So Was Anyone Here Hit By The Black Out?

bbsal

so anyone here hit by the black out.i know some of you live in canada and i heard they were hit with alot of looting.hmm i wonder were sk is??lol just kidding!i wasnt effected but i know new york and about 7 other states were.

I'm just south of Boston, the only thing not lighting up here are the Red Sox. :angry: :(

Actually sk hasn't posted for a few days previous to the blackout. I wonder if he is on a vacation without a computer. We all need to do that once in a while. If not, I hope all is well.

steviej

yea hes probably just chillin in the dark right now saying dame i cant go on the computer!!lol.i still think somethings fishy about the whole thing.first a virus messes up thousands of the governments computers now the lights go out???doesnt sound right to me.

Yup, I was hit yesterday at exactly 4:11¾PM. I didn't get my power back until this evening until about 7:00PM. I live in a top floor apartment so it got pretty hot...90º. I was more worried about the food in my freezer spoiling, but luckily it was OK. A couple of times I walked down 6 flights of stairs and got in my car to cool off with the air conditioner. :rolleyes:

Best thing is the power plant. They showed film of the plant with not just smoke, but hot flames shooting out of the stacks, then Bloomberg says "There was no fire, smoke coming from the stacks when the boilers are off is normal" BS! We SAW the flames! After that, everyone said they were mistaken like good puppets and the film of the flaming plant was never shown again.

Something is very wrong I agree.

ok i am back

thanks for caring guys

:blushing:

yah i did get hit

i didn't get to check the site for a day or so before

and was scared as hell to see the list of posts

since i do the check all new posts thing which is usually 5 pages a day for the usa forums

thnak goodness i had gas in my barbeque

had 10 family members over and had a pitch black party

thank goodness for my company truck with a full tank of gas a/c

and my electric cooler in the back

then we watched the 70's kung fu movie, drunken master with Jackie Chan in my car

aws a great night actually

people finally became caring again

something which i haven't seen since 9/11

as bad as both of these times were it brought out the best in people and the community

which i think is great

and i was trying for hours after to get back online

i got my power back after 8 hours at midnight

and up until 4 this morning i could not log in

well i hope everyone else had a good time bonding with family

sometimes the worst of times can be the best of them as well

i think most teenager spoke to there parents more in that night than they did all year

btw check out the new location

<----

i saw this on a T shirt at caribana and thought it was hilarious

so i added a new black out part

and there was no problems in toronto a drop of looting from stupid people here and there but nothing much at all

i even got out my safety vest hard hat and cones

and directed traffic for a couple of hours

while people pelted water bottles at me in appreciation

i think the bottles where more of a hazard than the cars

:lol: