Bye Lex

I am trading in my 2001 GS430 for a 7 seater of some kind for the growing family.

The dealer offered $21500 for mine.

If anybody is interested, make an offer. 651-775-1898.

Also any reccomendation on a reliable minivan :cries: (I know, I know).

I am trading in my 2001 GS430 for a 7 seater of some kind for the growing family.

The dealer offered $21500 for mine.

If anybody is interested, make an offer. 651-775-1898.

Also any reccomendation on a reliable minivan :cries: (I know, I know).

Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey are probably the 2 best in the Biz! (you can get AWD now on even the base Sienna now). ;)

Why not consider something like a crossover? :unsure: But not an actual large gas guzzling SUV. ;)

:cheers:

What did you mean by crossover?

I tried the Acura MDX but the back seat is tiny and very hard to get in and out of.

I'll check out the Toyota, Honda, Nissan Vans. Thanks for the ideas.

Any words on the reliability of any of these? None of the above except maybe the Quest had very good reliability in the past. (Toyota-Sludge, Honda-Tranny)

The Subaru Forester, Outback & B9 Tribeca are considered 'crossover' vehicles as an example. Since there isn't an 'official' crossover classification by the government, some of these fall under the SUV segment & I beleive the Outback in the passenger car category. There are many others from different automakers such as the Ford Freestyle & Chrysler Pacifica etc. B)

Last spring we traded in my wife's 2003 GS430 that had everything, 80k miles, for only $20,500...and that was good back then supposedly for the condition it was in...

We spend over $49,000 in 2003 for it, and in only 2 years and 80,000 miles the priced dropped that much!!!

Why don't you get yourself a nice station wagon with the wood panels??

Nothing wrong with a station wagon, they are actually making a large comeback as of late!

I think your about 20+ years behind the times with the wood panels however! :lol: :whistles: :P

That is why i like to lease cars because you don't have to worry about tradin value after you spend so much money. You basically pay for how much you used the car. Thats just me. I want to buy a preowned GS but i know i am the kind of person that would only keep it 4 years and on a 5 or 6 year loan i will probably get killed with the tradin value.