Ls 400 Service Manual

VBdenny

Does anyone know where and how much a factory service manual is? I'd like to buy one and have seen several references to them posted. I'll assume you can get them through the dealer but I didn't see them on the Lexus website. Thanks for your suggestions. Denny

Thanks Brooklyn! Hey, my wife if from Brooklyn. I'll probably go over to the dealer with my credit card on Monday. There are many things I like to do. Be sure to check out the ground short repair lextek wrote. I may go ahead a repair this wire before it breaks.

I purchased the 2 service manuals from www.lexus-parts.com. for $144. Good people to order from in Stewart, Texas I believe. I also purchased some parts for my 93 LS400 and after shopping around I found that Lexus of St. Louis, Mo sold me the parts at a fairly good discount.

Both places were great to order from.

Curt

its www.newlexusparts.com

and they are in plano texas. but they are good, gettin all parts from em:)

try them, might be cheaper, despite that they overcharge for shipping a little bit.

but still much cheaper then your local dealer. at least in brooklyn:)

Brooklyn women are the best arent they? :D B)

I'll check the newlexusparts site. I decided that I better start doing the work on this myself. I've had the shop manuals for other cars and they really are good to have. They do annoy me by saying "Special Tool J-00345" or something but i can usually fabricate something. Yeah Brooklyn women are the best. Brooklyn is a very cool place and they have the best pizza in the world (especially in Bay Ridge).

maybe that you got a general cd set the cd set that i have has paint specs , torque specs exploded views of virtually every view this has all replacement , rebuild , and all oem toyota and lexus from 1983-2000 this is every model that toyota produced in the years 1983-2000 i love this cd set because i do alot of work on my gs myself and it is great for the wife too! she does the work on her car herself......NICE!!!!!!!! ;) :o :cheers:

they have specific overhaul procedures for 1uzfe? like heavy maintentance and rebuilt?

my cd had this but.. for the engine with chain. i mean its still a toyota book but kinda strange and way too broad for me

guys!!!! i found the best manual u will ever need!!!!

and its available online for 25$ a year. i signed up today and they have everything, all the diagrams and pictures up to each little screw or cable. each procedure is step by step. with that kind if instructions you can do anything!!!!

www.alldata.com

this is professional resource, all mechanics shoudl use it

I appreciate all the replies. I guess what I need is the diagrams and instructions for replacing the following items. A/C compressor, clutch, and specs (I have the R-12). I could also use the info on the upper control arms. Sun 7/19 I will be on vacation for ten days in the Outer Banks of NC and will have no connection to the net, so the fact that I don't reply won't mean I'm not interested. I may stop back here to check on Tues. Thanks Denny

• 2 weeks later...
if you guys need toyota-lexus manuals i have 1983-2000 manufacture service manuals on cd and floppy , if interested reply . these are the real thing. :D :D :D :cheers:

Hey, Do you have the service manual for the 1999 Lexus RX300? Could you send it to me? I'll send you a PM. Thanks

Hey Brooklyn, I looked at this site and it is indeed good. My question is which catagory you signed up for? It looked as if there was a owners price which was cheaper. By the way, I enjoyed the pictures you posted on your last project.