Best 10 Bucks I Ever Spent

akewlguy

Hey ladies and gents.. I have an MP3 transmitter that is still a pain in the butt. It works, but sounds more like radio then digital cd. So now I have both 6 disks with every song I really like in the cd player and my FM transmitter when I play something different.

Maybe the $10 bucks was a waste since I own tons of software including NERO, but it was a eye catching title. Thats is it. I waste $10 bucks driving to get gas..

uuuhmm no dude, that wasnt irrelevant. people were discussing burning cds and such mp3's and what have you. Here more to the point download itunes its cross-platform, and will handle any mp3-cd file format conversion,burn cds or mp3 cds and a ton of other goodies, and its free. Who's irrelevant now?!?

I’m not sure I understand what’s going here.  Doesn’t windows media player ALREADY record CD's and converts them to MP3's?  Then you can use Nero to burn and convert them into waves. 

Anyhow, I agree with the previous post, something I used to overlook was burning speed, now I burn at the SLOWEST speed possible, gives you the BEST quality sound, and there is a big difference... try it for yourself.

Black CDRs + slow speed burning = Best CD ever.

The .mp3 files are converted to .wav files for playing in conventional players when you use WMP, Store bought cd's are not .mp3 files. Although you have the choice to convert them to .mp3 when recording if you were to put them on a IPOD or the like.

Thanks for the clarification, I have full knowledge of this, what I was trying to say what, I wasn’t sure what the point of the thread was since these cars cant play Mp3's to begin with.

I can see that many lexus owners arent too computer savvy.

A few things here...

Burn speed really doesnt matter once the blank discs you use are good enough quality to support the burning speed.

Yes it does. Not sure how computer savy you claim to be, but I've burned hurdreds of CDR's, and burn speed does make a difference. and regarding your .wav not working on the LS, im not sure why you mention this technicallity since ANY burnign software will make a WAV burned on a CD, work in the car. In the end, ANY Wav file will work on the LS's CD-changer, unless you burn CD's using the toaster.

Well it just so happens that i'm so computer savvy that i do it for work every single day. I'm a network administrator.

THe difference is that a .wav file is...a wav file and a standard cd player reads files in the .cdda format .cdda = cd digital audio.

that's the difference i was referring to.

if you burn a cd with wav files on it the changer wont be able to read it.

this thread is pretty pointless now.

reburn your cds so you have a copy that wont skip and you could even make a mix!...got it!

this thread happenned about 10 years ago when burners were new.

My point is that this topic was been discussed many times in many languages since the inception of cd burners.

Everyone burns cds now so there really isnt that much to discuss.

MODS, This thread is pointless from here on out, You know what to do. xxx

It has been fun :wacko:

the point was .! folks were saying they use wmp and real player to burn cds.. even saying they use itunes.. all bad ideas. (y) wmp , real , itunes, all want to sell u music while at the same time they want to stop u from sharing the music u buy.. so they all have different ways of adding some type of protection to their music files, cds, ect.. same thing goes for their software they try to stop u from doing what u want with it.. no cd text.. meaning if u have a compatiable cd player u can c the names of your songs on your head unit , u can combine songs meaning make 1 song 5 songs without pause, add soundfields , like jazz ,pop, rap, ect to each song if u choose.. these are just a few of the things that, software that is not affiliated with the music industry will allow u to do..such as nero, but there are many others out there.. as far was a wav file, no audio cd player will play a wave file.. unless otherwise stated..during the cd burn process whatever software u use is going to convert your file, to a cda file - compact disc audio.. wich will play on any standard cd player.

if u do buy music from 1 of these internet services such as .. wmp, real or itunes b4 u do .. search the internet for software that will strip them of any copy protection they have ..that way your free to do what u want when u want with what u paid 4. how would we all feel if lexus said we couldnt mod our cars that we paid our hard earned money for .. in my book the whole music copy thing is no differnt.once u pay for it do as u please.. B)

Luv you hit it on the head!

For sure I want nothing to do with any of those companies (itunes, real, msft or others). They end of !Removed! up ones ability to control the file.

Its easy to fall in a trap that they provide free software for us to use, but its a trick. Don't fall for their trap. Cheers to freedom on the net and smart people who use NERO!

Daffy, Grand, and all of you other guys that posted about the slower burn speed just made my day!!!! I had some cds that were not working in my cd player (some would play static and some wouldn't play at all.). So, I figured I would try reburning them at a slower speed since so many members recommended it (I did 4x instead of 24x). Sure enough, those cd's work perfectly now!!! Thanks guys!! :cheers:

I have no problems downloading and burning music with iTunes on my PC. True, the music downloads are locked in to iTunes, but all you have to do is burn it to a cd and rip it, and you can do with it as you please. It's well worth that extra step since you can find almost any song on iTunes, and it's cheap.

Daffy, Grand, and all of you other guys that posted about the slower burn speed just made my day!!!! I had some cds that were not working in my cd player (some would play static and some wouldn't play at all.). So, I figured I would try reburning them at a slower speed since so many members recommended it (I did 4x instead of 24x). Sure enough, those cd's work perfectly now!!! Thanks guys!!  :cheers:

I have no problems downloading and burning music with iTunes on my PC. True, the music downloads are locked in to iTunes, but all you have to do is burn it to a cd and rip it, and you can do with it as you please. It's well worth that extra step since you can find almost any song on iTunes, and it's cheap.

ok thats true.. but that means u have to burn a cd =$ put those songs back on your pc = time.. when u can download just about any song from limewire for FREE. and do what u feel with it . :ph34r:

Ok,Ok Im not trying come off as an !Removed!. I take exception to dfkd or whatever her name is,if you read his other psts he is quite an angry guy, whatever. My point is,from my second post in this thread, that itunes is free and gives all the options of a nero ,toast ,windows proprieotery application also, and i should have said this, itunes natives format is aac a very efficient and good quality mp3 like codec(you know what a codec is ?mr.dpfk guy) that also happens to be a "protected" file format., meaning that songs(files) stored in that format can only be burned so many times,etc,etc. However, itunes gives you about 5 different options for conversion and storage one of which is the standard mp3 format not protected or bound by any perameters.

I was only suggesting that as a FREE and HIGHLY SUPPORTED program,itunes would fit the bill for people on a budget and that it is a highly capable application. It is about as close to one click burning as you can get. Thats all im saying in that regard.

As far as blank cd media goes,well i would agree with angry guy

that black cds are superior, i believe so. However you need to examine what goes into making cd media work (or not). First of all ALL cd media is subject to a phenomina called BLER or Block Error Rate. All cds are have this, some are better than others. Lets examine what a cd is; a piece of aluminum-like substrate sandwiched between two pieces of clear plastic..When a cd is "burned" a laser "etches" "pits and landings" (peaks and valleys) into the "aluminum" substrate that represents 0's and 1's, which mean nothing until the cd is put into a device that can reconstitute those 0's and 1's into meaningful information, in this case music. Block Error Rates (BLER) means that all cds will have areas on the substrate that cannot be recorded to. All hard drives suffer from this as well,certain parts of the platters cannot be recorded/written to. All cd media has certain amount of this BLER,combine that with different cd burner/laser mechanism stability, cpu buss (i/o) capability to properly transfer that data to the burning device in the right amount of time and amount(not to fast,not too slow) make for instances where some cdrs will fail and for seemingly no reason whatsoever, some batches by the same manufacturer will be great some will not,combine that with the above and you see that no hard and fast rule applies. Burn speed on modern systems do not a difference make, perhaps a cdr with a high BLER mixed with a too fast burn speed might produce burn failure, but i assure you 99.9% of time audio quality will not have suffered. The reasons i know this stuff is because i am a recording engineer as well as a technical/maintenence engineer in los angeles for professional recording studios. Couple all that with varring degrees of repair with the lexus cd changer, what kind of shape the suspension and tires are in and you get different results. Cheers.

wow all this arguing for no reason its really just your opinion if u ask me but while wer eon the topic u guys can help me out with a real question lol my lexus cd player choses when it wants to work i have a 96 LS400 (for next 3 months or so until my AMG E55 comes in yes!!!)but lately my cd cahnger works sometimes and sometimes it stops working randomly and i cant evne eject the cd cartridge when its not working and nothing happens when i press the CD button on the head unit.....anyone ever had this problem or kno how to fix it because this gets real annoying