Cooking?! Does It Really Matter?

jezz

I recognize the randomness of such a question, but I assume that you are a forum of mostly men... I recently had a male friend berate and insult me by saying that I would never be married if I continue to refuse to cook. He insisted that every man considers whether a woman can cook. I don't really believe him, but im interested in how much you all agree with this statement. :whistles:

Tell him hes wrong. the woman should be the ones in the kitchen! lol jkjk

lol my family is very unstereotypical. My wife cannot cook. infact, i do most of it, lmao. I hardly doubt that a woman decides if she wants to be with you based on the merit of your cooking. such a small minute detail. call him an !Removed! and move on. haha

Tell him hes wrong. the woman should be the ones in the kitchen! lol jkjk

lol my family is very unstereotypical. My wife cannot cook. infact, i do most of it, lmao. I hardly doubt that a woman decides if she wants to be with you based on the merit of your cooking. such a small minute detail. call him an !Removed! and move on. haha

lol. sorry Rx330driver, I wasn't clear.... Im a woman and he said that I'd never find a husband if I dont cook. I actually can cook, but I keep it a secret b/c i'd rather be cooked for.

I do all of the outdoor grilling because I enjoy playing with fire, believe in the old-fashioned superiority of the charcoal grill (gas grills just can't quite get that charcoal flavor and texture), and am much better at it than my wife is.

She does all of the indoor cooking because she enjoys it, watches Rachael Ray as often as she can, and is much better at it than I am (with one exception - I make better omelettes).

I do most of the post-meal clean-up because I am faster, waste far less water during the process, and can stack a dishwasher like an engineer. I don't want her anywhere near the dishwasher because her system is simply to pitch everything in anywhere. I can't stand that, particularly at unloading time....

I too believe in a sort of fifty fifty situation. I like the marrying of two different people to cook in their style, of course I love food and enjoy my wifes cooking, but I find I am cooking more than her at this stage in our lives. She Is working and I am quote retired. Barbeque is my 100% thing as my wife only burns it when she trys. I like RX would prefer to clean afterwards, as I too am more effecient (I guess the old Navy training). When we dated I remember each of us trying specialty dishes on each other. I won my wife with beer bread and a bottle of wine, oh those were the days. enjoy....

I recognize the randomness of such a question, but I assume that you are a forum of mostly men... I recently had a male friend berate and insult me by saying that I would never be married if I continue to refuse to cook. He insisted that every man considers whether a woman can cook. I don't really believe him, but im interested in how much you all agree with this statement. :whistles:

You don't have to cook if you don't want to, I do 99% of the cooking/cleaning of the kitchen in our household, I love it when she decides to cook ( 3 times a year ) maybe? Being able to and or wanting to cook is not a prerequisite for marriage, I know people who have lavish well planned elaborate kitchens and they go out everyday breakfast, lunch, dinner. and they are quite happily married. The thought that a woman has to cook is from the stoneage. ;)

I agree with DC... I too have done 99% of the cooking and enjoy it. LOL.. I call my bathroom the "Cooking Library" as it is lined with cookbooks. But my cooking doesn't stink!!! ;)

Now the cookbooks are doomed, Never to leave the "Cooking Library" :lol::lol::lol: Did you ever see the Seinfeld show when George is at the bookstore and takes a book into the Restroom ? He winds up having to buy the book and he tries to return it, but it's marked for life and he can't even give it away. :lol::lol::lol:

I recognize the randomness of such a question, but I assume that you are a forum of mostly men... I recently had a male friend berate and insult me by saying that I would never be married if I continue to refuse to cook. He insisted that every man considers whether a woman can cook. I don't really believe him, but im interested in how much you all agree with this statement.:whistles:
I think it's completely crazy to say that you'll never get married because you don't like to cook. I would, however, have a problem with a woman who does not like dogs. :D
Did you ever see the Seinfeld show when George is at the bookstore and takes a book into the Restroom ? He winds up having to buy the book and he tries to return it, but it's marked for life and he can't even give it away. :lol::lol::lol:
Hahaha, "The Bookstore...." that's one of the best episodes....

REBECCA: It's been flagged. I know. I used to work in a Brentano's. Mister, we're trying to help the homeless heare - it's bad enough that we have some nut out there trying to strap 'em to a rickshaw!

GEORGE: (Desperate to get rid of the book) Alright, I, I'll just take fifty. Do - do we have a deal?

REBECCA: Yeah, and here it is: You get your toilet book out of here, and I won't jump over this counter and punch you in the brain!

GEORGE: I could take it in merchandise..

REBECCA: (Threatening to hit him) Here I come.

And then, at the end, Newman runs over Elaine's boyfriend, Zach, with an out of control ricksaw! LOL There are a couple of references in this episode to past episodes like The Little Kicks and The Muffin Tops...both were great episodes as well!

I'm a great cook so I don't really give a crap LoL!

If she doesn't know how to cook, great. I'll teach her to make what we both like. If she has an idea how it works, that's good too. Just all the more to bring to the table.

I would like to add that the wifey changes her own oil and other small maintenance items on her es. :cheers: By the way I have been a professional chef for the better part of 30 years, No wonder the wifey doesn't bother with cooking. :lol::lol::lol:

lol. sorry Rx330driver, I wasn't clear.... Im a woman and he said that I'd never find a husband if I dont cook. I actually can cook, but I keep it a secret b/c i'd rather be cooked for.

whoa!!!! i did not see that coming. for some reason, i assumed you were a guy...lol? how steriotypical of me. very sorry

with that said, i still answered the question. my wife cant cook

If she doesn't know how to cook, great. I'll teach her to make what we both like. If she has an idea how it works, that's good too. Just all the more to bring to the table.

I would like to add that the wifey changes her own oil and other small maintenance items on her es.:cheers: By the way I have been a professional chef for the better part of 30 years, No wonder the wifey doesn't bother with cooking. :lol::lol::lol:

Nice. ;)

Hey hunnie! Roll Tide~!

;)

I would like to add that the wifey changes her own oil and other small maintenance items on her es.:cheers: By the way I have been a professional chef for the better part of 30 years, No wonder the wifey doesn't bother with cooking. :lol::lol::lol:

Nice. ;)

Hey hunnie! Roll Tide~!

;)

:D :cheers:

Well, being probably one of the most recently married members of the club, I feel it's probably worth it for me to post up on this one. Heck, I've already put my foot in my mouth twice today already.

1) Plant lady at office has some kind of rolling keg she uses to water all the plants. I said "if you had liquor in that thing, you'd be the life of the party!"......didn't realize she is a reborn christian.

2) Told my secretary she "looks nice today"...her reply? "As opposed to yesterday?"

So, what the hell, might as well strike myself out, and it's not even lunch time yet.

My wife actually wants to cook for me, but I usually pass on the offer because I simply feel guilty seeing her cook, for me. Especially when there is a perfectly good box of Cheese-its on the counter & a 6 pack in the fridge. She's actually gotten MAD at me for not having her cook! Can you believe that?? She works 45 hrs a week, and still wants to cook. I just don't feel right sitting on the couch while she is cooking. It bugs me. Guess I haven't gotten use to it yet. Do I expect her to be the cook later on? Well, it depends. If I'm the only one working, and she is a stay at home mom, then yes, I would hope she would want to be the cook. But would I divorce her if she didn't cook? Oh hell no. Besides, you get a buzz faster on an empty stomach anyway! Which translates into less money on beer, which translates into more money on car parts, tv's, and isle 7 at Lowes. And when she complains, a few dozen roses once in a while usually does the trick! "Insert foot here".

In all seriousness though, Jezz, your friend is wrong. You don't "marry" a cook. If you want a cook, you "hire" one. If he doesn't know the difference between those two phrases, then I suspect (a) he's single (b.) he's married but soon to be single © he's divorced, doesn't know how to cook, and hangs out with you in hopes to be fed!

In addition "since I'm on a roll today", the only type of food required for a happy marriage, is whipped cream. Any questions?......didn't think so.

....and....Jezz, if that's you in your avatar singing...don't worry...guys aren't checking out your kitchen, they're checking out your hotness!! Insert foot here...

Back to my cave.

PS: Ralph, thanks for the offer on some LA Gumbo from a few years back, but I have to pass now. Jeezzz man, in the crapper?? No holiday fudge for me!! Hahahaaa....oh that's bad..

PPS: ROOOOLLLLLLL TIDE!!!!

AUBURN SUCKS! SO DOES DUKE!

Well, being probably one of the most recently married members of the club, I feel it's probably worth it for me to post up on this one. Heck, I've already put my foot in my mouth twice today already.

1) Plant lady at office has some kind of rolling keg she uses to water all the plants. I said "if you had liquor in that thing, you'd be the life of the party!"......didn't realize she is a reborn christian.

2) Told my secretary she "looks nice today"...her reply? "As opposed to yesterday?"

So, what the hell, might as well strike myself out, and it's not even lunch time yet.

My wife actually wants to cook for me, but I usually pass on the offer because I simply feel guilty seeing her cook, for me. Especially when there is a perfectly good box of Cheese-its on the counter & a 6 pack in the fridge. She's actually gotten MAD at me for not having her cook! Can you believe that?? She works 45 hrs a week, and still wants to cook. I just don't feel right sitting on the couch while she is cooking. It bugs me. Guess I haven't gotten use to it yet. Do I expect her to be the cook later on? Well, it depends. If I'm the only one working, and she is a stay at home mom, then yes, I would hope she would want to be the cook. But would I divorce her if she didn't cook? Oh hell no. Besides, you get a buzz faster on an empty stomach anyway! Which translates into less money on beer, which translates into more money on car parts, tv's, and isle 7 at Lowes. And when she complains, a few dozen roses once in a while usually does the trick! "Insert foot here".

In all seriousness though, Jezz, your friend is wrong. You don't "marry" a cook. If you want a cook, you "hire" one. If he doesn't know the difference between those two phrases, then I suspect (a) he's single (b.) he's married but soon to be single © he's divorced, doesn't know how to cook, and hangs out with you in hopes to be fed!

In addition "since I'm on a roll today", the only type of food required for a happy marriage, is whipped cream. Any questions?......didn't think so.

....and....Jezz, if that's you in your avatar singing...don't worry...guys aren't checking out your kitchen, they're checking out your hotness!! Insert foot here...

Back to my cave.

PS: Ralph, thanks for the offer on some LA Gumbo from a few years back, but I have to pass now. Jeezzz man, in the crapper?? No holiday fudge for me!! Hahahaaa....oh that's bad..

ROTFLMAO :lol::lol::lol::cheers: Empty stomach ??? At least have a bowl of corn flakes :lol::lol::lol: Good Morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife actually wants to cook for me, but I usually pass on the offer because I simply feel guilty seeing her cook, for me. Especially when there is a perfectly good box of Cheese-its on the counter & a 6 pack in the fridge. She's actually gotten MAD at me for not having her cook! Can you believe that?? She works 45 hrs a week, and still wants to cook. I just don't feel right sitting on the couch while she is cooking. It bugs me. Guess I haven't gotten use to it yet. Do I expect her to be the cook later on? Well, it depends. If I'm the only one working, and she is a stay at home mom, then yes, I would hope she would want to be the cook. But would I divorce her if she didn't cook? Oh hell no. Besides, you get a buzz faster on an empty stomach :D anyway! Which translates into less money on beer, which translates into more money on car parts, tv's, and isle 7 at Lowes. And when she complains, a few dozen roses once in a while usually does the trick! "Insert foot here".

Back to my cave.

HAHA... THANKS FOR THE REASSURANCE GUYS... I HAD FAITH THAT ALL MEN COULDN'T ALL ABOUT HAVING A COOKING WOMAN. :) :D :lol:

My wife actually wants to cook for me, but I usually pass on the offer because I simply feel guilty seeing her cook, for me. Especially when there is a perfectly good box of Cheese-its on the counter & a 6 pack in the fridge. She's actually gotten MAD at me for not having her cook! Can you believe that?? She works 45 hrs a week, and still wants to cook. I just don't feel right sitting on the couch while she is cooking. It bugs me. Guess I haven't gotten use to it yet. Do I expect her to be the cook later on? Well, it depends. If I'm the only one working, and she is a stay at home mom, then yes, I would hope she would want to be the cook. But would I divorce her if she didn't cook? Oh hell no. Besides, you get a buzz faster on an empty stomach :D anyway! Which translates into less money on beer, which translates into more money on car parts, tv's, and isle 7 at Lowes. And when she complains, a few dozen roses once in a while usually does the trick! "Insert foot here".

Back to my cave.

HAHA... THANKS FOR THE REASSURANCE GUYS... I HAD FAITH THAT ALL MEN COULDN'T ALL ABOUT HAVING A COOKING WOMAN. :) :D :lol:

Anytime, What's for dinner hunnie ? :lol: