How Has Everyone Been? Anyone Have The Same Lex?

90LS400Lexus

It has been a long time since I have visited the boards, so I am just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

Does everyone still have their same Lexus, or has some of you upgraded? I know some of you were talking about it before I left. :)

It has been a rough few months for me. We have had some family members pass away, so I have been dealing wih that lately.

As many of you senior members know, one of my grandmothers was very ill. Sadly, she passed away on August the 9th. It has been a very difficult time for the family, but all in all, I think everyone has taken it well. I guess just knowing that she is no longer suffering really helps us deal with it, although we still already miss her terribly.

Then, exactly two weeks to the day (Tuesday), we got the call that her brother passed away. He was the last of their mothers children that were living.

Backtracking a little bit- back toward the end of 2004, I lost several great aunts and uncles.

If that was not enough, our cat that we had for 18 years died this past April (2005).

So, as you can see, I have not had the best past few months.

Sorry for all of the gloomy news, but I thought I would post what has been going on and see what has been happening with everyone, as everyone here has always seemed to have really cared about what is going on with people. Not many forums are like that, but we have some really great members here and I really mean that.

With all of the bad things that have happened, I know there is always someone out there that has it a lot worse. We are thankful for all of the good things that the good Lord has given us.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Great to see you around, '90!! I'm sorry to hear about all of your losses in your family. Sheesh, your cat too; losing a longtime pet is nearly as hard as losing a person (we had a 14y/o dog die, and it was just a horrible expereince.). I hope things look up for you in the future, and I'm sure they will! ;) That's something about your old '90. Engine failure is a rare happening for a LS!

All is well with my '95. I did a pretty big project back in June and have been enjoying the improvements ever since. 262,1xx miles, and she still runs like she only has a fourth of that!

:cheers:

Wow sounds like tough times. Hope your family has a spell of good health and prosperity.

As for my self I am a new member with a 93LS400. I love my LEXUS and I attended the LEXFEST (100 LEXUS's in MD). I added a few mods to my LEXUS including wheels, clear bumper lights (awaiting), rear lights and tint. I love the new look.

The information on this website is awesome! I feel as if I am a LEXUS engineer. I know the in and outs of this car. When I went to buy I recognized that I knew much more then the sellers. This was a big advantage and really impressed the hell out them, not to mention the negotiating position.

Af for life it is weird how generations do move on. In my circle of friends and family there has been a bunch of great aunts and uncles passing on over the past five years. Its weird how we grow. The unexpected is the worse.

Ohh yeah today I saw the deeded dark dash. AHHHH it is so scary. All needles were sticking and the dash was black. After a few minutes the dash changed so I am now happy again. Time for Johnny Walker, I mean Jim Walker.

Sorry for your losses :( Hope things pick up from here for you.

I joined LOC almost a year ago and have owned many Lexus models, but since we found out my wife is having another baby we had to part with a few of our cars :unsure:

Lexus' are the greatest cars around!

Welcome back 90ls400Lexus,

I guess some of us are reaching the age where family members seem to fall away from us. I have lost my Mother and Brother this past year and today found out my Aunt passed away. Not pleasant times and makes you realize how short and precious life is. The only thing we can do is to move on and make our lives mean something to the next generation. God Bless, and for what it is worth, I feel your pain. Welcome back.

Thanks for all of the replies and condolences. We are getting along and now need to focus on grandpa.

Great to see so many more folks have joined the club. Welcome to all of them!

Sorry to hear about your losses RF. It is hard enough to lose one family member- I cannot imagine having to deal with the loss of multiple members in a short time frame.

Blake- good to hear your LS is still going strong.

Take care everyone.