This Forum Is Dead

indiasfinest

It is what happens when you have a good manufacture who makes cars with little problems.

This forum only started to grow after the cars got to there 2nd and 3rd owners who needed advice on maintance repairs.

Other than that you can be glad their is not much to talk about.

some one doesnt talk alot in forums

For one reason, this car is not widely produced as some other models. Second, there's not alot of problems, which I am glad.

Anyway, feel free to talk and I am sure folks on the forum is listening to you. ;)

I think the main reason why it's not as active as others is the lack of mods. I also belong to a BMW and a Mercedes board and those boards are constantly hopping because of new mods, pics that people do to their cars. The GX...well, what are u gonna mod-its perfect as is :)

My Webpage

The forms that are really active are what I call the look me cars. Like our Vette and Thunderbird. Some topics are nothing more than, a person wave or point at me, well whoppie. Or like stated above vehicle that are modded or people are looking to mod, have get together and show off. When a topic is posted here

people respond if have a answer, than its wait tell another question comes up

I have owned my 2005 GX470 for 3 months, also I have found very good advices here for my trucks, as well as modifications available for the audio, nav and bluetooth system. I'm reading this forum before I bought my truck, and what I read here, as well as other car review sites, influenced my decision about buying this truck.

Wilmag

2005 GX470

Ash Blue Mica

Sport Package with KDSS and all other options.

some one doesnt talk alot in forums

For one reason, this car is not widely produced as some other models. Second, there's not alot of problems, which I am glad.

Not widely produced? Could have fooled me as I see a few every day in my daily 5 mile commute . Never saw one other Maserati in the year plus of owning and that board has quite a bit of action. Most car forums are for enthusiast and I don't really think too many Lexus owners are real enthusiasts.

define enthusiast

Here you go right out of Websters:

enthusiast

(noun) : a person filled with enthusiasm: as; a : one who is ardently attached to a cause, object, or pursuit <a sports car enthusiast>; b : one who tends to become ardently absorbed in an interest

Notice they even use sports car as an example. Not saying there are no enthusiasts here, as we must be to be here, Just that in the big World most Lexus SUV owners are not what I would describe as "enthusiasts"

I don't know why but the SUV forums car sites are the same way. The RX forums do pretty well, but the GX and LX forums are slow.

Who knows why, maybe its that the GX and LX are more driven as family or secondary vehicles and owners aren't as interested in them as they are primary vehicles they've worked forever to get to drive, or maybe its that they're driven more by women and women only make up 1% or so of the population on internet car forums, or maybe its because we don't have any strong forum leaders that own GXs or LXs.

One thing I do know from doing this for a long time though is that activity breeds activity. So, get talking, post topics, get to know each other and it'll pick up.