Lexus Credit Card

DobieG

Got my Lexus Visa card today. It's a sharp looking card - metallic silver with a large Lexus symbol in the middle.

It will be nice to start earning some points towards service and/or a new Lexus!! :)

Anyone else getting one?

If i belived in ever buying a new car off a lot ,i would get the card.

I would rather take the hit somewhere else besides instant depreciation.

I wonder what the card looks like.

DO not post a pic of your card though for security reasons.

LOL

i've seen a sample picture of the card. It's a silver "L" logo on an either white or silver background, maybe on a Lexus vehicle. looks sharp. i'm thinking of getting it. but then again, i RARELY use credit cards. besides, i got a Lexus card back in 2003 with a picture of a GX and "Lexus" on the top right corner. ;) B)

Here's a pic of the card (don't worry - it's not a real account #) :D

Mine is metallic silver in the background, not white.

I most likely won't be using the rewards to buy a car, but I will use them for services and accessories.

I never really used to be a credit card user until I started doing online banking. Now I can use a credit card like an ATM - when I use the card I note it in my checkbook and make an online payment once a week, thus avoiding finance charge. Works well for me and it's nice to get reward points back for buying everyday stuff! :)

post-6426-1121167183_thumb.jpg

Here's a pic of the card (don't worry - it's not a real account #)  :D

Mine is metallic silver in the background, not white.

I most likely won't be using the rewards to buy a car, but I will use them for services and accessories.

I never really used to be a credit card user until I started doing online banking.  Now I can use a credit card like an ATM - when I use the card I note it in my checkbook and make an online payment once a week, thus avoiding finance charge.  Works well for me and it's nice to get reward points back for buying everyday stuff! :)

yea, that's the picture of the card i saw somewhere. oh i think i know where u got that from. it's from lexus.com isn't it?? :lol:

yea, that's the picture of the card i saw somewhere. oh i think i know where u got that from. it's from lexus.com isn't it?? :lol:

lexus.com...? never heard of it! :lol:

yup, that's where i borrowed the pic from! :)

haha nice card B) , ya I've been debating for the past few weeks on whether or not I should get the Lexus card. The card would look even better though if those two visa symbols weren't blocking the Lexus emblem. Enjoy racking up those points. :cheers:

Why not get a no-annual fee "rebate" credit card from a company that sends you a rebate check each year for a percentage of your total purchases?

Become a "deadbeat" - the credit card industry term for someone who pays his balance in full every month and never pays interest.

Put all purchases on rebate cards and enjoy hundreds to thousands of dollars cash back every year - enough for at least a few nice restaurant meals. I go to the ATM only every 2 - 3 months to get a some cash. I used to need cash (quarters) for the car wash but now even it has a credit card reader in each bay.

It's odd how Lexus came out with a credit card after 15 years. I've been carrying a Mercedes credit card for many years but I rarely use it since it is not a rebate card. The Mercedes card provider has changed several times and the perks have been dramatically reduced - I suspect that a high percentage of Mercedes card holders pay their balance in full each month and that the card has not been particularly profitable to the issuers.

1990LS400 hit it right on the money as far as this particular subject is concerned.

Only use credit cards that reward you with dollars or points towards something you always need or use.

Always pay your credit card bill in full when it arrives each month - never carry a balance and therefore pay those exhorbitant interest rates. That's just pure financial stupidity.

Follow these rules using a rewards credit card and you'll be playing with the elite 2% of the smartest credit card holders who know how to play the game correctly.

In our case, our auto insurance is with State Farm. State Farm offers a no-annual-fee VISA card that rewards you with "State Farm Dollars" on every purchase you make, hoping of course that you'll only make minimum credit card bill payments each month and allow them to gouge you with absurd interest rates as a result. These "State Farm Dollars" can be used to pay for the State Farm services that you use.

We charge thousands of dollars on this VISA card each month for purchases that we would have made anyway - household expenses, gas, meals, furniture, clothing, groceries, hardware, etc. But when the monthly VISA bill arrives in the mail, it is always paid in full. That's my lifetime rule - if you charge it, you pay for it when the bill comes. No excuses and no exceptions - period.

But the net result is that we build up enough "State Farm Dollars" each year to pay our auto insurance in full using the rewards dollars that are deposited into our "State Farm Dollars" account each month based upon our previous month's State Farm VISA Card charges.

So we basically get free car insurance. Anybody else out there remotely interested in this program? Check with your local State Farm agent for the details.

Be smart with credit cards. Make them work for you instead of you working to pay them off. Decades ago I carried American Express, MasterCard, Diner's Club, Discover, etc., all for business purposes. Now I won't bother with a credit card unless it is free and rewards me big-time for using it. So I only carry two credit cards now. Follow this plan and you'll improve your financial situation in a hurry. Just don't break the rule of always paying your credit card bill in full.

• 3 years later...
www.lexuspursuits.com

I just got one... because they offered zero interest for 6 months and an $800 dealer credit if I put $5000 of my purchase on the credit card. Seemed like a great deal to me.

How did you get them to offer you the $800 dealer credit? Was it part of a new purchase deal or is this something anyone can get by spending $5000? Thanks!