New Car

I have to say, I am getting very disenchanted with my car and the rattling and cracking. I am not the type of person to tolerate rattles in my car, and I will take the time, while driving, to find out where it is to stop it. Unfortunately, I told my husband yesterday that I wanted to go back to BMW. My BMW NEVER rattled, and was a great-constructed car.

I'll let ya'll know what happens. I feel bad, because I do like the car, but the rattles are nonstop, and Lexus seems to not be able to fix the cracking sounds in the dash.

I have to say, I am getting very disenchanted with my car and the rattling and cracking. I am not the type of person to tolerate rattles in my car, and I will take the time, while driving, to find out where it is to stop it. Unfortunately, I told my husband yesterday that I wanted to go back to BMW. My BMW NEVER rattled, and was a great-constructed car.

I'll let ya'll know what happens. I feel bad, because I do like the car, but the rattles are nonstop, and Lexus seems to not be able to fix the cracking sounds in the dash.

lambobaby1218-

I know what you mean...about the rattle I have recently (since it has gotten cold) got a rattle around my sunroof...I am just about to bust the glass in the sunroof it is driving me nuts! The dealership has told me that they will fix it...we will see! I hope so.

How many times has the dealership tried to fix it?

lambobaby1218-

I know what you mean...about the rattle I have recently (since it has gotten cold) got a rattle around my sunroof...I am just about to bust the glass in the sunroof it is driving me nuts! The dealership has told me that they will fix it...we will see! I hope so.

Well, it's not so much just the rattle. It's everything else I've had to do, as well, like the seatbelt recall, the sunroof, the dash, the popping. They fixed the popping, finally, with the dash, and installed the felt to fix it. But the "cracking" that I keep hearing is just so unreal. It keep scaring my husband each time he hears it. I have 32,000 miles on my car, and I take it in religiously every 5,000 miles. So that probably tells you how often it's been in. Each time, I've complained about something......

:cries: :cries: :cries:

Sorry....it is frustrating...when you keep having problems like that. I hate to say this but sometimes it pays to be very blunt with the dealership...but make sure you are telling the right person. Tell them exactly how dissatisfied you have been and let the Sales Manager or the General Manager know that you will now not even consider the purchase of a new Lexus because of the issues that you have mentioned...tell him that you have given them many times to try to fix the problems. It is funny how talking to the right person sometimes is all that is needed.

Quick version of a story:

My JEEP that I bought was lets just say was a nightmare when I purchased it. I bought it used from what was thought to be a reputable dealership. Was told about all of the services they had done...and Carfax was clean. Really did not care too much as this was just going to be a beater anyway. After getting the car back the 3rd time in the 2 weeks I had owned it I actually was told by the Service Manager "Is there anything else you would like us to fix or do you just want us to go get you a new Jeep...would that make you happy" That was it...waited for 20 minutes to speak to the General Manager of the dealership. Told him everything and how many problems I had...had. He went to the lot handed me the keys to his loaner and said I will call you when you can come get you JEEP. Found out later he went in after I left fired the Service Manager...and guess what my Jeep was fixed!

For the money that these cars cost...it should definitely not rattle. I honestly was not impressed with the quality and feel of the interior of the new BMW's...maybe it was just me. Good luck with whatever you decide to do...

considering u have an IS ill assume ur BMW was a 3 series. but then again considering u once owned a lamborghini i might just have to assume it was a 7. i think a 3 series might have equal rattling but probably later down the road as usually the rattling comes from the seats, and the seats start to rattle after time in the sun, etc. as far as a 7 series though, ratting shouldnt be an issue. and is it the dealer not fixing the rattles or the car just getting new rattles all the time? regardless u will be happy with a 335i coupe or sedan.

keep in mind that the 3 series you owned was probably not a first generation of the kind. You bought the IS the year it came out, which means there is going to be some recalls and such.

still i hear ya, they are annoying. LExus and toyota are really slipping this year. hope they can stop the problems.

lambobaby1218-

About the Rattle with the Sunroof, I had the same issue with mine. When I opened it "tilt" it stopped, and I realized that ice had built up on the roof and probably created some issue with the aerodynamics causing the sunroof to vibrate and thus rattle. I went and washed/dried my car to get the ice off and that solved the problem. Not sure but this could have been the cause of your issue as well?

Why don't you consider a Maserate ?

haha on the Maserati. It's not a very good commute car, in my opinion, as far as mileage.

I had a 325i, with 90,000 miles, when I traded it in for the Lexus. It never once rattled. And I bought it used, so it had the 100,000-mile warranty on it.

I was wondering if, since I bought the first-production model, getting a newer either IS350 or 250 would solve any issues? I have had a consistent rattle in the passenger-side door, where the seatbelt is. The seatbelts have been replaced through the recall. Like I said earlier, the felt fixed the dash rattling. That annoying crack in the dash is still there. I have a new rattle that I cannot figure out where it's coming from, somewhere in my dash. I've taken everything out of the dash compartment, so it's not coming from there. My car just rattles.

Oh, and now I have an annoying whistle as I'm driving. I've found that on the lower part of the front bumper, I must have hit a rock, and it went through that lower mesh of the front bumper. I think this might be where it's coming from.

I am thinking about taking the car in, and just telling them not to give it back until everything's taken care of. I hate to go back to BMW when I know the service is so great at my Lexus dealership.....I remember what Beemer's was like.....

I was wondering if, since I bought the first-production model, getting a newer either IS350 or 250 would solve any issues?

Sure, that might be a fix, but it sounds like an expensive one. Maybe your IS was built on a Monday morning! Sorry, but I, and probably many others, can't really relate to all of this, because I got my 350 back in April 06, and I've had ZERO issues with it. If you have had your dealer attempt to fix any of the problems, and they failed, you can probably contact an area-wide customer rep, who may have the clout with the dealer to be able to get all of them fixed properly. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

The only issue I have with my IS350 is the Nav Computer went out... 15k and not one rattle or cracking noise... Also the paint on the front that chips.. grrr

I'M AMAZED with Lexus..

So is there any known fix for the dash popping? Normally I wouldnt complain about a rattle here and there. I love listening to music which usually drowns it out, but the pop is so loud I can hear it at higher volumes. I'd also hate to bring it into the dealer for something like that, the techs only get paid like 2 hours and it probably takes 4. dont want to come across as an annoying customer.

So is there any known fix for the dash popping? Normally I wouldnt complain about a rattle here and there. I love listening to music which usually drowns it out, but the pop is so loud I can hear it at higher volumes. I'd also hate to bring it into the dealer for something like that, the techs only get paid like 2 hours and it probably takes 4. dont want to come across as an annoying customer.

I am an annoying customer, as some of you may have figured out already. I've complained about it several times. Maybe my tech guy seems to think it was related to the rattling. Next time I take it in, I will tell him about it again. It may just be something I have to live with.

I am keeping the car for now. I couldn't believe the prices when I went looking this weekend. More expensive than my car, and the same exact packages!

I think its just me being nervous. I've never own a car with a maintenance schedule, and never really complained about anything on my 2 Buicks(1991, 1987) before because I never had any one to complain to! 90% of the time took care of it my self. I guess I'll have to just get use to this thing you guys call "service". Maybe i can take apart the dash myself and try and find the problem? Or is this not advised on a lease?