A/c Light Blinking?

SW03ES

Heres an interesting one for you. Today for some reason the little green light that comes on when you push the "A/C" button on the HVAC controls blinks steadily when the system is on. Its 60 degrees here so I had the A/C on in the car. Seems to cool okay, any idea what the deal with that might be?

Search , i always wanted to tell you that.

lMAO

it is because the compressor is sensing lockup but it usually shuts down the a/c system at the same time.. There is a a thread in general maintance section ( i think) on how to acess the codes through the display.

Glad I bought that extended warranty

A/C indicator light blinks This means your A/C compressor is locked. It's happened to me before and I needed a new (rebuilt) compressor installed.

Yikes.

i noticed this coming on for my Girlfriend's car when it's raining. Especially if there is a puddle that we ran over or something like that. I dont know wut it is... but when it blinks... i usually push the button to shut the AC off... n then i click it again to turn it back on... n it works back like normal.

A/C quit working totally today for a while (it was like 70 deg too), but now its back to normal, no blinking light at all...

Replace your serpinitine belt first, it may be slippig. have you noticed a drop in your voltage lately?

otherwise it may be the compressor. my ES250 did the same thing in the rain, would flash for a few minutes. If you switched it off and then back on it worked normally. but then sometimes int he rain it wouldnt work at all. i replaced the serp belt after i fixed the oil leaks and it never came back. the owners manual stated:

"If the light blinks steadily for any amount of time, consult your lexus dealer for A/C System Service."

Edited by ArmyofOne