Hid Kit Is Installed!

bbsal

well i got some pics of my lights now that the hid is installed.for those who didnt read the earlier posts i put 6000k philips hid in the other day.heres some pics so let me know what you think!also the pics dont do its justice because they are much nicer in person.

post-7-1061425147.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bbsal, those are absolutley awesome :D :D . I'm jealous ;) . I think a while back you mentioned that you were looking to buy the HID's off of ebay...did you? If you don't mind me askin how much did u pay for them?

thank you!yes thats were i bought them from.i paid something around 470 shipped.they are philips 6000k bulbs and ballasts.

awsome kit and the ballasts have a molded plastic around them to protect them from the elements unlike alot of other kits out there.There are cheaper ones but i didnt want to risk it to save 50 bucks!all in all they work great and im happy even though im almost 500 dollars under!lol

Your lights look great. Does anyone know about the "HID" lights like the ones on E-bay with prices ranging from uneder $10 to $50 or so. I am not promoting any seller but if you search "HID" and ES300 you will find a ton of them. All seems too good to be true but in looking at the history of feedback, someone seems happy with them. I would like to hear from someone who has some experience on this wither having tried them or knowing someone who did.

Everyone would like a little better lighting.

ok the ones on ebay that range from 10 to 50 dollars are not hid!they are halogen bulbs and usually more watts then the stock bulbs in your car and are no were near as good as hid.

i dont know how they can call it hid but i think what they mean is it looks like hid but thats not true at all.No halogen car bulb is even close to as bright as hid.beleave me i tried them all and the best halogen to buy is either silverstars or piaa and they too arent close to hid quality.If you really wanted hid it will cost anywere from 275 for a cheaper set to 500 for a great set.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know the OEM color temperature of the HID bulbs? Is it the same on all Lexus? I heard the OEM color is 4100k but alot of people are using 6000k and 8000k. Is there any one that's better? I want that nice bright blue/white that the factory Lexus HIDs have. Can anyone recommend a good HID conversion kit?

I have JDM headlights so my low beams are 9006J instead of the regular 9006... 9006J's have the same base as 9005, so they can fit with some cutting of tabs and melting via solder iron of the base locks..

I guess I'll have to stick with halogens for a while....But where can I take a look at those 9005 HID's?