What Grade Of Gas Do You Use For Your Rx400h

The manual says RX400h can use 87 grade gas. Some people said use higher grade gas is good for the vehicle, gas mileage, and the environment. Our RX400h is already a environmental friendly vehicle. I am more concern about the gas grade to the vehicle. I usually filled up my RX400h with 89 gas. What grade of gas do you use?

The manual says RX400h can use 87 grade gas. Some people said use higher grade gas is good for the vehicle, gas mileage, and the environment. Our RX400h is already a environmental friendly vehicle. I am more concern about the gas grade to the vehicle. I usually filled up my RX400h with 89 gas. What grade of gas do you use?

We also use mid-grade (89) name brand between Shell and Chevron with premium when we are heading up into the Sierras. (16,000 miles on our 400h)

87 (Regular) works just fine for us. I use Arco and haven't had any problems for almost one year now. I agree that once per year, a can of Techron is a good idea.

I run 87 octane and 89 if its the same price. I was planing on seeing if there is a proformance change between what I have been running and premium once summer comes around. I purchase gas from all stations. I just make sure I never fill up when the tanker truck is there.

I run 87 octane and 89 if its the same price. I was planing on seeing if there is a proformance change between what I have been running and premium once summer comes around. I purchase gas from all stations. I just make sure I never fill up when the tanker truck is there.

:blink: Why is that?

The sales person told me that its okay if i use the mid grade, so i did, and i noticed gas milage was lower and that the transmission was more jerky than the normal hesitation on the rx330. So i went back to premium gas and ive been using that for 2 years. I also only use Chevron on my cars, i really dont like mixing additives in the gas. lol im just weird like that

I believe that he was referring to the idea that when they fill the tanks at a gas station, it stirs up sediment and water in the tanks. Neither is desirable in your car.

The sales person told me that its okay if i use the mid grade, so i did, and i noticed gas milage was lower and that the transmission was more jerky than the normal hesitation on the rx330. So i went back to premium gas and ive been using that for 2 years. I also only use Chevron on my cars, i really dont like mixing additives in the gas. lol im just weird like that

Chevron mixes Techron in their pump gas. The problem I have with Chevron is their price - generally much higher tha Arco or even Shell.

I believe that he was referring to the idea that when they fill the tanks at a gas station, it stirs up sediment and water in the tanks. Neither is desirable in your car.

Thanks Jim, you hit it right on the head.

Chevron mixes Techron in their pump gas. The problem I have with Chevron is their price - generally much higher tha Arco or even Shell.

Yes, i know chevron uses techron, its in their name...but i mean i dont like mixing shell with texaco with chevron...too many brands. Shell in the bay area and 76 is usually the most expensive... :whistles: