New Rims, 1" Drop - What U Guys Think?

blue06gs,

I like the lowering and new wheels. Did you get the springs from those guys in CA? What wheels are those, including sizes, offsets, etc.? Are you getting any rubbing? Did you go stretched tires to prevent any rubbing? I remember you said your old wheels were rubbing.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just looking at getting 20's also.

Thanks.

I got the springs from a local racing shop here...they mainly deal with hondas and stuff but got me the tanabe springs from a distributor in CA.

the wheels are Helo Dragsters 20" with 245/35/20 tires. i'm not sure what the offset is, but i'm experiencing no rubbing, even when i have four people in the car.

and no i dont have the pressure sensors in the new wheels...maybe i should have them put in..

• 2 weeks later...
blue06gs,

What percent of tint do you have on your windows?  I was looking on superbuytires website and they recommend 255/35 for 20's, is there a reason you went with 245/35?

I have limo tint on the back three windows and one shade lighter on the front two windows and no tint on the windshield, althought i'm planning on getting the windshield done too.

Theres no reason I went with the 245 tires. At the time I was buying them they told me that those were the only ones that would fit. next time i'll go with the 255

Hi.

Blue06gs, umm, I want to ask you a question.

How is the handling on the GS430. I read a few reviews and they say that the car handles well but the VDIM thing comes in the way. Do you feel this way?

But then in other places, I read that the GS430 handles great and is as good as any other car in it's class.

Please tell me how you feel.

Thank you.

Bye.

Hi.

Blue06gs, umm, I want to ask you a question.

How is the handling on the GS430. I read a few reviews and they say that the car handles well but the VDIM thing comes in the way. Do you feel this way?

But then in other places, I read that the GS430 handles great and is as good as any other car in it's class.

Please tell me how you feel.

Thank you.

Bye.

blue06gs, I really like the overall look you got going , I think the car is very much 1 of a kind. :cheers:

I actually have the GS300 and i love it....im still back and forth on whether i shouldve gotten the 430, but then again, i still haven't test drove the 430.

i never even got to test drive my 300 before i bought it since i ordered it before they were even out and picked it up at the port right off the boat!!

I really like the look...very clean and simple you got my taste.what do ya think about my old school GS400? 20" ZINIK rims  still rides smooth as the day I got It

looks sick!! i've always liked black rims on black cars...i didn't think black rims would look good with my blue GS, thats why i got them painted to match...