Full Sized Spare Tire

choiboyogg

i was thinking about getting a full sized spare for the trunk.

has anyone done this? will it fit? is it even worth it?

You only have the donut spare? hmmmmm I have a full size on a factory rim with mine. You might be able to get one at an auto wrecker or salavge yard. The question is, will it fit in the well of the trunk? Not 100% sure. :unsure: Anyone?

:cheers:

i was thinking about getting a full sized spare for the trunk.

has anyone done this? will it fit? is it even worth it?

You only have the donut spare? hmmmmm I have a full size on a factory rim with mine. You might be able to get one at an auto wrecker or salavge yard. The question is, will it fit in the well of the trunk? Not 100% sure. :unsure: Anyone?

Ebay usually has single OEM wheels for sale cheap then buy a matching spare. ;)

ah man, thanks guys. the last time i quickly glanced and cause the rim was upside down with the cap on, i figured it was a smaller spare. (i drove a honda before this, i guess its a nice wake up to the luxury of lexus.)

yup, full spare with brand new tire. how sweet.

one of my rims has about 70% of the chrome chipped off. now i can go get it re-chromed. any suggestions is sothern cali for a chrome shop?

ah man, thanks guys. the last time i quickly glanced and cause the rim was upside down with the cap on, i figured it was a smaller spare. (i drove a honda before this, i guess its a nice wake up to the luxury of lexus.)

Excellent! B)

You guys remember that Saturn commercial where the two guys are staring in the trunk of a Saturn and they were talking about the full sized spare? And the one guy said that one of them was spotted of the coast of Scotland or something? Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was a really funny commercial. It is probably 5 years old at least.

thanks

one of my rims has about 70% of the chrome chipped off. now i can go get it re-chromed. any suggestions is sothern cali for a chrome shop?

That is the best news you got all day. Fantastic. :cheers:

You guys remember that Saturn commercial where the two guys are staring in the trunk of a Saturn and they were talking about the full sized spare? And the one guy said that one of them was spotted of the coast of Scotland or something? Anyone know what I'm talking about? It was a really funny commercial. It is probably 5 years old at least.

thanks

Sorry, no clue dude lol. B)

check ebay, a company that is 20 miles north of L.A does re chroming or they will take your old chrome rims for $300 and give you 4 new chrome rims. I forgot the name of the company, I am getting senile, because i just saw it yesterday.:chairshot:

Just found out the location. Its in Van Nuys called " L.A. Wheel & tires". phone # 1800 584 2832. I never purchased from them. since you live in orange county, you can call them up and check it out.