Tune In 12:25 Pm 01/08/06 For The 07 Ls460 Reveal!

If yo uget the reclining back seats and stuff (taken from the Maybach), does that mean its a 4 seater? lol. Also, the side view makes the tail lights look like a BMW 5 series. Do we know a price yet?!!!! maybe in the 80K range? Stand back S550 Mercedes!

ANyone notice there arent any pedals!?! lmao

Edited by Rx330driver

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

time to get a real job... n not work for UPS at crap pay... either that... or i need to rob a bank. *sigh*

But kidding aside... i love it. I already love the LS430... n that was my dream car. I still love my baby... the 1st Gen LS.

N e one know the winning lottery numbers?

How does that auto parking work? I'm so curious as to how that function will work. I can't imagine how that will work in NYC. Perhaps in a smaller place it might seem fine... but i think i would b nervous parallel parking in Manhattan... when u got bicycle riders, buses, crazy !Removed! taxis, n cars n loads of pedestrians. I know... i wont b parking it out on da street... definitely bring it to a garage to park it.

Thanks for da pics. Now at $8.50/hr... how long will it take me to save 88k plus taxes that i'll have to pay for it. *Sigh* :cries:

Check it out:

http://lexus.jp/ms/2006detroit/

A very nice page from the Japanese Lexus site with some cool pix and cool videos (I think these are the videos they showed at the press intro). They also have a page for the LF-Sh which has more videos and some other pictures...the two cars seem to be identical save some trim bits and badging.

All in all very impressed; much nicer than some of the spy pix would suggest.

:cheers:

While I will miss the more 'classical' (and I know some of you say boxy) looks of previous LS models this one manages to be aggressive and muscular without going over the top (i.e. the banglized 7 series or the fender-flared S-Class). If this is what the L-Finesse means I'm all for it; this design seems truly original. SWB and LWB models both wear it well. It looks mighty swoopy, I hope that they didn't cut headroom that I like so much in previous models.

I echo Blake and Steve's sentiment about buttons, buttons and more buttons! Also buttons you can SEE and READ at a glance--does anybody else think the new S-Class buttons are too small and clumped together? Pix of the NAV screen also indicate the touch screen has survived....good! No odious control knob! I will miss the cleaner look of previous interiors, but this one manages to incorporate all those controls without looking like the space shuttle or a video game gone bad.

There are some oddities (massage rear seat only on right hand side? only 1 footrest?) but perhaps these will be smoothed out before production starts. But the power and tranny should be fantastic--380 horses-- 8 speeds. I'll bet the hybrid version really kicks a__. Seemingly no AWD for the non-hybrid powertrain, at least for the first year.

I'll bet those guys in Stuttgart and Munich are worried......very worried

I guess Lexus has put to bed the classic "Looks like a Mercedes" Will the shoe fit on the other foot? :whistles: What can Mercedes come up with now that Lexus has finally beat them to the punch...woe, alas there must be midnight oil burning in Stuttgart to see if they can top this. Maybe they can, I would not want the challenge..but then again I am not a visionary ;)

Only the right rear seat in the LWB version may get a recliner with leg rest because it looks like it depends on the front passenger seat being moved substantially forward. Perhaps the LWB should have been another few inches longer. The Maybach 62 has to have a huge wheelbase to accomodate a recliner with a leg rest:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...imagesr&start=2

I used to think I didn't buy cars because of what they look like but the LS460 looks very nice, at least in photos, compared to the exterior look of the LS430 which I detest.

A short wheel base LS460 might be in my future once I get enough years out of the current LS to satisfy my wife.

Thanks for that...but what does that have to do with the massager? lol. Also, even though its cool to have a recliner, it doesnt seem practical that theres no middle seat...also, you would have to get outa the car to move to the other side. I have 4 people in the family but still, how inconvenient! The front is nice, but the back will take some getting used to

Finally lexus's exterior designing is getting alot better. Tires are too skinny for the car just like every other japanese cars. Lexus is changing their direction alot in designing. Have you seen the LF-A (i think)concept? I have never seen any car like it. Toyota in generally is getting bigger becomming the largest the car manufactorer after GM falls (which in reality they have shot themselves in the foot and trying to recover). Toyota Supra, Lexus IS450, facelifted SC.

The only sad part is, Lexus does not sell in Europe. I believe they sold only 16,000 UNITS!!! in 2005. Hopfully this car can handle for the autobahn! (yes i go to germany alot)

Well guys surprise!!! there are recliners on both sides.. It seems the standard ls460 is your cup of tea.. no rear console. Am i missing something?? :blink: 90 ls400 "detest" is a powerful word. You should learn to use it sparingly and behind closed doors and not on this forum, especially. :pirate: "rudeness is an awakeaning to inner strife" "quote" RFeldes. :D

RF- Jim was just stating his opinion, and he's entitled to it. He didn't say it was ugly or down it, he simply said he didn't like it. We're all different and we have to be tolerant of each others opinions. Trust me, I have a third gen ES...you get used to people "detesting" the styling of your car LOL. You like yours and I like mine, all that matters.

As for the tires, I believe the rationale against wider tires is that they generate more noise, correct me if I'm wrong.

As for stitching, on the CL and UL everything but the tops of the door panels and the top of the dash is stitched in leather. I'm sure the LS460 will be the same way. At any rate, high quality rubberized plastic probably lasts longer anyways and provided its of good quality it doesn't bother me.

Anyways heres the stitching on that LS430 you posted a link to:

845763_55.jpg

I like the new car more everytime I see it, I'm opening an "LS account" tomorrow LOL. Unfortunately it'll have to be funded after the "Buy a house account" LOL, but it'll get me in one sometime after the bugs have been worked out.

What I like most about the car, and this is something I think they lost with the LS430, is that its very smooth. Every panel seems to belong with the other panels and the LS430 (IMHO) just isn't that way. It also bears more than a passing resemblance to the 98-00LS in the front, which I think is still the most attractive of the LS'. Although the 04+ is growing on me too.

New pics from www.lexus.com

lsPrev_img_main_1.jpg

lsPrev_img_main_2.jpg

lsPrev_img_main_3.jpg

lsPrev_img_main_4.jpg

lsPrev_th_5_on.gif

lsPrev_img_main_6.jpg

lsPrev_img_main_7.jpg

lsPrev_img_main_8.jpg

As far as that rear seat is concerned, I wouldn't be too concerned about that, its just an option. Both the S class and the 7 have 4 place seating options and you very rarely ever see them. In fact I've never seen one in person. I suspect it will be much the same way with the LS, the car with the 4 place seating package will be sold mainly to people who use drivers etc. Its just not practical for everybody else. Personally to me, I wouldn't sink that much money into the rear seat when I'm never ever going to ride back there anyways.

But, it shows that Lexus is finally learning that some options you've got to offer just for the sake of offering them. If Benz and BMW has it, they've got to have it too.

I'm sure the windows are tinted from the factory, all cars today are pretty much and Lexus actually tends to tint the windows fairly dark from the factory.

And I seriously doubt the car is going to cost 80k, at least not most versions of it. I bet you'll be able to get one very nicely equipped for $65k. LWB models like that one with the 4 place seating package, the auto park and things like that might set you back 80k, but its gonna be "not quite" $80k, $78k or something.

That car for instance, the SWB one in the pictures with the standard back seat will be $65k or so I bet. Maybe even less.

I heard that the car was going to be about $4k more than the car now, but things like nav, smart access, Mark Levinson etc are going to be standard and that outside of the package increases there aren't going to be a lot of options. The LS now starts at almost $55k, so add $4-5k you're at $59-60k. A 2006 LS430 with the modern luxury package (Nav, ML, smart access) is $64k.

The modern luxury package accounts for probably 85% of LS sales, and they don't even make the CL and UL cars except for special order anymore because they never sold. This LS will be the same way. You'll probably see most sales being the SWB car for now, with buyers for the LWB car coming over from 7s and S's. They'll be mid model cars though, no reclining rear 4 place seats, no auto park, etc. $75k tops. The 750Li and the S500 for instance can be crazy expensive, $100k expensive, but most of them are mid model and the price hangs in the mid to high 70s.

I'm sure the windows are tinted from the factory, all cars today are pretty much and Lexus actually tends to tint the windows fairly dark from the factory.

Im talking DARK, like onth eback of trucks and SUV's... you cant hardly see in the rear window of a tahoe...

I don't think most people would like that for one, I personally wouldn't. For another thing its not legal on a car in all 50 states.

Window tinting is so easy to do its probably best left to people who want to do it.

I edited my above post too, check it out.

Edited by SW03ES

I don't think most people would like that for one, I personally wouldn't. For another thing its not legal on a car in all 50 states.

Window tinting is so easy to do its probably best left to people who want to do it.

Its 50 state legal, cause there are tahoe, suburban, escalades, blazers, f150's, durangos and every other car with 15%-20% factory tint on the road, in every state.

but i see where you are coming from about the preference... :)

Those are SUVs. Why do you think the front two windows on SUVs aren't tinted to match?

And I doubt the tint is 15-20%. 35-40% maybe.

i know people in the industry and i had the tint on dads F150 metered before we had 5% put over it, it was 15% factory.

no we cant see out the back at night LOL.

i know why the front 2 arent tinted to match.

i was simply saying i dont understand why they havent done it on cars yet, especially higher end ones. you have proven the point that it wouldnt suit the needs of the buyer and if it does than its something that can be added on at marginal cost. point taken. I see where you are coming from. I would still like to see it offered though, even if it was a special order option, because at some point, tint added to the glass via film fades, cracks, scratches, peels or dulls. tint from the factory, where the glass would actually be tinted, not a film placed over it, wont do any of the above.

just my taqke on things...other than that, i love the car. kudo's to lexus, just when you thought it couldnt get any better!

I just don't think there's a demand for it, to spend the time to manufacture an entirely different peice of glass, when you can't really special order these cars anyways for maybe, 1/2% of the buyers who would opt for it just isn't feasible.

Great post Steve and thanks for showing us the new Lexus and the rest of you guys. A very exciting day, to say the least. Much appreciated, you guys did great!!! Last thing I can say, as a previous 400 owner, the 430 is the next step, Love them both, and I look forward to the 460 and 600 to be another step forward. Nothing like the "Pursuit"