Window Tint

I have a picture of a car that I saw at a local CL meet, and then saw it on other cars (aware of it now).

It starts as silver mirror at the bottom of the window and fades/transitions into just dark/black tint at the top of the window. TOTALLY AWESOME.

yep,had that exact tint on my old mazda and got pulled over several times for the tint and finally had to take it off!does look awsome though and really looks good on black cars!i would say go with 20 percent black tint.its legal and looks good. B)

eww, i don't really like that transition from silver into black thing...

in terms of tint, i have a non reflective tint because it doesn't catch the eye as much as a reflective tint does. that way, hopefully my front window tints won't catch the cop's eye. i have 20 percent on my backs, and 35 percent on my fronts. so far, haven't been pulled over, but whatever tint you have on the front, during the day, it's usually not gonna get you noticed much by the cops, but during the night, any tint will look really really dark (this comes from a cop who's a friend) and so during the night, it won't matter what percent tint you have on the front, you're more likely to get pulled over. however, during the day, a lighter tint won't really get you noticed much, unless the cop is having a bad day or is just bored and wants to be nitpicky... :chairshot:

"It starts as silver mirror at the bottom of the window and fades/transitions into just dark/black tint at the top of the window"

steviej: that is the silver metallic tint... (like a mirror)... depend on the angle you look at it and angle of light (the sun)... it will be silver reflect... and the other part will be black...

silver: (I like most)... silver metallic probably will make ES looks more sportier..

but.. yeah.. I'm afraid of the crown victoria...

dark black: is it too dark for silver car

light black: light black will keep the elegance look of ES...

front light, rear dark black:...

"20 in back.. and 35 in front"

chillaxin: how does it look..?...

or should I go 35 for all windows (uniform)...

Thanks all,

it definitely doesn't look as awesome as it would've if i had put it just straight 20s or 35s, but thatz just during the day. at night, you can't distinguish the variance in tint. itz seriously a dilemma though. the 35s aren't dark enough, especially for the back, but the 20s are too dark for the front.

Hey guys.. I'm looking to re-tint also.. So am interested in this thread... In Japan, thier really isnt any laws about anything here. So I can tint as dark as I want. But at the end of the day, I want to be able to see out of the thing, and still keep the eligance of my vehicle!

I too have a silver ES. 1996... So am interested at what to go with.. At the moment, there is a very light bluey-green color in the all the windows, and along the top of the front.. It actually suites the silver car as I also have a black interior...

So what I am suggesting is that maybe we can all throw our pics up and look at what we all have, and discuss it.. That way we can guage as best we can visually what we may be looking for?

:ph34r: Chris :ph34r:

where exactly in so cal, which county? the place i got my windows tinted, they service orange county only. actually, to be more specific, these guys actually drive out to your place to do the window tinting, so if you're just at home or at work, they'll be doing it while you get to just chill. So if you're anywhere else and you drive over to their shop to get your windows tinted, they'll do it for you haha :P i found two places that are really popular, the place i did it at and another place in la county, so if you let me know where you live, i can refer you to the right one. and if you're down in san diego... hahaha sorry, i wouldn't know anywhere in san diego :P

ok, found the info!

the place that i got my car windows tinted at is called "wintech" and they're based out of costa mesa. their website is www.wintechtinting.com/automotive.htm and if you want to call them, just click on contact us for the phone number.

this place is good because they actually do not use a metal based tint. metal based tints have the potential to actually interfere with the integrated radio antenna that's in the rear window, along with the gps navigation receiver that's in the rear window also. there have been cars that have not had this problem, and there have been cars that did have that problem, so it might be kind of based on the car and the manufacturer or quality of tint. the radio is usually ok for fm channels, but i think that it does for sure mess with the am channels.

also, wintech uses a tint that has the best lifetime warranty out there. as i've described in other posts about this topic, there is basically a few different types of warranty. one is a very limited in time warranty, which usually covers basic things like bubbling and cracking in the tint. the next best is probably a lifetime warranty against bubbling and cracking in the tint. the one after that is probably a lifetime warranty against bubbling, cracking, and purpling (i'm sure you've seen many a car with that ugly purple tint, they didn't get it like that, but it changes color on you, i wish these people would change their tint haha :chairshot: ) and the best i've seen is a lifetime warranty against bubbling, cracking, purpling, AND fading. fading usually happens with all tints, because the sun is basically gonna wear down the tint, but the tint that wintech uses has a lifetime warranty against that.

ok, hope that helps, lemme know how it goes :D