New Refreshed 7 Series...

SW03ES

I think this may just be one of the most improved car designs I've seen, a few subtle changes that made a HUGE impact over the previous vehicle. Certainly more appealing than the new S class.

Check it out and post what you think:

2006-BMW-750Li-SA-1024x768.jpg

2006-BMW-750Li-RA-Speed-1024x768.jpg

2006-BMW-7-Series-Interior-1280x960.jpg

Same interior its had since 2002, the only change is a new three spoke wheel.

As for the exterior the only changes are the new front clip (headlights, grille, bumper, hood, fenders) and new taillights/ decklid. Huge improvement though.

Here's the previous version:

a7_12_sb.JPG

61_12_sb.JPG

the front looks great, the rear end is still unacceptable. interior's too complicated. i was at the BMW dealer last week (jst checking up with a friend, that's all) and i sat in the vehicles and boy they were so complicated to figure out. just the little joystick looking turn signal stick looked so complicated, more so the center console. :wacko:

The only thing i like better about it than the 745Li is the new front bumper and headlights etc. Maybe the rear too LOL

So basically everything thats new? LOL

As for the complexity, they are complicated but you do get used to it. The new versions of I-Drive are better than the old.

I actually like the old front clip better, but the new rear is much, much improved. I love this model...it's a shame it has iDrive and tacky seat cushion extenders (the LS430's entire cushion moves but the 7 has just a 4-6" piece that extends). I'll have to drive one with the newer iDrive software...maybe I won't hate it! lol Waaay more appealing than the new S class.

I don't know why they were worried about the front when it is the rear of the car that needs work. The lines of the trunk just don't flow. It just looks like Chris Bangle's designers were tired by the time they got to the tail end. I can see the conversation now:

"Herr Bungle - vee vorgot to add zee trunk lid."

"Don't worry Wolfgang we can use one of my Pontiac designs to round it out."

The only thing i like better about it than the 745Li is the new front bumper and headlights etc. Maybe the rear too LOL

So basically everything thats new? LOL

As for the complexity, they are complicated but you do get used to it. The new versions of I-Drive are better than the old.

HaHa LOL yea i guess so! Is the new one smaller than the 745Li? It looks it.

Really? You're the first person I've ever heard that liked the old front clip better...

It looks like a bulldog to me vs the new one that has smooth aerodynamic lines.

I love the definition of the new hood, but I really don't like the headlights...a little too rounded! They are really great looking cars, imo!

No, its the same body just a few cosmetic enhancements.

Bart- It would have cost too much to re-do all that shape in the rear quarter panels. That'll have to wait until the total overhaul. I think the lighting they added to the decklid helped to balance it out somewhat.

I don't know why they were worried about the front when it is the rear of the car that needs work.  The lines of the trunk just don't flow.  It just looks like Chris Bangle's designers were tired by the time they got to the tail end.  I can see the conversation now:

"Herr Bungle - vee vorgot to add zee trunk lid."

"Don't worry Wolfgang we can use one of my Pontiac designs to round it out."

Those Pontiacs, always the trend setters. :D I think I see some '49 Buick in the roofline as well.

i was coming from jersey getting ready to go through the holland tunnel and a bmw tht said 745 on it was right next to me and my car seemed like it was bigger i actually thought it was a 5 series so i checked the numers and sure enogh it said 745 i still couldnt believe it so i thought the guy might have changed the numbers bu than i asked myself why would he do that? anytime i see a 745 i love them b/c they look so big but the one i saw looked just too small. did my eyes decieve me or do the 7s comein different sizes? i once had the same impression of one of the new navigators that i saw

If it was a 745i then its about the same size as your LS, a little bigger. The 745Li is the long wheelbase version thats a good deal larger than the LS. Its only longer though, the size of every other aspect is the same.

If it was a 745i then its about the same size as your LS, a little bigger. The 745Li is the long wheelbase version thats a good deal larger than the LS. Its only longer though, the size of every other aspect is the same.

yeah i know thats why i was bugging b/c it wasnt as long it was like thesize of a 545