Heated Seats

kayka

i have a 02 sc430 and my heated seats are not that hot. they are kinda luke warm. the lexus dealership told me that the thermostat had a sensor in it so that in 85 degree weather they wont heat up like they will in 32 degree weather. is everybody else's seats just luke warm?

The sensor is a cut off safety switch.What this means is the outside temp does not affect its operation. It only shuts off of its temp switch reaches over a certain degree so to prevent a fire it will shut the system down.The only fire on Lexus seats is if you eat chili !

Ask them to show you the service manual which details is exact operation.

Then there is no way they can say it is normal operation as it is not part of the circuits possibilities.

Lexus is horrible at making a heated seat in any car that works. They all start to fizzle after a year.

I would go back and make them replace the seats every year for the erst of the warr ! Maybe they might finally realise the idiot engineer who decided on such a low setting and inferior electronics for it should get fired and rengineer a newer system that actually warms . It is so dumb half the time on any car older than 2 years you can't tell if you heated the seat or if the heater in the seat is actually on.

My heated seats work fine.  On a chilly day I can turn them on before the heater warms up and keep toasty warm.

My heated seats are nice and warm, I often turn them off because they work so well. :whistles: