Why The Huge Filter Debate?

ZINFANDEL22

I agree monarch is a very hard headed member who always "thinks" he is right by repeating himself over and over and over again like we missed the first posts he made.

For once in this thread he was stating things simply , do i agree with them not really as people who mod cars are just as varied as one who do repairs. It can go either way in regards to replacement parts.

Is there something you personally have a problem with in regards to Monarch in this thread Bartkat?

I already said it. About the "regional nationalists" and crap like that. Has no business on a car board or thread. If the dude needs to vent his political views, then he should be doing it somewhere else. I'm just plain tired of some of those repeated little innuendos from such elitists.

I think Monarch is wrong on some points, & he just typed too much to express himself. <cough> I know someone else that tends to do that <cough> LoL!

It's just opinions, who really gives a *BLEEP*? The outcome of this thread isn't very meaningful. So Monarch likes to pay out the wahoo for stuff & the rest of us don't. Nobody is wrong, as long as he's happy about his choice & we're happy about ours.

I think we all should care a little bit less about this topic LoL!

Remember, nothing says "I love you" like Honey Baked Ham!

Hell... I don't even use an air filter.

Toys R Me said I shouldn't have to, unless I live in a really dusty area. I know it's not necessarily good at all for my engine, nor does anyone have to follow anyone else's advice but their own, but it makes a bad-!Removed! growl at full throttle that even impressed my friend who drives a heavily modded S4. :whistles:

Ya I did LoL!

My valves / combustion chamber goodies were the same conditioin after what 6 months of it. It'd have been obvious if there were a problem. That includes the stint with the filterless turbo over-spinning & smacking it's housing. That broke chunks out of the impellor & aluminum housing. Happens to every turbo engine at some point. Small chunks of metal thrown into the engine. I never found anyone actually finding damage from such things.

Now contanimates in a lubrication, or coolant supply - thats bad tho LoL!

^ The obvious problem is moisture, but remember it's an AFM. No moisture to get on anything. (Just thought I'd dispell that before someone brought up a dirty MAF)

It's really hard to tell what Monarch is talking about half the time. He's all over the map 

That was the point I was trying to make actually.....thanks bart! ;)

Wasen't trying to start an arguement on OEM vs. Aftermarket sk (nor do I think monarch was talking about sparkplugs)........I thought monarch's 'analogy' & opinion of autoparts stores compared to the dealer was a little too general is all... that's why I tried to narrow it down to the ridculous with the tune up parts comment.......keep in mind, originally it was about oil filters here.........that's why I said what I did. ;) But as most of these threads go......it has once again got a tad out of hand. :rolleyes:

:cheers:

I'm going to re-close this but I just wanted to add something for everyone else to think about.

We have rules on this forum that govern how our members are allowed to post, but aside from anything abusive or rude we really can't be censoring the things that people say. Yes Monarch can be very stubborn at times and it is irritating, and yes he'd been moderated before for breaking the rules, but honestly I don't see how he broke ANY rules here. He has an opinion, he's entitled to it, and everybody's got to respect it.

As for leaving over one member, I don't know why anyone would do that, especially since the "offending" member doesn't post all that much anymore when you could just use the ignore feature to ignore all that member's posts. Thats what its for...

We can't be censoring or deleting posts, or closing threads just because people don't like the opinions expressed within them, and we won't be. So, you guys have got to moderate yourselves and ignore member's who'se opinions you're not interested in reading.