Is300 Cd Changer Problems and Fixes

cdub

yea.. my too. i hit a guy head on while he was running the red light a couple years back, but the disc's got jammed and they had to take it out and mail me the discs a few weeks later... the wreck also knocked my roof out of alignment. they fixed them, but here we are a couple years later and both items are messing up on me again... the cd player only works half the time... always get an error. im planning on changing it soon to an aftermarket one, just need to decide which one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all just bought a is200 2002 model , cd was working alright but now when you turn the car on,

the cd player makes a click sound, like its trying to eject a cd and the number 1 cd flashes but thats it,

you cant put another cd in there, you cant eject it and you cant put a cd in either,

anyone had this problem and know how i can fix it,

i tried pulling out the radio 2 fuse as someone told me but didnt work

thanks

Hi all just bought a is200 2002 model , cd was working alright but now when you turn the car on,

the cd player makes a click sound, like its trying to eject a cd and the number 1 cd flashes but thats it,

you cant put another cd in there, you cant eject it and you cant put a cd in either,

thanks

Welcome to the LOC. Your gonna like your new ride alot.

Although, the factory head unit is pretty much known to have alot of troubles with the cd mechanism. I can't tell you how many posts there are in here with cd player problems. So, I tell you like I tell them all,

1- pull it out and fix it, it may keep happening though. There doesn't seem to be any trick to fixing them.

2- If you really want stock, buy a another stock unit. You can get them on ebay, I think bartkat here in the LOC sells em. I have a barely used one for sale.

3-Go aftermarket.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me howto pull the deck out and fix it, my e-mail is nicka102@gmail.com

Thanks

thanks

Welcome to the LOC. Your gonna like your new ride alot.

Although, the factory head unit is pretty much known to have alot of troubles with the cd mechanism. I can't tell you how many posts there are in here with cd player problems. So, I tell you like I tell them all,

1- pull it out and fix it, it may keep happening though. There doesn't seem to be any trick to fixing them.

2- If you really want stock, buy a another stock unit. You can get them on ebay, I think bartkat here in the LOC sells em. I have a barely used one for sale.

3-Go aftermarket.

• 1 month later...
ive got one like that. i put in a completly new cd and it says error 2 which means that the disk is dirty/damaged, but the cd is new and went from the case to the player. Also, a cd will play one day and not the next and all i did was change to the next cd.

You might try cleaning the CD player. Maybe the lens is dirty or something. Could explain why it happens intermitenly.

Whenver I go to put a new cd in the player it just spins it around very loudly and then wont play it. i have to take the cd out and put it back in several times befor it will actually play. Is there anything i can do?

Use a cd cleaner several times and report back. :cheers:

I have the stock unit that replaced the one with all the problems in the buy and sell forum for sale. If you go to that forum you'll see it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, but if your looking for a stock cd/tape player to replace your with, I have one out of my 05' for sale. It's the one that replaced the problem ones in 01-03. pm me if your interested.

• 1 month later...

Heres a link to removing the radio. One more tip they don't give ya is to tape off the black plastic trim along each side of the radio first. It scratches really easy and is very noticable.

http://my.is/forums/2997488-post18.html

yup it should. but i'd be wary of buying it, they're notorious for CD jamming problems (mine jacked up)

Is there a player that you would recommend as a replacement to stock? I just want it to look good as well as sound good.

thanks!

LOL!!!

Geez guys, what one would you all recommend??? HHmmm,,,,,,,

And I Have one out of an 05' I could sell ya too.