Best 10 Bucks I Ever Spent

akewlguy

It seems my 93LS 6 disk cd changer does not work the best with scratches and stuff so I bought some MP3 converting software. I know I probably could have gotten FREEWARE or SHAREWARE, but for 10 bucks this is the best investment.

Take your old CD's and choose the songs you like then combine all of them. I am sure many of you do this or utilize the IPOD or FM setup from laptop, but this is an easy fix for the old 6 disk player.

Since I did this there are rarely errors. Also the music sounds great and I have about 100 of my favorite songs on 6 disks!! AWESOME!! Cheers..

Anyone buy the blue LED lights for their floors?

It seems my 93LS 6 disk cd changer does not work the best with scratches and stuff so I bought some MP3 converting software. I know I probably could have gotten FREEWARE or SHAREWARE, but for 10 bucks this is the best investment.

Take your old CD's and choose the songs you like then combine all of them. I am sure many of you do this or utilize the IPOD or FM setup from laptop, but this is an easy fix for the old 6 disk player.

Since I did this there are rarely errors. Also the music sounds great and I have about 100 of my favorite songs on 6 disks!! AWESOME!! Cheers..

Anyone buy the blue LED lights for their floors?

What is so special about putting your favorite songs on cd's? Typically you can fit 18-22 songs [ depends on length ] on a cd, so 6 discs=120 of your favorite songs. I don't understand how this fixes the 6 disc player if is not working. Am I missing something here? :blink:

he saying his changer didnt work with his old scratched up store bought cds.. so he copyed the old cds to his hard drive .. then made custom mixes of those songs..then transferred them to new cds that were not scratched.. which play well in his old cd changer.. :whistles: (i think)

This is even better than the $2 car wash.  :cheers:

:lol::lol::lol: What I do with my cd's is copy it and then it becomes a "traveler" So if it gets scratched so what, I always have the original. And at the same time while the new cd is on my harddrive I put together a "mix" so I have all of my favorites on a couple of discs. And I did it all on the software that came on the OS so I saved myself $10.00 and bought cd's instead. :cheers:

But, To each his own. :whistles:

luv you are a smart man. I have MS home so I dont know if it would work?

Just stating if someone has err issues then they should burn their MP3s into new disks and it should improve.

Actually it was a $7 (tip $5 and the guy did an amazing job on the rims) car wash this time and after that I had about 20 compliments from 20 different people. I do not go out of my way to get the compliments, but people just like the LS.

Now with less err messages and 120 songs I really love this LS. Yes, it's just you..

liv you are a smart man.  I have MS home so I dont know if it would work?

Just stating if someone has err issues then they should burn their MP3s into new disks and it should improve.

Actually it was a $7 car wash this time and after that I had about 20 compliments from 20 different people. I do not go out of my way to get the compliments, but people just like the LS.

Now with less err messages and 120 songs I really love this LS.

:wacko: Is it just me?

I got caught in a little rain in Ohio last Sunday so I went through the $4 car wash twice to make sure the car got clean. It had never been in rain before. I'd rather use the $4 wash twice than the $7 wash once, since I don't want the hot wax. Today I started to wax with Nano wax and plan to put a couple coats of NXT on top of that. I had good luck with that on my IS300. People used to follow me around in the IBP IS so they could ask me when I was going to sell it. I guess that's compliments. :D

Many people say they had trouble with burned CD's on the IS models. I guess some of the other ones work ok though.

Hi,

I have been burning CD'S for years now and using them in my Ls400 6-pack. I learnt a few things that I will pass on. If you buy better quality disks, they will last longer(something to do with how well the label is "pasted" on to the disk).

If you burn your disk at a slower speed, this seems to improve the life of the disk and also seems to reduce any "skipping" tendencies.

Always check for dirt on your disk and clean the disk before installing them into your 6-pack. This will ensure that the pick-up will stay clean. I have a 15 year old car and the 6-pack still works perfectly! My 2-cents worth. :D

Daffy

I’m not sure I understand what’s going here. Doesn’t windows media player ALREADY record CD's and converts them to MP3's? Then you can use Nero to burn and convert them into waves.

Anyhow, I agree with the previous post, something I used to overlook was burning speed, now I burn at the SLOWEST speed possible, gives you the BEST quality sound, and there is a big difference... try it for yourself.

Black CDRs + slow speed burning = Best CD ever.

I’m not sure I understand what’s going here.  Doesn’t windows media player ALREADY record CD's and converts them to MP3's?  Then you can use Nero to burn and convert them into waves. 

Anyhow, I agree with the previous post, something I used to overlook was burning speed, now I burn at the SLOWEST speed possible, gives you the BEST quality sound, and there is a big difference... try it for yourself.

Black CDRs + slow speed burning = Best CD ever.

The .mp3 files are converted to .wav files for playing in conventional players when you use WMP, Store bought cd's are not .mp3 files. Although you have the choice to convert them to .mp3 when recording if you were to put them on a IPOD or the like.

well heres the deal ..if your going to save your cd on your hard drive.. u should use a losless format ..like ogg vorbis..then when your ready.. u can convert that into anything u want .. mp3 , wma , or and audio file for your cd player.. u can use many different forms of software to do this.. my fav is dBpowerAMP Music Converter which is shareware so its free.. that way your all set 4 what ever u need 2 do.. by the way if u have nero u dont need windows media player to convert your music nero has its own conversion software under extras in nero buringrom.. :cheers:

I can see that many lexus owners arent too computer savvy.

A few things here...

Burn speed really doesnt matter once the blank discs you use are good enough quality to support the burning speed.

A cd audio burn has nothing to do with mp3's once it's burnt. The burn process simply uses mp3s and converts them to cd audio format (not .wav or .mp3 but a format only for standard 80 min cd audio [.cdda files])...which the LS player can read. The LS changer cant read mp3 files or .wav files.

Black discs tend to be better because there is no separate reflective surface that can be scratched like on a silver disc.

I think this thread was kinda doomed from the start because it was made to sound like his burning had something to do with mp3's.

All he was trying to say is that he made custom cd compilations that he knew he likes and thus had 100 tracks always available that were the best of his original cds.

im not so sure your right .. he has said before that he has a mp3 player that he uses through fm transmit.. so in that case y would u bother.. when u could just make a playlist and drag and drop all the songs u want .. and never by 1 new blank cd :unsure:

I can see that many lexus owners arent too computer savvy.

A few things here...

Burn speed really doesnt matter once the blank discs you use are good enough quality to support the burning speed.

A cd audio burn has nothing to do with mp3's once it's burnt. The burn process simply uses mp3s and converts them to cd audio format (not .wav or .mp3 but a format only for standard 80 min cd audio [.cdda files])...which the LS player can read. The LS changer cant read mp3 files or .wav files.

Black discs tend to be better because there is no separate reflective surface that can be scratched like on a silver disc.

I think this thread was kinda doomed from the start because it was made to sound like his burning had something to do with mp3's.

All he was trying to say is that he made custom cd compilations that he knew he likes and thus had 100 tracks always available that were the best of his original cds.

this is correct i burn cds usung window media player, real player and nero and i play all these in my car with no problem and if he has an mp3 player why burn cds

truthfully if u have nero y would u use any other software to burn cds .. programs like windows and real are steup to stop piracy meaning copying and buring cds..therefore they dont give u the options that nero does.. such as cd text and so many more .. me myself i wouldnt use any software that sells music to burn my music.. it just dosent add up.. :D

truthfully if u have nero y would u use any other software to burn cds .. programs like windows and real are steup to stop piracy meaning copying and buring cds..therefore they dont give u the options that nero does.. such as cd text and so many more .. me myself i wouldnt use any software that sells music to burn my music.. it just dosent add up.. :D

its that i havent quite become efficient with nero,its easier for me to use the ther programs b/c they are free and ive been using them for a while. ive had nero for about 7 months and its confusing to me at times

ok i feel that .. play with nero a little bit and im sure youll get the hang of it.. it gives u so many options for creating a cd.. cd text, combing files, adding sound fields many more. if u need a hand just let me know.

its that i havent quite become efficient with nero,its easier for me to use the ther programs b/c they are free and ive been using them for a while. ive had nero for about 7 months and its confusing to me at times

HERE'S A TIP...

Use Nero Express...

Any time i set up a client and teach them burning i ALWAYS teach them to use Nero Express. It is the easiest thing you'll ever do.

You choose what you're trying to burn then it's 3 simple steps.

One tip though...always make sure that it is on disc at once for music cd's if you're using an older version. :geek:

Not really a geek...just a network admnistrator...

ok i feel that .. play with nero a little bit and im sure youll get the hang of it.. it gives u so many options for creating  a cd.. cd text, combing files, adding sound fields many more. if u need a hand just let me know.

thanks for the offer