Brand New Rx330 Cranks But Does Not Start

Baykal

I regret to start with a bad News. I was stranded with my 2006 Brand New Lexus RX330 at 130 miles at Christmas Eve Yesterday. I am still in a shock. I parked the car to make some shopping. When I came back, I turned the key it cranked but it Did NOT start. The cranking was pwerful, the lights were ok. So it is not a battery proble for sure. The road assistance arrived, they did not do anything. They Just pulled up the car the Lexus Dealer (can u conjure up the image of a brand new Lexus RX330 2006`s rising up in the air over a tow truck?). Now brand new Lexus is at the silent parking lot of dealer`s service waiting to be checked after the holiday season.

I am very frustarated and am scared to death even at the thought of the idea what would have been if I had been stranded in a remote area or for example at Sugar Mountain during this holiday with a non-starting car at freezing degrees, which Thanks God I had given up. I am desperately thinking now what the problem is, weather it is a major problem, weather I will be told honestly by the service about the problem, how from now on, I would confidently drive this car everywhere to mountains,seaside, and country side...

A very bad surprize with all my Christmas plans cancelled, with all the frustrations and more importantly the loss of the enthusiasm of driving a car for which u paid a fortune.

Does anybody have an idea or a similar experience.

Best Regards and a Merry Christmas.

Baykal

I am so sorry to hear of your bad luck. Funny Lexus says they will support you 24/7 but your car sits their silently waiting for Service to open on Monday or Tuesday. Hope they treat you with respect and get you on the road fast, You deserve no less. I personally will never buy another Lexus, They are over rated and not worth the money you pay for them. Good Luck Merry Christmas.

If it turns over fine , it may be the security system lock out as it is too new for something to break.

I would probably try and lock all the doors then open the drivers door with the key not fob and try and start the car.

It is somewhat common with immobiliser systems to lock up occasionally.

Edited by SKperformance

Thank you all for the information and the sympathy you have forwarded.

To update the situation, I am glad to inform you that after my morning calls to Johson Lexus Raleigh, their General Manager personally brought me a car loaner and expressed his sorrow about the situation. The service being closed also Today, he informed me they will only be able to take care of the problem Tomorrow. Upon my concerns of the future reliability, he told me that if the same problem should repeat just another time they will take the car back. It was a nice gesture of him to come in person and bring another Lexus.

As one of the follow-up reply suggested, he also brought attention that it might be a problem in the security system. They will check and see after Tomorrow when the service starts working.

Best Regards;

Baykal

I am so sorry to hear of your bad luck. Funny Lexus says they will support you 24/7 but your car sits their silently waiting for Service to open on Monday or Tuesday. Hope they treat you with respect and get you on the road fast, You deserve no less. I personally will never buy another Lexus, They are over rated and not worth the money you pay for them. Good Luck Merry Christmas.

They did support. Towed the car, gave a loaner car, and will work on the problem. What more support did they promise?

About my Lexus RX 330, Today I Received a phone call from the Lexus service. To begin with, the problem is NOT with the security system.

What they told me at the phone was that the problem was with the wiring system. A wire was naked due to the braking system or lights (this was vague: the manager told me for the time being that much he knows) and the main fuse for the ignition burned. They said they changed the wire and the car is running now. Still he asked me to keep the car overnight to check and see everything is ok.

Tomorrrow when I get the service report in detail, I will let you know.

Does this seem logical?

Best Regards;

I know this is weird but when you pick up your car ask the service advisor specifically what wire was causing the short to cause the fuseable link to burn. It may help others.

Today I got my 2 weeks old Lexus back from the service. Normally it did not last that long. But I was not at home to get it back on Thursday.

The problem with my Lexus turning but not starting turned out to be the main fuse blowing due to a short. The service note reads exactly like this: "247 parking brake pedal assembly wore insulation off of wire causing fuse to blow and engine not to start. " The service says the wire bunch was not well protected off the parking brake assembly in the factory.

The car is ok now. I should also deliver my thanks to Raleigh, NC, Johnson Lexus team both Sales and Service for their help and follow-up.

So u guys be careful using pedals especially parking brake, not to to be stranded somewhere in the country.

I have been so frustrated but I feel now ok. I hope all have been resolved so that it does not repeat. I want to thank you again for the sympathy that you have showed me. It is good to be a part of this family.

I wish you all A Very Happy New Year.

Baykal

Edited by Baykal