperate(trade) ;) his help when I go to do mine.)

I also got to meet another turbo'd IS 300. It was Pearl White, and completely put together by TurboEast. He has tuning issues going on right now, (running way too rich.) So, when we sort of tested each other on the throttle a few times I could tell I gained on him much faster than he could pull away. ( I was following him to the next meet site at UCF where everyone gets together.)

Which brings me to part 2 of this meet thing. We leave the lot we were in and cruise to the top of the parking garage at UCF. There were probably 50 or so cars there. Honda's, Nissan's, Mustangs, and a few others. All the cars kinda grouped together by mfgr. I wish I had my camera with me then. I will be sure to bring it next time and I'll post em here. I met some new people, and looked at other rides, from what I understand it was an off night. Everyone said that usually there are over 200 cars there easily. It get's pretty packed. And then there is an even larger car meet at the Waterford Lakes Parking lot! So, I think I'll go to that one also and see if I can hook up with some more Lexus rides.

I don't think the meet thing is going to be a long term thing. But I'm having fun for now. Yeah, I get to show off my car, and I get to look for ideas along the way. So, so long as it's fun, I'm in.

yeah i wished i lived closer i definitely woulda been there! sounds like a lot of fun.. I'm looking forward to taking my car to a meet someday, I've never gotten to do that before. i've gotta get some more fun stuff in it first though :)

and oh yeah i've had a lot of help staying intoxicated :cheers: they left on november 17th and come back on decemeber 13th. so i've been living it up. i don't have work or anything to do today... so i'm starting early :pirate:

any fun DIY is300 projects to kill time? haha

Ok, well, I think I unknowingly annoyed a ZO6 Vette today. I was travelling on the outside lane and he was trying to get thru some traffic. I saw we had and open road coming up in the lanes we were in, as the 2 outside lanes seperate for about 2 miles to merge into the 408. I think he wanted over into my lane and decided in front of me would be a good place to be. So as he began to accelerate, so did I. LOL!! He looked over and saw I was still next to him, so he punched it, and,,,,,,so did I. This little sprint imho, isn't conclusive. But he wasn't able to move in front of me. ;) And I don't know if he was wide open on the throttle or not, but he was right next to me when we started, and a half car length back when we backed out to merge.

After we merged, he moved into a lane that traffic was moving a little better than the lane I was in and as he passed I looked over and grinned at him. :) He didn't seem amused.....But I did see him looking in his side view mirror a few times. B)

:lol: I look at it like I represent all the little guys out there giving the big bully a shot in the chops!! :pirate: They need to be put back in their place !!! LOL!! Besides, the rules don't apply to certian cars. The ZO6 is one of em. ;)

Just read through your post and that is an impressive build, especially in the time you done it! I'd love to see this car n of coarse have a go in it :whistles: keep up the good work mate!

Thanks CIJ!! anytime, well, so long as the car isn't back on the lift getting more work done. :rolleyes:

So, what you planning for the IS 200? I think you said you wanted a Megan header? They are located in CA. So, maybe you can swing by there. They are at 489 Yorbita Rd. LaPuenta, CA and thier phone number is 626-581-0988. They may not sell you direct, So here is their CA distributor list

North America - USA - California

CAREX AUTO SERVICES INC

20750 CARRY RD

Walnut, CA 91789

INFO@OPTIONIMPORTS.COM

TEL: 909-595-7765

FAX: 909-595-7227

www.optionimports.com

Unified Distribution

3740 San Gabriel River Parkway

Pico Rivera, CA 90660

Tel: 562-695-1165

Fax: 562-695-1225

M1 AUTOSPORT

1162 Ramona Blvd.

El Monte, CA 91732

tel.626.575.4835 fax.626.575.4865

www.m1autosport.com

Pro-Street Motorsports

3302 Arden Road

Hayward, CA 94545

sales@prostreetonline.com

Tel: 510-688-9971

Fax: 510-688-9977

Hop Up Racing

204 N. El Camino Real STE E #332

Encinitas CA 92024

Tel: 760-942-2503

http://www.hopupracing.com

Elite Performance

318 Jackson Street

Fairfield, CA 94533

sales@eliteperformanceracing.com

Tel# 707-421-2085

Fax# 413-215-6647

www.eliteperformanceracing.com

SpeedStar Racing

1179 TASMAN DR.

SUNNYVALE, CA 94089

sales@speedstar-racing.com

Tel: 408-306-8383

Fax: 408-400-0977

Alliance Distribution Int l Inc.

124 S. 6th St

Industry, CA 91746

Tel: 626-968-1700

Fax: 626-968-2588

www.alliance247.com

Maybe call ahead and make sure they have what you want in stock so when you get there it's cash and carry. If you go to Meagan HQ, tell Andy I said hi!!!

well, I abused another IS350 today.LOL!!! The reason I even bother to post this one was because it was a guy driving and what looked to be his wife in the car. We were traveling down Forrest in traffic, and we both turned right onto a 2 lane road that becomes a 1 lane road about 1/2 mile down. When we were on Forest, he jumped on the gas and slipped in front of me to the turn lane, so when we made the right turn, I slid out to the inside lane and punched it, I saw the dark smoke come out of his IS350 when he punched it also, and I could see his wife laughing. The turbo spooled up and I motored right by him. I swear, I left him sitting there like a snivelling step child at the bus stop, holding a blankey...!!

So we get to the merge and I move back over. The road curves around to the right and then there is the stop light, and a seperate turn lane for turning left. The Is 350 moved into that lane next to me. The passenger window goes down, and the chic was looking at me and my car. I had my window down about 1/3 of the way, and she says " Nice car!, My husband was just saying how his newer Lexus is way faster then the older ones, so as you went by he stopped talking in mid-sentence,,,and..." suddenly the passenger side window was rolling up, and I could see her turn her head and start talking to her husband with some animation. LOL!! ( I think he rolled the window up on her!!) LOL!! The light turned green, so I went my own way. LOL!!!!!!

Well, I keep looking at this body kit I found, and well, I think I'm gonna get the side skirts from this kit, and go with the Visage front lip, and then keep looking for a rear lip, or full bumper. Then later put a splitter on the front also. ( I saw this splitter that I want soooooo bad, but I couldn't find out who made it. But atleast I know what I want there so when I do find it, IT TOO, SHALL BE MINE!!! Bwahahahahah!!!

Anyway, I just got my brake rotors back, I had them powder coated black, so no rust lines anymore.!! So, next week maybe, I'll put those on, refinish the new brake calipers, and then wahlah!! finito wito the brako's!!

Well, I keep looking at this body kit I found, and well, I think I'm gonna get the side skirts from this kit, and go with the Visage front lip, and then keep looking for a rear lip, or full bumper. Then later put a splitter on the front also. ( I saw this splitter that I want soooooo bad, but I couldn't find out who made it. But atleast I know what I want there so when I do find it, IT TOO, SHALL BE MINE!!! Bwahahahahah!!!

Anyway, I just got my brake rotors back, I had them powder coated black, so no rust lines anymore.!! So, next week maybe, I'll put those on, refinish the new brake calipers, and then wahlah!! finito wito the brako's!!

woa woah woah woah...woah.....woah..... lois.... this isn't my batman cup! :wacko:

no but really what you mean powder coat the rotors.... like all of it??? i'm confused... cuz when i was painting my calipers i got sum brake cleaner on the part of the rotor that touches the wheel... and the paint came off.... is that what you got powder coated?????

woa woah woah woah...woah.....woah..... lois.... this isn't my batman cup! :wacko:

no but really what you mean powder coat the rotors.... like all of it??? i'm confused... cuz when i was painting my calipers i got sum brake cleaner on the part of the rotor that touches the wheel... and the paint came off.... is that what you got powder coated?????

Hahahaha,,LOL!!

Flop, Flopster,,,,Floppy my boy,,,,,Flop-ola,,,,flippy flop,,,flopmeiser. :)

You essentially have two parts to the rotor. There is the disc itself that the calipers squeeze for braking. Then you have the rotor hub. I powder coated the rotor hub. Hence, no more rust around there, and along the inside edge where the caliper doesn't touch the disc. Looks good too. the stock paint is like a flat black. I now have a gloss black there. I likey!!!!! :) :) :)

LOL!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

I had a freind do mine for me. As he owes me about Kajillion dollars and untold amounts of favors, He so graciuosly did my rotors for me. ( Of course he took his sweet a$$ time doin it, but that's another topic.) Atleast they got done, and all four came back. ( Yeah, I actually gave him 4 rotors before and he came back 3 weeks later with 3 rotors. I said wheres the other one? And he says " What other one? " Yeah, like I only ever gave you 3 in the first place!!! Come on!!) So anyway, that's how I got mine done. And actually, for the most part, my friend allways takes care of my pc needs. He allways offers, and he does come thru for me. I shouldn't give him a hard time.

So for you my good friend, I would go in the kitchen, poor a tall cold one, crack open the phone book, turn to Powder coating, and find a place that is close. I couldn't even tell you how much it would be. I imagine under a hundred though.