High Beam Wont Turn Off?

indiasfinest

i will have to check, does it stay in the position? or is it just push it and it comes back at you, when i tried i did not push it i just turned the knob from auto to some other position (cant remember)....its moms car so i will check tomorow night...thanks for the help..

i will have to check, does it stay in the position? or is it just push it and it comes back at you, when i tried i did not push it i just turned the knob from auto to some other position (cant remember)....its moms car so i will check tomorow night...thanks for the help..

see it's easy to push the stick forward. Try this. pull the stick as far back as you can (pretending you're flashing ur high beams at someone) and let go. Then turn the stick (and carefully turning it so you dont push it forward) and see if the high beams are still on when going thru park, headlight, and auto. ;)

um...well its night time...do they still run? when i look at the headlights the little bulb to the left (or right)is on as well as the main one and it is pretty bright, the light on the dash for high beam is also on...

edit: yah we fixed it, if you push the lever forward it stays there and stays on high beam, if you pull it back it comes back towards the middle, thanks guys

No Comment!

hey G-man cut me some slack i dont drive, and mom and technology dont go togethor very well, thanks again SK and den for yor help...

Come on guys. Chill a bit. G Man, we all have our own questions or concerns and situations. Now a question that may sound stupid to a single person, could be very important to another. This is what LOC is here for. Besides, this topic was never posted here before so as india mentioned, cut a little slack this time. ;)

Btw remember that your DRLs are always on( after you release your handbrake ) unless you turn on your headlights. ;)

I had the dealer turn off the DRL's on my 06 GX. I will not own any vehicle if the DRL's cannot be turned off.

Lexus is lucky that they offer the option to have the dealer disable those things. Many times when I see a GX on the road, one of the DRL's is burnt out. That means that they don't have a front turn signal on that side of the vehicle. Very unsafe in my book.

Btw remember that your DRLs are always on( after you release your handbrake ) unless you turn on your headlights. ;)

I had the dealer turn off the DRL's on my 06 GX. I will not own any vehicle if the DRL's cannot be turned off.

Lexus is lucky that they offer the option to have the dealer disable those things. Many times when I see a GX on the road, one of the DRL's is burnt out. That means that they don't have a front turn signal on that side of the vehicle. Very unsafe in my book.

Not true. I've had both my turn signals burn out (one at a time, not both at one time) and what happens is that the only way (aside from obviously seeing the light in the garage) to know that you have a burnt bulb is that the signal flashers flash really quickly. It does look ugly IMO when there's only one DRL on but hey, that's life.

Bobs GX, how did you disable it? Did the dealer put a little computer thingy to disable it? I was about to post here on how to actually (possibly, but not sure) REMOVE the DRL flasher assembly. I've compared the under dash of both my 4Runner and GX and they seem pretty similar in setup (aside from extra plastic coverings and a couple more wires). IF anyone's interested, PM me or reply here if you want to remove it. But then again, it can simply be de-activated by the dealer but who knows! Maybe one day you might wanna swap flasher assemblies with a 4th gen 4Runner who wants DRLs!!! ;)

interesting i bet a handful of people would highly disagree with you, me being one of them. personally i think DRLs are nice, have them on all three of my cars. but i think that a turn signal is far more important than a DRL.

Not true. I've had both my turn signals burn out (one at a time, not both at one time) and what happens is that the only way (aside from obviously seeing the light in the garage) to know that you have a burnt bulb is that the signal flashers flash really quickly. It does look ugly IMO when there's only one DRL on but hey, that's life.

Bobs GX, how did you disable it? Did the dealer put a little computer thingy to disable it? I was about to post here on how to actually (possibly, but not sure) REMOVE the DRL flasher assembly. I've compared the under dash of both my 4Runner and GX and they seem pretty similar in setup (aside from extra plastic coverings and a couple more wires). IF anyone's interested, PM me or reply here if you want to remove it. But then again, it can simply be de-activated by the dealer but who knows! Maybe one day you might wanna swap flasher assemblies with a 4th gen 4Runner who wants DRLs!!! ;)

The dealer turned off the DRL's using their computer. It took all of 5 minutes. However many dealers will say they can't do it. The fact is, they don't know how to do it since most people are to timid to ask to have the DRL's turned off. But the info is listed in the Lexus Repair Manual on how to disable the DRL's. I had it done on my 05 GX and then on my 06 GX. I will not purchase any vehicle if the DRL's could not be disabled by myself or the dealership. The only countries that I believe DRL's are mandatory on all vehicles is Canada and Sweden and maybe another country or two up near Sweden. So I will never be moving to those countries.