Mercedes At The International Motor Show

CWW

i believe its the GS and IS (im not sure  but i know for a fact lexus has it)

Some Lexus' (i know the LS has it) when it senses an object x feet in front of it while the car is going very fast, it figures that if you don't add your brakes quickly, you're SOL, so it applies the brakes for you.

i thought i saw it on the LS when i went on the lexus web site..actuallly im pretty positive idid c it but might just be my imagination..o well

I've never experienced this happening, but i'm 100% sure the higher class Lexus models have this feature.

must be the 430 b/c i dont experience this in my 98

i thought i saw it on the LS when i went on the lexus web site..actuallly im pretty positive idid c it but might just be my imagination..o well

I've never experienced this happening, but i'm 100% sure the higher class Lexus models have this feature.

must be the 430 b/c i dont experience this in my 98

It's a really new feature, just came out these past few years.

The LS430 has the option for the PCS, or pre-collision system. Its availiable also on the new GS430. Came out in late late 2004.

It doesn't apply the brakes though.

What it does do is sense when a nearby object is closing at a high rate of speed from the front it tightens up the seatbelts to prepare for the crash and meters airbag deployment rates, readies full braking power, etc.

VERY few LS430s have it, and I can tell you whether an LS430 does by looking at a picture of the front.

The brake force distribution feature that came out in 2000 that all modern Lexus' have applies full braking power when the system senses an emergency application of the brakes.