Rear License Plate Screws

spta97

I got a new plate frame for my GF's RX300 and ran into the usual issues with the front bumper rusted screws / bolts :chairshot: as well as the rear plastic screws snapping.

Anyway, the plate rattles now because it is a metal frame so I am thinking of tapping new M6x1.0 threads into the dimples that are marked for the bottom screws on the rear plate. Has anyone done this?

Should I just use double sided tape? I don't want to screw things up but I don't think tape will hold very well.

Thanks..

go to home depot and buy the 3M double sided adhesive tape with the red backing. that stuff will just about hold anything, but isn't so strong that you cannot remove it when needed.

anyway, i used thin adhesive-backed foam insulation strips meant for sealing windows and doors to stop ours from rattling.

Find a way to remove the old bolts. It is a problm from non stainless screws being used to mount them. I had a similar problem on my LS and the dealer drilled them out. Problem being it was on a slant and drilled a new hole which leaked.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will not be tapping new screws into the rear plate but I do have some double sided tape that should do the trick.

Now to take off the front bumper AGAIN to put in the new hardware and stainless steel screws :huh: